• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dad's Prostate Cancer: Facing Difficult Challenges Together

In summary, My dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer and it was decided that the Chemo will be stopped and Hospice will be called to come to his home to keep him comfortable.
StacieB
Gold Member
HI all, Yesterday my family received a huge bombshell when my dad went back to the oncologist. It was found out that the Chemo for his Prostate Cancer has stopped working. His PSA is going up as well as his blood counts are not good. It was decided that the Chemo will be stopped and Hospice will be called to come to his home to keep him comfortable. This was not expected at all. Any thoughts and prayers are welcome. Thank you. We are going to take it day by day and make the best of the situation.

Sending prayers your families way...

Your family is in my prayers.

Stacie you and your family will be in my prayers.

My prayers are with you and your dad. Your family is going through a very hard time right now and my heart goes out to you all. Please know that Hospice is a wonderful organization that will go above and beyond to help your dad as much as they can. God Bless you all!

Thanks all. The Hospice Nurse is coming today to talk about things.

I am so sorry to here of your not welcomed surprise news. I will pray for everyone's peace...what a difficult thing to deal with.

Prayers for comfort and peace, but also for God's glory to be done through a miraculous healing (hey, it doesn't hurt to ask!).

I'm sorry to hear. I'm praying for your Dad and you and your family.

Prayers for you and your family!!

Prayers your way, and my husband is going to have a mass said in his behalf.

many, many prayers your way!!

Praying for you and your family...

Prayers for your dad and your family coming your way.

Thanks everyone. We spoke with the Hospice Nurse and will start those services on the 18th after dad and mom get back from a 10 day trip to MT. He will get a last shot to help with keeing his bones strong. Hospice doesn't cover that shot, so this is why they are waiting. Dad is currently not in pain, so that is good. He does however have no short term memory, so that is very hard. Makes you wonder if he know what is going on. So we are being there for him at all times as well as my mom.

I'm so very sorry. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Stacie
my prayers are with you and your family...I got a phone call from my mom while at conference that my dad was diagnosed with prostate cancer...we had no idea and it was a complete shock..he had gone in for some tests right before the 4th of July and was going in to get those results back for some othr minor things...They are hopeful they have caught it in it's early stages...My parents have decided (after living in the same home for 53 years that my dad built) it is time to move to a retirement village!! This too, has been tough for everyone...they raised all 13 of us children in that home. They are getting excited to move, but have mixed feelings...
We are all hoping for the best...
I will continue to keep your dad in my daily prayers....
hugs
karlene
PS my dad will turn 79 August 5th on my 12 year old twins birthday!!!!

1. What is "Dad's Prostate Cancer: Facing Difficult Challenges Together" about?

"Dad's Prostate Cancer: Facing Difficult Challenges Together" is a book written by a family caregiver whose father is battling prostate cancer. It shares their emotional journey and offers practical advice and support for other families facing a similar situation.

2. Is this book only for families with a loved one battling prostate cancer?

No, this book can be beneficial for anyone who is currently caring for a loved one with cancer or any serious illness. It offers insights into the challenges of being a caregiver and helpful tips for navigating through difficult times.

3. Does the book offer any resources or support for caregivers?

Yes, the book includes a list of helpful resources and support organizations for caregivers. It also offers tips for self-care and ways to manage the emotional toll of caregiving.

4. Is "Dad's Prostate Cancer: Facing Difficult Challenges Together" a medical guide?

No, this book is not a medical guide and does not provide medical advice. It is a personal account of a family's experience with prostate cancer and offers emotional support and practical tips for families going through a similar journey.

5. How can I purchase "Dad's Prostate Cancer: Facing Difficult Challenges Together"?

The book is available for purchase on our website or through major online retailers. You can also ask for it at your local bookstore. We also offer bulk discounts for support groups or organizations interested in purchasing multiple copies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• StacieB
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
dianevill
  • vwpamperedchef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • hmolah