• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Requested for My DH: Seeking Peace in Troubled Times

In summary, when the back gate to their yard was not latched, one of their dogs got out and was found later on the side of the road by the husband. The dog had been hit by a car and was not w/ them anymore.
NooraK
Gold Member
I'm not an overly religious person, but I do believe, and I know many of you have a closer relationship with God than I do.

I would like to ask for some prayers for my DH.

Last night, he came home and let the dogs out into the yard as usual. We then discovered that the back gate wasn't latched, and they had gotten out. One of the neighbors caught one of the dogs right away, and another came home after about an hour. Unfortunately there was a nasty storm moving through, and our most timid dog didn't come home.

I found him this morning on the side of the road as I was going to work. DH ended up having to pick him up and take him to the veterinarian. He's had a really hard time at work recently, and this is just too much for him to bare. He feels guilty about not seeing that the gate wasn't latched.

If you could, please pray for some peace for him.

Thank you.

Oh, that's awful. Your poor husband. Prayers for peace going out to him....

When you say 'found' was your doggie still 'with us' or gone to doggie heaven? I'm sorry your DH is feeling the pangs of guilt. I lift you and your family up in prayer in these troubling times. Much love to you.

Brenda.the.chef said:
When you say 'found' was your doggie still 'with us' or gone to doggie heaven? I'm sorry your DH is feeling the pangs of guilt. I lift you and your family up in prayer in these troubling times. Much love to you.

I believe he was hit by a car and is not longer w/ us. :(
So sad!

Awe, big (((hugs))) to you both! That's super sad. :( I hope his feeling of guilt is short lived. I know it's human nature to think of all the "what if's" in a situation, but he's really not to blame here.

I ended up having to put a pad lock on my gate because the neighborhood kids kept opening the gate to play with my dogs & letting them out. It was super frustrating. My 2 dogs went out our gate that the neighborhood kids opened, through the neighbors open gate & 1 was attacked by a pit bull that was in it's own back yard and on a chain. They both came back home. I found the really injured one on his bed in the laundry room (they had a doggie door) and the other one protecting him. After a vet visit and a long rehab, he healed. Then a few months later a female dog that was in heat jumped the fence into my (locked) back yard! I guess that same male dog was harassing her because she attacked him. :( I was working a 16 hour shift that day and came home late to find him. He had been gone for a while when I found him. :( I got a 3rd dog to keep the survivor dog company and ended up doing an emergency vet visit for the 2 of them on Christmas Eve. The only thing we could figure out is that maybe a raccoon got in the yard? They both had lacerations from fighting with something (they never fought with one another). It was a crazy year!!!

Finding a seriously injured or deceased pet is not fun. I have a LOT of sympathy for your husband right now!

Brenda.the.chef said:

chefsteph07 said:
I believe he was hit by a car and is not longer w/ us. :(
So sad!

Yes, Jake has crossed the rainbow bridge.

I still don't know how I'm going to tell my son.

Sheila said:
I ended up having to put a pad lock on my gate because the neighborhood kids kept opening the gate to play with my dogs & letting them out.

We didn't have a lock, but we did have a carabiner clip, because DS could open the gate latch. I can't say 100% that one of us didn't forget the clip and DS lifted the latch open, but I know if the gate had be OPEN, DH would have seen because he parks right in front of the gate.

Oh I'm so sorry to hear this - for your whole family! You know, it's so easy to NOT see that the gate isn't latched - I hope your husband is able to find peace and there is a way to lift the burden of his guilt. It's not his fault!

That must have been one special little doggie if Heaven wanted him so soon. So sorry for your loss; ((Hugs)) to your family.

I can sympathize with your situation and prayers going up to heaven for your husband to have peace:)

You're all in my prayers.

Noora - I am so sorry. My prayers are with you and Dave. And with your little guy too as you give him the sad news. Our pets become like family - so I'll be praying for peace for all of you in the midst of your grief.

Thank you all. DH was at home today, so he's been able to mourn in peace. He seems to be doing better. DS started asking that we needed to go find Jake as we were driving home. DH talked to him about it.

So sorry this happened... Prayers of peace for your whole family and his doggy brothers...

Loss is never easy. I put my favorite dog down a few years ago and I still think of her. My heart is with your family.

I am so sorry. Praying for peace & strength for you, your son & DH.

1. What is the purpose of the "Prayers Requested for My DH" post?

The purpose of this post is to seek support and prayers for a loved one who is going through a difficult time. It is a way to reach out to our community and ask for positive thoughts and well wishes for our dear husband.

2. Who is the DH in this post?

DH stands for "Dear Husband" and can refer to anyone's spouse, partner, or significant other. In this case, the person posting is asking for prayers for their husband.

3. Can I share my own prayer request in the comments?

Absolutely! We welcome anyone to share their own prayer requests or words of encouragement in the comments. This is a supportive community and we believe in the power of coming together in prayer.

4. Is there a specific religion or belief system associated with this post?

No, there is no specific religion or belief system associated with this post. We believe in the power of positive thoughts and support from all walks of life, regardless of individual beliefs.

5. How can I show my support if I am not religious?

You can show your support by sending positive thoughts, well wishes, or words of encouragement in the comments. Your support and kind words can mean the world to someone going through a difficult time, regardless of religious beliefs.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
twinchefs
Replies
Views
3RingChef
Replies
Views