• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

forMac Users: Modifying Monthly Flyers From Ho

the converter takes care of that.I use PDFescape.com. It essentially works the same way as what Ann shows that Preview does. I upload the PDF, add a text box, and then download and save the new version. I also don't have to worry about the markup...the converter takes care of that.
chefann
Gold Member
Mac users, here are instructions to update PDFs without needing a full copy of Acrobat.You can use this technique to add your info to specials or to outside order forms. Then you can email them to hosts and know that your info will be there when they print them. Yay!First open the PDF in Preview. Preview comes as part of the Mac OS. It is the default for opening PDFs, unless you've installed Acrobat Reader and set it as the default.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/PDF%20Mod/Slide1.pngIn Preview, click the Annotate button at the top of the window.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/PDF%20Mod/Slide2.pngOnce in annotate mode, look for the annotate toolbar at the bottom of the screen. Click the Text button to enter text entry mode.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/PDF%20Mod/Slide3.pngClick on the PDF to place a text box. You won't see it, but once you start typing, you'll be able to see the letters. If you want to change the font (font, size, bold, etc.), select the font and then click the Show Font Panel button in the bottom toolbar.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/PDF%20Mod/Slide4.pngA popup window will open with formatting options.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/PDF%20Mod/Slide5.pngUnfortunately, you won't be able to put multiple formatting options into the same text box. So if you want your name to be bold and the rest of the info not, then you'll need to use 2 text boxes. To move the boxes, just drag them around. You can also change their sizes by clicking and dragging the dots on the box.Save the modified PDF. I usually save it with a new name so that I still have the original on my system.http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/PDF%20Mod/Slide6.pngThat's all there is to it! Send the modified PDF to hosts, etc. It also makes it a lot easier to prep specials/OOFs for host packs.You must tell your host to select Document and Markups if they're printing from Acrobat Reader. I have version 8 of Acrobat Reader, and on the print window, there's a little pull-down labeled Comments and Forms. That should have "Document and Markups" selected (the default is just Document).http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb315/chefann1138/PDF%20Mod/Slide1-1.pngAnd I apologize for the color. I didn't realize until I looked at the preview of this thread that the March Guest flyer was the same color (background) as the post area here. ;)ETA: added additional info to tell the host to get the added notes to print from Acrobat Reader.

Last edited:
Wow Ann! That's was fantastic! Thanks so much for the great step by step. Loved it! :) I need to save these instructions! :)

ANN!!! God bless you!! I did NOT know that you could do that with Preview!! Thanks for the great visual aids too! :)

Thanks, Ann! I'd been doing it the long-winded way instead. Dragging the .pdf into Pages, then adding a textbox, then re-saving as another .pdf. You're the best!

OMG Ann you're amazing - can you show us Microsoft people how to do it?

dannyzmom said:

Buy a Mac? *hah* just kidding. :)

Oops- almost forgot (and I'll add this to the instructions above, in case anyone prints those out as a guide). You must tell your host to select Document and Markups if they're printing from Acrobat Reader. I have version 8 of Acrobat Reader, and on the print window, there's a little pull-down labeled Comments and Forms. That should have "Document and Markups" selected (the default is just Document).

dannyzmom said:

Get a Mac, or buy the full version of Acrobat (several hundred dollars). ;)

You could use some of the online PDF converters that convert PDFs to Word documents. Then open the document, add your info, and use Primo PDF to save it again as a PDF. But I've found that the online converters don't always do it accurately.

chefann said:
Get a Mac, or buy the full version of Acrobat (several hundred dollars). ;)

You could use some of the online PDF converters that convert PDFs to Word documents. Then open the document, add your info, and use Primo PDF to save it again as a PDF. But I've found that the online converters don't always do it accurately.

Primo PDF is what I have been using. I was hoping there was an easier way.

dannyzmom said:
Primo PDF is what I have been using. I was hoping there was an easier way.

I use PDFescape.com. It essentially works the same way as what Ann shows that Preview does. I upload the PDF, add a text box, and then download and save the new version. I also don't have to worry about the markup stuff.

www.pdfescape.com

Ann, I'm having trouble trying to do this. I brought up the file in Preview and annotate wasn't shown there. I had to customize my toolbar and bring the annotate button to it. But, there aren't any icons on the bottom of my screen like it shows in your pictures there. I clicked back on customize and also looked a the view options and couldn't figure out how to get those things to show up. Is there a particular mode I'm supposed to be in? Is this making any sense? :D

Sweet, thanks! I'm new to using Mac and trying to find my way around.

babywings76 said:
Ann, I'm having trouble trying to do this. I brought up the file in Preview and annotate wasn't shown there. I had to customize my toolbar and bring the annotate button to it. But, there aren't any icons on the bottom of my screen like it shows in your pictures there. I clicked back on customize and also looked a the view options and couldn't figure out how to get those things to show up. Is there a particular mode I'm supposed to be in? Is this making any sense? :D

The text annotation was an addition to Preview with a recent update to the OS. Are you using Snow Leopard (OS 10.6)? I don't think that earlier versions have this functionality.

Mine is Mac OS X version 10.5.8

1. How do I access the monthly flyers from home as a Mac user?

To access the monthly flyers from home, you will need to log in to your Pampered Chef account on the website. Once logged in, go to the “My Business” tab and select “Documents” from the dropdown menu. From there, you can navigate to the “Monthly Flyers” section and download the flyers to your Mac.

2. Can I modify the monthly flyers on my Mac?

Yes, you can modify the monthly flyers on your Mac using a program like Adobe Acrobat or Preview. Simply open the downloaded flyer in one of these programs and make any necessary changes before saving the file.

3. I am having trouble opening the monthly flyers on my Mac. What should I do?

If you are having trouble opening the monthly flyers on your Mac, try clearing your browser’s cache and cookies. You can also try using a different internet browser or updating your current browser to the latest version.

4. How do I add my own images or text to the monthly flyers on my Mac?

To add your own images or text to the monthly flyers on your Mac, you will need to use a program like Adobe Acrobat or Preview. Open the flyer in one of these programs and use the editing tools to add your desired content. Make sure to save the file before printing or sharing.

5. Can I print the monthly flyers directly from my Mac?

Yes, you can print the monthly flyers directly from your Mac. Once you have downloaded and modified the flyer, simply select the “Print” option from the file menu. Make sure to adjust the print settings as needed before printing.

Back