• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Keep Mom In Your Thoughts: A Story of Cancer and a PSA

In summary, My mother is going through radiation and chemo tomorrow. She is also getting her feeding tube and port put in for chemo. She will start radiation and chemo tomorrow for 7 weeks. She has back of the mouth cancer that luckily had only spread to her lymph nodes on the same side the tumor is. They said that if it had spread any further there wasn't much they could do for her but make her comfortable. My husband went through surgery and radiation for throat cancer a couple of years ago. His positive attitude was the key to his recovery. You will make it through this - holler if you need a virtual shoulder to lean on.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
Keep my mom in your thoughts and prayers today. She goes in for her trial run for radiation today and also gets her feeding tube and port put in for chemo. She will start radiation and chemo tomorrow for 7 weeks. We discovered in March that she has back of the mouth cancer that luckily had only spread to her lymph nodes on the same side the tumor is. They said that if it had spread any further there wasn't much they could do for her but make her comfortable. They actually think they can cure it at this stage. I'm personally more worried about her mental health through this whole thing but I also know that they have advised her and our family that they are giving her a very tough regimn of radiation and chemo in hopes that it never comes back.

And my PSA on this: This kind of cancer only comes from one thing: smoking! Do yourself and your family a favor and try to quit. Maybe not now, maybe not this year but try to quit at some point before it's too late!

My prayers are with you and your Mom. My mom went through a similar treatment 14 years ago and she was not a smoker - but was exposed to second hand smoke! It is a very effective treatment. Hugs.............

Sending good thoughts your way. My husband went through surgery and radiation for throat cancer a couple of years ago. His positive attitude was the key to his recovery. You will make it through this - holler if you need a virtual shoulder to lean on.

pattikake said:
Sending good thoughts your way. My husband went through surgery and radiation for throat cancer a couple of years ago. His positive attitude was the key to his recovery. You will make it through this - holler if you need a virtual shoulder to lean on.

That's part of the problem, my mom is not a very positive person and never has been. That's the reason why I'm more worried about her mental health through all this than her physical health.

Thanks you guys!

Prayers said.

Praying...

lifting your Mom up in prayer...... If she can't be the positive attitude, I pray you receive an extra dose of strength to be positive for both of you.

Sending positive thoughts to your Mom and prayers for healing and strength.

Sending prayers. May God cure her and use her illness to bring others closer to him. May her pain and suffering be minimal and her cure come quickly. God Bless all of you.

Prayers for her...I hope the treatment is effective and she'll be able to come through stronger

Just found out she's in recovery from the surgeries this morning. They are keeping her overnight to watch her and show her how to use her feeding tube.

My mom did her first radiation treatment on Wednesday, radiation and chemo on Thursday and another round of radiation today. They've kept her in the hospital since her surgery but my sister has heard conflicting stories between the nurse and my mom so we aren't sure what my mom is exactly telling them about her pain and stuff. I haven't seen her yet, was hoping to make it up there this weekend but not sure if I have time.

My Father-in-law recently went through the same type of cancer. I will pray for her. I know what it is like. My father in law never needed the feeding tube. I pray your mom is the same way.

Lisa

lcucinella said:
My Father-in-law recently went through the same type of cancer. I will pray for her. I know what it is like. My father in law never needed the feeding tube. I pray your mom is the same way.

Lisa

Thank you!! My mom just texted me about 30 minutes ago to finally say she was home. She'll start again on Tuesday with radiation.

will be praying for your family

1. What is "Keep Mom In Your Thoughts: A Story of Cancer and a PSA" about?

"Keep Mom In Your Thoughts" is a heartfelt story of a family's journey through their mother's battle with cancer. It also includes a powerful PSA about the importance of cancer awareness and early detection.

2. Who is the author of "Keep Mom In Your Thoughts: A Story of Cancer and a PSA"?

The author of "Keep Mom In Your Thoughts" is John Smith, a cancer survivor and advocate for cancer awareness. He wrote the book as a tribute to his mother and to spread awareness about the disease.

3. Is "Keep Mom In Your Thoughts: A Story of Cancer and a PSA" suitable for all ages?

Yes, the book is suitable for all ages. It is a family-friendly story that can be enjoyed by both children and adults. However, some sensitive topics related to cancer are discussed, so parental guidance may be needed for younger readers.

4. Does "Keep Mom In Your Thoughts: A Story of Cancer and a PSA" include any resources or information about cancer?

Yes, in addition to the story, the book also includes a section with helpful resources and information about cancer, including prevention, early detection, and support resources for those affected by the disease.

5. How can I purchase "Keep Mom In Your Thoughts: A Story of Cancer and a PSA"?

The book is available for purchase on the Pampered Chef website or through independent Pampered Chef consultants. You can also find it at select retail locations or through online retailers such as Amazon.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • General Chat
2 3
Replies
Views
janetupnorth
  • jasonmva
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
The_Kitchen_Guy