• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Applying the 3-2-1 Plan to Your Spiritual Life

In summary, the conversation revolved around the idea of applying the 3-2-1 Plan for Success with PC to one's spiritual life. The participants discussed the importance of balancing financial and eternal security, and the challenges of talking to others about God. They also shared personal experiences and struggles with prioritizing God in their lives. Finally, they brainstormed ways to apply the 3-2-1 Plan to their spiritual lives, such as praying for others and actively seeking out opportunities to share God's love.
She is in my prayers.

Chef Kearns said:
This came from a friend of mine. If you guys don't mind praying, I'm sure the family would appreciate it.

I have a very good friend named Debbie W . Her daughter's name is Ariel. Ariel broke up with her boyfriend 2 weeks ago. Yesterday morning the “x” was waiting at South Plains College for her with a double edged knife. (They also found a gun in his truck) He stabbed her 7 times: head, neck, chest twice, back twice and abdomen. She had gashes on one hand and a cracked eye socket.

The knife in the chest missed her heart by one inch. The knife missed her jugular vein by a fraction. She was able to communicate when they brought her in. Now they have her heavily sedated for the next 48 hours or so. The Lord is good in deed! It is only by the grace of God that she is alive. The “x” slit his own throat after attacking her.

Please pray for her family. Pray for complete physical and emotional healing for Ariel.

Please pass this prayer request on to anyone and everyone.

I will be praying for her...about 10 years ago a guy I used to go to church with went to his ex-girlfriend's place of work (they had broken up and he was unstable mentally and not taking care of it). She was being walked out to her car by her supervisor (for protection). Eric walked up, shot them both then shot himself in the head - all dead. It was so sad.

I pray that Ariel has peace, relief from the pain and heals from her physical and emotional scars and has the support she needs to heal both ways. I personally can't comprehend how people can get to that point (and in a way pray I never do understand), but I hope they find God to fill their needs.

I had stopped in to check on everyone before I went to bed and let everyone know that I've had a long, rough, busy week, but am still praying as I think about this group! :) I don't always have all the names and situations in my head at once, but pray as I think about specifics and we all know God knows the rest.

Prayer requestI have an old friend preparing to undergo bone marrow transplant. He will begin the process on Sunday, and his wife will be staying with me for the next month (they are from out of town) I will be part of his caregiving team, and I am somewhat overwhelmed because I am not sure what to expect. Please pray for me, that I will be a help, and not a hinderance, and that God will bring him through. He has a 5 year old daughter, and when she was born, he was in remission. Mikkenzi has dealt with this her entire life, and now is facing being away from her Daddy for 5 months. Mommy will only have limited access to her, a week here and there, when I am able to spend the entire week with Mike. Also pray that God will be able to keep my business together for me. I am so thankful for PC, to enable me to have the flexible schedule I need to be able to help my friends. Once he is out of the hospital, he will be in isolation at a hotel for 100 days, with either Kelly or I with him at all times. I am also putting together an on-line fundraiser for the famiuly. They have exhausted all of their savings, etc during this battle, and Mike will be unable to work for 1 year, and Kelly unable to work for the next 5 months. But I know that I serve a mighty God, and He is able !!! Thank you in advance for your prayers for Mike and Kelly .

We've been doing bible studies at church by Beth ...I can't remember the lady's last name right now but it was mentioned in one of the first pages of the thread). Everything I've read. But anways, if you can get a hold of anything that she has written, get it. Her studies have helped me get so much closer to God. Thank you for this thread. Thanks to Janet who really opened my eyes not to long ago and made me realize as a christian i wasn't where i really needed to be and that I started to let my mouth start talking instead of letting god be in control. Thanks again! I'll be praying for everyone on cs.

Is it Beth Moore?

Thank you for this thread!Thank you for this thread! I also feel that God led me to P.C. It's nice to know that we have a good christian support group. I will also try to apply the 3-2-1 to my christian life! :)

Chef Kearns: Any update on Ariel??????

Yes, she is doing much better. I believe she is out of intensive care. The boyfriend didn't die!! He is recovering AT THE SAME HOSPITAL!!

I'm sure the family felt your prayers! Thank you all. I'm sure if you can add her to your prayer list she could still use it.

Still in our prayers
Chef Kearns said:
Yes, she is doing much better. I believe she is out of intensive care. The boyfriend didn't die!! He is recovering AT THE SAME HOSPITAL!!

I'm sure the family felt your prayers! Thank you all. I'm sure if you can add her to your prayer list she could still use it.

Thanks for the update!

Wow, that's scary to be in the same hospital with the person who tried to kill you. I hope she has police security while in the hospital. It's a shame that someone feels so hopeless, selfish and angry to try to end another person's life. Now justice can be served and she can get on with her life. I know it's going to be hard for her and her family but with the help of the Lord, they can do it. We will definitely keep this in our family prayers!

Debbie :D

I have added all the concerns and requests on this thread to my prayer list and I ask that you please add my concerns:

For the person replacing me at my day job, that she may find a more welcoming and understanding atmosphere than I had (it is a church).

For my (her) boss, that he see the need to be more honest and caring.

For me and my family as we travel next week to my grandmother's funeral.

For my cousin who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer.

For my MIL who is coming to the end of her life and my FIL and BIL who are doing most of her care. That they find the strength to continue and to let go when the time comes.

For the other concerns in my heart.

I pray for God's perfect will in all of these things. It is hard for us to understand His plan but we all need to keep in mind that He loves us and is always there to lean on.

Thanks!

...will be praying for you Beth - that is a lot...

BethCooks4U said:
I have added all the concerns and requests on this thread to my prayer list and I ask that you please add my concerns:

For the person replacing me at my day job, that she may find a more welcoming and understanding atmosphere than I had (it is a church).

For my MIL who is coming to the end of her life and my FIL and BIL who are doing most of her care. That they find the strength to continue and to let go when the time comes.

I pray for God's perfect will in all of these things. It is hard for us to understand His plan but we all need to keep in mind that He loves us and is always there to lean on.

Thanks!

Beth - I will be praying! We don't see the big picture, but He does!

Beth~
You are in my prayers, too. Sounds like a lot you are dealing with...keep your focus on God and he will give you strength- he always does. I don't know how those who don't have Him get through hard times...it would be soooo much harder!

In his love,
Kelly

Added you to my list
BethCooks4U said:

Thanks!

I have added yours and everyone else's needs and prayer requests to my list.
Also I have a prayer request. One of my daughter's friends at church had a really bad cough Wednesday night at prayer meeting and unfortunately I think she gave it to my daughter. Her friend was diagnosed with bronchitis on Friday at her pediatrician's office.
My daughter Naomi is going to be three in May and I hate to see her sick. She is just sitting around, not her usual self. We missed church today because she had a fever of 102 last night and is coughing up a storm. It sounds like she is going to cough up her lungs. And I am watching to make sure she isn't having trouble breathing or begins to wheeze alot. I read that online at a medical website for toddlers. I was a little upset that she brought herself and her daughter knowing they were sick so please pray that I can forgive and move on. I am pregnant and can't afford to get sick. It has been mentioned to this person before that if she is sick she should stay home but unfortunately she doesn't listen to this advice very well.
Anyone else have any suggestions? It mentioned it is viral so there isn't anything really they can prescribe for her, we just have to ride it out.
My son who is 16 months is getting a runny nose, and a cough, but it's not that bad. Thanks everyone!

???? I missed what you are trying to do Leah...

I attached a photo in an earlier post to this thread as an attachment....... however it was so small you couldnt' see it... but if you click on the link it will take you directly to a wedding photo of mine..... in an earlier post i was talking about the blessing of marriage and what the lord does when he blesses a family with rich in love and happiness.... so I thought I would share wedding photo.

You make a handsome couple and one can feel your happiness radiating off of both of you. I love the cape.

mommyhugz1978 said:
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/ind...e&friendID=35444707&albumID=0&imageID=3507837

I am going to try this again.. if its just a link then it's another wedding photo....I am really short... and David is 6'7 with shoes on...... but I love it..... :D

I can't see it...but oh well, I'll peer at your avatar.
My grandma was 4'11" and grandpa about 6'4", pictures of them are kind of funny, let still very cute. :)
I bet he's really useful getting things off the top shelf in the kitchen! :)

WE are not registeredCan we not see it because we are not registered? I am not a registered user of Myspace. I try to stay away from that website, but I wanted to see your pic.

ergggg....... I am not sure how to get the photo into the message box..... but I have some of them posted in the photo area.......on here....

Hi Kelly:
KellyTheChef said:
http://www.seriousfaith.com/dvo/devotion.asp?teachingnumber=541

This is the fifth in a series of five devotionals on leadership. These have been in my email every day this week. God IS telling me to be a leader...this is just one is a looooong line of events he has used to speak to me!

Hope these can help someone else on here!

I wanted to post this in your first response, I grew up Methodist (not that that matters) and just recently listened to Joel Osteen's 5 Cd's on HOw to Live your best life now. Boy was that an inspiration and really made me start thinking too. If you haven't yet, try and listen to his CD;s they're awesome!!!
Joel explains that God leads us to be leaders and that we should go for it, afterall hel; be there to assist us along the way. Like I said I believed before, but ever since listening to the CD's and my experience (below) I feel changed :)

Anyways, last night during work I had one of my worst headaches and my co-worker asked me if she could pray for me (even though I was raised in the church, I must say I was skeptical) and really feel badly and have asked God for his forgiveness, even though I keep thinking how awesome my experience was. My headache vanished immediately. My co-worker was trembling and she felt her hand was very hot afterwards.

I used to believe quietly in my own ways, but now I"m willing to step up/out and not be so quiet.

I"m glad I came to re-read the posts here.

Liz

Thanks,
Shawnna said:
I have enjoyed this thread. There seems to be several different denominations here, but the most important thing is that they all seem to believe that Jesus is the way to Heaven. I firmly believe that every church...no matter what denomination...will have members who are "left behind" when Jesus returns. Just like I believe that every church will have members rejoicing in Heaven. Jesus says that noone comes to the Father except through him. That is what is important. That being said, there are many people who say that they are Christians, but in reality they are what I call "Sunday Christians". They go on Sunday morning and live a totally different life outside of the church. The Bible says we will be known by our fruits. I pray every day that my fruit is good. I personally only read the KJ version of the Bible because it was the first translation. I feel that after it has been translated and translated it loses its true meaning and we have to really be careful not to be deceived. It is true that there are many false teachings out there. And, the Devil comes to steal, kill and destroy. We must guard our hearts.

I do insert bits of my "testimony" into my shows. I try to make God a part of every piece of my life. I am enjoying this thread and will be checking back.

Well said, I beleive there are many different denominations and that's not a bad thing. Even though I was raised Methodist we still had catechism SP? and during parts of our 3 yrs we learned about differnt Faith's, many times with visitors from other denominations. Our minister made it known we were'nt judging other religions, just learning about them.

I often believe and try to practice as I was taught, I"m not perfect by a long run, but I may not go to church but that doesn't mean I don't believe and don't practice what I was taught either. I try not to judge other's but when other's just go to see who has shown up but not practice the teachings when they're out of the church setting, I just don't understand that. I had a family member who would go to see who showed up, yet did everything opposite of our teachings.

I know I should'nt be afraid, but often times sit back and read what other's ahve to say so I don't step on anyone's toes!

Liz

Well Said...
cooking.with.ann said:
Thank you, Shawnna. I would just like us all to be mindful of what Janet said in one of her earlier posts:

Like Janet, I disagree with some of the theology of other religions. But I don't believe that anything is accomplished by making negative statements about one religion or another.

Each of us believes that our faith teaches the truth, or we wouldn't be practicing it. Let us respect that for the sake of our goal here.

This is one of the reasons it took me so long to decide whether or not to come into this thread. I know we all have differences and who's to say one religion is correct while everyone else's is incorrect. It that is your belief please respect other's belief's as well.

A family member thru marriage changed religions totally and she's constantly telling us we're lied to by our religion and only her new faith is right. I don't like hearing what she has to say and in my opinion she's part of a cult now, but I don't say that especially in her house.

Everyone should try and be respectful of everyone else's opinions/belief's and not throw in their judgements towards other's.

JMHO;

Liz

Not judgementalI think that sometimes passionate and well meaning people can be mistaken for insensitive and judgmental people. I know that some of the remarks made on this thread were blunt and probably made some people upset but what I regard as truth cannot be hidden. I care for the souls of others and want them to know what a personal relationship with JESUS is like. It's the only satisfying thing in this world.
I am not ashamed of Jesus and therefore not ashamed of the message he preached in the bible. I mean you keep bringing it up about respecting others religions and learning from other religions. If I believe a religion is false and will not give me eternal life or salvation, there is nothing to learn from them. They are dangerous and even though I don't expect everyone to think like me and to accept what I say. I think we should all have open minds, even to those, like myself, who feel that Jesus is the only way to heaven and for sharing my experience in a false church. What some people consider as negative statements, I consider as truth and love! I really don't think any of the remarks made on this website have damaged the positive effect this thread has had on me and others. Prayers are being lifted up and we are sharing personal spiritual experiences with each other. I will continue to pray for everyone who has requested it on this thread. I have always heard that cliche, "Two things you should never talk about with other people politics and religion."
I think this is nonsense. I don't think those two topics are personal issues that should be hidden from each other, it's a shame that people feel that way. I love to have deep meaningful conversations with other people no matter what the subject.

DebbieSAChef said:
I care for the souls of others and want them to know what a personal relationship with JESUS is like. It's the only satisfying thing in this world.
I am not ashamed of Jesus and therefore not ashamed of the message he preached in the bible. I mean you keep bringing it up about respecting others religions and learning from other religions. If I believe a religion is false and will not give me eternal life or salvation, there is nothing to learn from them.

Amen, Sister!! Preach on!!

If you are encouraged when you hear someone's testimony here is one for you.
http://www.c28.com/founder.asp

He came to the US when his dad, who was a high ranking govt official, fled Cuba as Castro gained power. If you bought a Dogaloo before he sold the company, you help contribute to his wealth. Praise God he is using it all to God's glory today. I hope you are encouraged and uplifted by this brothers testimony.

Great testimonyI love to hear of people following Christ after so many years following satan and chasing after the material things of this world.
It's also great to hear about the power of Christ to show us our sin and to help us to not count on our "goodness or good works" to save us. But to count on His righteousness!
Thank you for sharing that. It fills my hear with joy to hear of people who not only decide that Jesus has much more to offer in this lifetime than all the riches in the world, but genuine repentance and conversion. Some things sorely lacking in the gospel of America today. And even though I don't like the "sinner's prayer" it's great to hear of a man now knowing and following Christ, it's awesome!!

It was convicting to me that his very good friend and business partner of 10 years was a Christian and never shared the gospel with him for fear of "ruining his day" Yikes! The gospel in humble love is a gift we should be excited to share. Hummm.... where have we heard this.... Like our favorite restaurant. Only we are sharing the opportunity free eternal life with our creator. Do you think we could run our own "I'm glad you asked?"

ps
where is spell check?

> FORREST GUMP GOES TO HEAVEN
>
> The day finally arrived. Forrest Gump dies and goes to Heaven. He is at
>
> the Pearly Gates, met by St. Peter himself. However, the gates are closed,
>
> and Forrest approaches the gatekeeper.
>
>
> St. Peter said, "Well, Forrest,
>
> it is certainly good to see you. We have heard a lot about you I must
>
> tell you, though, that the place is filling up fast, and we have been
> administering
>
> an entrance examination for everyone. The test is short, but you have to
>
> pass it before you can get into Heaven."
>
>
> Forrest responds, "It sure is
>
> good to be here, St. Peter, sir. But nobody ever told me about any
> entrance
>
> exam. I sure hope that the test ain't too hard.
>
>
> Life was a big enough test
>
> as it was."
>
>
> St. Peter continued, "Yes, I
>
> know, Forrest, but the test is only three questions.
>
> First:
>
> What two days of the week begin with the letter T?
>
> Second:
>
> How many seconds are there in a year?
>
> Third:
>
> What is God's first name?"
>
>
> Forrest leaves to think the questions
>
> over. He returns the next day and sees St. Peter, who waves him up, and
>
> says, "Now that you have had a chance to think the questions over,
>
> tell me your answers"
>
>
> Forrest replied, "Well, the
>
> first one -- which two days in the week begins with the letter "T"?
>
> Shucks, that one is easy. That would be Today and Tomorrow."
>
>
> The Saint's eyes opened wide and
>
> he exclaimed, "Forrest, that is not what I was thinking, but you do
>
> have a point, and I guess I did not specify, so I will give you credit
>
> for that answer. How about the next one?" asked St. Peter.
>
>
> "How many seconds in a year?
>
> Now that one is harder," replied Forrest, but I thunk and thunk about
>
> that, and I guess the only answer can be twelve."
>
>
> Astounded, St. Peter said, "Twelve?
>
> Twelve? Forrest, how in Heaven's name could you come up with twelve