• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

For all of you "word nerds"....

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I saw this site mentioned on Pioneer Woman's site today.

FreeRice

You take a vocabulary quiz, and for each correct answer you get, they will donate 10 grains of rice. The nice thing is, as you take the quiz, if you get incorrect answers, they show you the correct one. Then later, they'll give you that word again. So pay attention! You might be able to get it right again later!

PW's site gives more info...or of course, the site directly. :) They have several subjects you can take- math, geography, language, etc.

Last edited:

pampchefsarah

Gold Member
Mar 24, 2008
Thanks, Bobbi! I'd forgotten all about this site. It's so much fun.

esavvymom

Legend Member
Staff member
Sep 8, 2008
I know. I've been testing myself the last 40 minutes...Did pretty good on the World Capitals and Map! I was surprised (especially since so much geography has changed since I was in school! :D)

susanr613

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2007
OM this is too addicting! I tore through vocab and now I'm making my way thru art. All those visits to the Philly Museum of Art with my artist mom are paying off...700 grains of rice in 10 mins

Thanks for sharing the site!

leftymac

Veteran Member
Jan 23, 2008
I do this with my students for French. :)

BlueMoon

Advanced Member
Apr 30, 2010
I love FreeRice, we all do it at work when it is slow (hasn't been recently) It's fun to try the languages you don't know, too!
Marghi

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views
CookinWithLynda
Replies
Views
stephaniekocala
Replies