• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

? for those involved with David's Bridal

jhammer22

Member
Mar 31, 2006
78
0
I found out that my local store is available. The cost is $275 a month and the leads last year averaged 250 a month. My director thought it was a ridiculous idea and wouldn't even consider mentioning it to anyone to split the cost with me.

I am a brand-spankin' new consultant and just want to get others opinions on this.

Do you think this could possibly be worth the money? The thing that stinks is that it is a year contract and if it ended up being a flop I'd be locked in for a year.

Julie
 

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
664
0
Wow.. lol I just talked to a David's Bridal rep today about this too! I can't afford the $275 a month, and although I'm hopeful, I'm not positive I'll be able to do it for a full year! I haven't talked to my director, but our relationship isn't the greatest, and my husband would prefer if I didn't get involved with a full year lease with her and my recruiter. So, I suppose unless God allows the store to stay open long enough for me to get a good downline of my own, I'm a wavin' bye to this opportunity! *sigh* 200-250 contacts a month.. and she said there was a consultant that went to another store in the area and walked around with some candy in the SA, introducing himself.. and he got 14 registries, 5 shows, and 3 recruits out of it! -- in ONE DAY! that blows my mind! It's like, if I had some income from PC coming in, I think I could justify the cost, knowing that I could more than break even with the monthly $275. But I don't have the income to do it with right now.. Ahh.. if it's meant to be, it will.
 
T

tpchefrebecca

Guest
I am doing DB with my cluster. We split the cost and so far I haven't had any bites. I did however receive a lead, from our monthly list, who just so happens to be a past customer. Imagine that:confused:

Anyway, she is my only lead as far as shows. I have been in this for two months do feel optomistic about it.

jhammer22:
Let your director know that the cost can be split. You will also need a strong leader and someone dedicated to organize something this big.

I did receive some great tips from this site. You never know until you try!
 

Kelley Sells

Member
Feb 2, 2006
345
0
just signed on

with our cluster, there are about 10-12 of us splitting the cost....this sat. will be my 1st weekend at the store.....we got a TON of leads that are coming out tonight so I'm quite excited.

I would LOVE any tips form folks who are doing it as well.

I'll let you all know how sat. went. I have about 6 Saturdays to sit at the store....
 
Feb 12, 2006
12
0
jhammer22 said:
I found out that my local store is available. The cost is $275 a month and the leads last year averaged 250 a month. My director thought it was a ridiculous idea and wouldn't even consider mentioning it to anyone to split the cost with me.

I am a brand-spankin' new consultant and just want to get others opinions on this.

Do you think this could possibly be worth the money? The thing that stinks is that it is a year contract and if it ended up being a flop I'd be locked in for a year.

Julie

Excuse me for saying so...but your director is a loon! our cluster director bought the list and charges us $10 for a page of 23. We have all had great luck with this! i suggest that you go behind your director and email or call the people in your group.

I have attached a document one of my good friends sent us (susan:) This has worked very well for calling the leads from davids bridal:)

good luck
 

Attachments

  • ColdCall DavidsBridal.doc
    21 KB · Views: 606

Kelley Sells

Member
Feb 2, 2006
345
0
My 1st Sat. at David's....

Well my advice is this, make sure you check with the manager and get a table and chairs that you can sit at and do up like a pic flyer and if your doing a raffle a sign for the raffle and show the prize....think bridal when decorating....we don't have a table and chairs so we where walking around all day 16,000 sq ft. store......LOL....

I would rather be sitting and having people come to US instead of to the folks....I feel that it is a brides special day and that I was intruding by talking and passing out stuff....

So do it as a Vendor table.....have them sign up for a raffle...etc.....

BUT it was a BLAST watching all the young women trying on their gowns...they where beaming with joy......it was fun......
 

its_me_susan

Senior Member
Jul 31, 2005
2,053
10
tpchefrebecca said:
I am doing DB with my cluster. We split the cost and so far I haven't had any bites. I did however receive a lead, from our monthly list, who just so happens to be a past customer. Imagine that:confused:

Anyway, she is my only lead as far as shows. I have been in this for two months do feel optomistic about it.

jhammer22:
Let your director know that the cost can be split. You will also need a strong leader and someone dedicated to organize something this big.

I did receive some great tips from this site. You never know until you try!

Rebecca I am totally finding that the cold call is where you get the registries ~ I offer to create the account for them. I'll attach my "words". ~ oops just discovered Samantha posted them (Hi Sam!!! Nice to see you here).

I'd like to know what that PCer who walked around was saying to every one... My store manager kind of discouraged it. But did encourage us to come to a meeting (in a few weeks, cross your fingers for me) to speak to the store clerks, who have alot of downtime with the brides while they are changing and what-not. I plan to get a flyer in all the dressing rooms with cards. Then if there are any bites, share them in a rotating way with those who bought into that month.
 
Aug 2, 2005
12
0
I love David's Bridal

I am doing it by myself right now. But in my 2 mont (only been doing it 1 month) I have filled myself up until the middle of July. and some shows in August. I haven't actually set up at the store but just called!!!!!!! I call and tell the bride that I am a corporate vendor with david's bridal ( of course the lead in to about PC) and that because they registered with David's they have won a FREE Shower. I tell them what day I have avail and see if that day is good for them 90% of the people that I ahve called haved taken it up.

2 registries but tons of bookings.

the key is the phone call because they aren't going to call you more than likely. They don't understand that they NEED US. They think that at a shower they will get everything they need ...they don't know that they will recieve 10 crystal potpourri plates and not one knife or pizza cutter.

Just my 2 cents but I say that it is well worth it. ( i had 240 leads)

Ashley
 

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
664
0
I really wish I had the income from PC to invest in this on my own.. I know it would really rocket my business if I did it.. *sigh* Sorry, I'll stop whining now! hehe. Just kind of a bummer, ya know?
 

pchefinski

Advanced Member
Oct 7, 2005
664
0
Julie, are you close with any others in your cluster? If so, call them up and see if they'd be interested in doing this. Who says it has to be through your director? Ashley's doing it on her own, so you don't need a director! Maybe you can find a few of your clustermates that are interested.
 

jhammer22

Member
Mar 31, 2006
78
0
My problem is that the only people I know in my cluster are my recruiter and my director. They both think this is ridiculous. I've been to one cluster meeting and there were only 6 or 7 in attendance. I'm not sure what they would like of me approaching them. I may have to give it a shot at the next cluster meeting.

Julie
 

chef.katie

Member
Mar 6, 2006
118
0
Julie,
Where are you from? You might be able to find consultants from this sight that would be willing to split it with you.
 

heat123

Legend Member
Silver Member
Sep 7, 2005
6,977
0
ashleyispampered said:
I am doing it by myself right now. But in my 2 mont (only been doing it 1 month) I have filled myself up until the middle of July. and some shows in August. I haven't actually set up at the store but just called!!!!!!! I call and tell the bride that I am a corporate vendor with david's bridal ( of course the lead in to about PC) and that because they registered with David's they have won a FREE Shower. I tell them what day I have avail and see if that day is good for them 90% of the people that I ahve called haved taken it up.

2 registries but tons of bookings.

the key is the phone call because they aren't going to call you more than likely. They don't understand that they NEED US. They think that at a shower they will get everything they need ...they don't know that they will recieve 10 crystal potpourri plates and not one knife or pizza cutter.

Just my 2 cents but I say that it is well worth it. ( i had 240 leads)

Ashley

That is awesome! Good for you! I have yet to make my phone calls with my list of leads. I have the bad case of Phone phobia and need to start making the calls! That is amazing you are getting yeses to actual showers. Most doing this are getting registries instead! Great job! If only I would start already!
 

rayday

Member
Oct 3, 2005
342
0
jhammer22 said:
I am in the Des Moines area. If anyone is interested, please let me know.

Julie

I wish I could do it with you! I am from Iowa, around Burlington/Mt. Pleasant but my husband is in the military and we are stationed here in Hawaii. Unfortunately, there is no DB here but that is where I bought my wedding Dress and I think that this is a great idea!

I don't think you should have a problem finding some people around there to go in with you, Good Luck!
 

Cookin'InTX

Member
Sep 26, 2005
63
0
Pair up

The Cluster that I meet with paired with a near-by Cluster and they got the cost per consultant down to $65 for a one week slot. My Recruiter already did her week and she got 8 leads (in-store) and 4 possible recruits...the poss. recruits were the David's Bridal employees! Can you believe that! One of the girl's was supposed to submit her contract already, but I haven't heard whether or not she actually did.
 

pampchefrhondab

Senior Member
Feb 18, 2005
2,766
4
I'm a little behind the times

Sorry..... I haven't had a lot of time to read posts lateley.

How do you actually get these gigs w/David's Bridal? Also, they actually let you come in the store and talk to brides or do they just give you a list of names (or both)?

For $250/month, do they let you come in every day?

Please give me some more info.

Thanks!
 

loreedfk

Member
Mar 22, 2006
151
0
Our Director contracted with our local DB. You can then pay for a week and you can "work" the store or just take the lead sheet for the week. This is actually my week and due to a full time job and a couple little full time sons, I haven't put in an actual store appearance, but here's what I've learned from the other's that have done it. One gentleman ended up with about 6 bookings, 4 registries and a couple of recruit leads from 2 visits to the store. Others have reported similar successes. Our local DB frowns on us setting up a table, but appreciates us entertaining the brides while they are waiting for help from an employee or standing in the check-out line.

I have to agree with the majority - this is not a one person undertaking. Not only is the cost a deterrant, but could you single handedly contact every one of those leads and service them? And I also agree with whoever said your Director is a loon - this is a wonderful opportunity - especially with the new wedding registry. Perhaps you could contact HO for another Director in your area to see if they are interested in jumping on the bandwagon WITH you.
 
Top