• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Prayers Needed: My Dad's Fight Against Cancer

In summary, there are many ways to support someone going through cancer, such as offering practical help and emotional support. While there is no scientific evidence that prayers can directly impact a person's fight against cancer, they can provide comfort and hope. It is important to ask the person how they would like to be prayed for and specific prayers and scriptures can be helpful, but ultimately any prayer or scripture that resonates with the person can be meaningful.
StacieB
Gold Member
I am not sure if I have posted asking for prayers before, but I need some for my father. My dad has two different forms of cancer. CML-Leukemia which is in Remission and also Stage 4 Prostate Cancer. Well the prostate cancer is being managed with chemo currently. Since Christmas he has been in the hospital with c-dif, an intestinal infection. Well he just got admitted again this morning and he is not doing well at all. He is very weak, pale, tired, and more. He has the big D (diarrhea) constantly and is in pain from that. More then likely they will be doing a colonoscopy soon to see if the cancer has spread. His blood levels are low as well so they have stopped the chemo till they can get him built back up a little.

Please pray for healing and strength. Also for my family and me. I am a total wreck. Thanks all!!

Stacie,
I'm sorry you are going through this. I pray for comfort and understanding during this time of your life. I also pray for painless as possible hospital stay for your father. Trust me I understand what you are going through, and how difficult it is.

I will be praying...

Prayers headed upstairs!!

Thank you so much!

I'll be praying.

Little update. Dad's kidney function and nervous system has now been affected by the dehydration. So ultrasounds are being done to watch that and make a plan. He has very slurred speech and twitches alot.

Thanks for all the prayers. They are still needed greatly.

More prayers coming, hon!

1. How can I support someone going through cancer?

There are many ways to support someone going through cancer. You can offer to help with daily tasks, provide emotional support, or simply listen and be there for them. You can also send them positive thoughts and prayers, as well as provide practical assistance such as cooking meals or driving them to appointments.

2. Can prayers really make a difference in someone's fight against cancer?

While there is no scientific evidence that prayers can directly impact a person's fight against cancer, many people find comfort and strength in knowing that others are thinking of them and sending positive energy their way. Prayer can also provide a sense of hope and peace during difficult times.

3. How can I specifically pray for someone with cancer?

It is important to ask the person who is sick how they would like to be prayed for. They may have specific requests or intentions that they would like others to pray for. You can also pray for their physical healing, strength and resilience, as well as for their emotional and spiritual well-being.

4. Can I send prayers for someone's recovery even if I don't know them personally?

Absolutely! Your prayers and positive thoughts can still have a powerful impact, even if you do not know the person personally. In fact, many people find comfort in knowing that strangers are supporting and rooting for them in their battle against cancer.

5. Are there any specific prayers or scriptures that are helpful for those going through cancer?

There are many prayers and scriptures that can offer comfort and strength to those going through cancer. Some popular ones include the "Serenity Prayer", Psalm 23, and Philippians 4:13 ("I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"). Ultimately, any prayer or scripture that resonates with the person going through cancer can be helpful and meaningful.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kreaser
  • StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Gina M
Replies
Views
Admin Greg