• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forThose of Us Over 40 Years Old...

In summary, DS brought home a toy today from Grandmas that belonged to DH. It was two hard balls, each on the end of a long string that you bounce together and it makes that "clackety" sound. They are called clackers.
ChefBeckyD said:
"You Take My Breath Away".....I was at the perfect age for that movie when it came out - with him as the "older man", and the girl trying to pretend she was older than she was......I remember thinking "That could be me!"...I was so in love with Rex Smith!:love: :love: :love:

"...and I don't know what to say..." I remember that song and he was hot!

Chef Stacy Edwards said:
This is so fun i love going down memory lane (loved the 80's).
My first concert was Shaun Cassidy and then Adam Ant (lol) for some reason I thought he was cute in a differnt kind of way. I think my first and probably 1/2 of everone elses Idol was Elvis. When I was younger and had a chance to go to 2 of his concerts I will never forget that.

I used to LOVE Adam Ant but I preferred him when he was Adam and the Ants. I think I had all of his albums (yes, albums) including some that weren't released in the US. LOL!

PamperedChefDebi said:
Oh, Greg Evigan! BJ and the Bear! He was such a cutie. (BJ, not the Bear.)
I preferred the truck, actually.

ChefBeckyD said:
"You Take My Breath Away".....I was at the perfect age for that movie when it came out - with him as the "older man", and the girl trying to pretend she was older than she was......I remember thinking "That could be me!"...I was so in love with Rex Smith!:love: :love: :love:

we must be the same age as I remember falling for him around the same age...what a cutie!

Kitchen Diva said:
I loved Shaun Cassidy! One day my mom came home with a People Magazine and Shaun was on the cover...I put it right under my pillow so at night I could dream of him. And I think I was 10 or 11, so don't ruin my innocent love of Shaun...
Funny you should mention Shaun, I was channel surfing on the car radio this afternoon and stopped on a soft-rock station for a while. They were playing Shaun Cassidy singing Da-Doo-Run-Run....I thought of this thread. Brought back some fun memories.

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The definition of "kids" is usually any smart-a$s more than 10 years younger than you are.

Daddy? Is that you?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA

(that's what you get for calling me a smart a$$) Thank you very kindly, but I prefer brat!:cool:

I was pretty ga-ga over Shaun, but Andy was my man.....I was in college (in AUBURN~WAR EAGLE) and driving to my then boyfriends house when I heard on the radio that he had dies. I had to pull over I was crying so hard! And when I got to the boyfriends house, he thought someone I actually knew had died.....well, in a way he was someone I knew~:cry: :cry:

The_Kitchen_Guy said:
The definition of "kids" is usually any smart-a$s more than 10 years younger than you are.
My dad's eternal answer to that is... rather be a smart @ss than a dumb sh!t. :p
:p
:p He is a man of few words but great wisdom. LOL..

<h2>1. What are those toys with two hard balls on strings called?</h2><p>The toy you are describing is commonly known as "clackers" or "click clacks". They were popular in the 1970s and 1980s and were often made of hard plastic or acrylic.</p><h2>2. What is the purpose of clackers?</h2><p>Clackers were primarily used as a toy for children to play with. The goal was to get the two balls to swing and hit each other, making a "clacking" sound. They were also sometimes used as a form of exercise or for hand-eye coordination.</p><h2>3. Are clackers safe for children to play with?</h2><p>While clackers were marketed as a toy for children, they were actually quite dangerous. The hard plastic balls could easily break and fly off the string, causing injuries to the child or anyone nearby. As a result, many schools and playgrounds banned clackers.</p><h2>4. Can adults play with clackers?</h2><p>Clackers were originally marketed towards children, but many adults also enjoyed playing with them. In fact, there were even competitions and tournaments held for clacker enthusiasts. However, they can still be dangerous and should be used with caution.</p><h2>5. Are clackers still available to buy?</h2><p>While clackers were popular in the past, they are not as common now. They can still be found for sale through vintage or retro toy sellers, but they are not widely available. Due to their safety concerns, they are not produced by major toy companies anymore.</p>

1. What are those toys with two hard balls on strings called?

The toy you are describing is commonly known as "clackers" or "click clacks". They were popular in the 1970s and 1980s and were often made of hard plastic or acrylic.

2. What is the purpose of clackers?

Clackers were primarily used as a toy for children to play with. The goal was to get the two balls to swing and hit each other, making a "clacking" sound. They were also sometimes used as a form of exercise or for hand-eye coordination.

3. Are clackers safe for children to play with?

While clackers were marketed as a toy for children, they were actually quite dangerous. The hard plastic balls could easily break and fly off the string, causing injuries to the child or anyone nearby. As a result, many schools and playgrounds banned clackers.

4. Can adults play with clackers?

Clackers were originally marketed towards children, but many adults also enjoyed playing with them. In fact, there were even competitions and tournaments held for clacker enthusiasts. However, they can still be dangerous and should be used with caution.

5. Are clackers still available to buy?

While clackers were popular in the past, they are not as common now. They can still be found for sale through vintage or retro toy sellers, but they are not widely available. Due to their safety concerns, they are not produced by major toy companies anymore.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pamperedpals
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
sharalam
  • ChefBeckyD
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
baychef
  • scottcooks