• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Discovering Favorite Foods: A Journey Through Tastebuds

I won't be trying it. 12. Do any foods remind you of someone? I think of my dad a lot when I eat oranges. He loves oranges. 13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? I don't really have any weird food habits. 14. What was your favourite food as a child? I loved Double Mushroom Pizza. 15. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? I used to love Hot Dogs, but I don't anymore because I'm pregnant and don't have the energy to eat them. 16. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: I love all fruits, but my favorite is probably a ripe peach. I
ChefBeckyD
Gold Member
1. How do you like your eggs? Over Easy OR as a Spinach/Swiss/Mushroom Omelet

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Hot - nothing added

3. Favourite breakfast food? Pancakes from Darrows in Mackinaw City, or The Tree Huggers Special w/ a side of Guacamole from Morningstar Cafe in Grand Haven

4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? SMOOTH, Baby!

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? French and Blue Cheese on the side, unless I'm feeling like a Caesar Salad...then Caesar on the side...unless I'm feeling like a Greek Salad, and then Greek dressing, on the side...

6. Coke or Pepsi? Neither - I like Root Beer, or Orange Pop!

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Spinach/Cheese Ravioli OR PB&J

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Spinach Alfredo Deluxe from Papa Johns.

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Any number of things - homemade soups and breads, Lasagna, trying new recipes....

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Many foods - but one of my favorite smells is the smell of onions, celery, and butter cooking together in turkey stock, in preparation for making stuffing for the Thanksgiving turkey.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? Raspberry flavored cakes type desserts remind me of the time I ate a piece of raspberry bundt cake, and then got sick and threw up. I was probably 8 yrs old...and it's still there in my mind!

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Whenever I eat a rice crispie treat, I think of my younger brother Rod, who died in a car accident when he was 18. They were his very favorite food.

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Refuse? Well, I wouldn't eat most of the stuff that Andrew Zimmerman eats on his weird foods show.:yuck:
14. What was your favourite food as a child? Even as a child, I was a Foodie - I had many favorite foods! As a teenager - Double Mushroom Pizza, and Big Macs!

16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? Hot Dogs

17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: Fruit – Like them all, except raisins....I especially love fresh berries and peaches, warm from the sun.
Vegetable - Really - I like them all, except green peppers. Again, I LOVE fresh, just picked sweet corn, and tomatoes, still warm from the sun.

18. Favourite junk food: BBQ Potato Chips

19. Favourite between-meal snack: Cheese sticks, and Nuts!

20. Do you have any weird food habits? My DH thinks it's weird that I love leftovers for breakfast.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? It's all about Lifestyle changes - not dieting!

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? See #21

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? One Pepper please. (Mild)

24. Can I get you a drink? Strong, Smooth, Hot Coffee!

25. Red or White Wine? White

26. Favourite dessert? Mexican Flan

27. The perfect nightcap? A cup of Sleepytime Tea.

What fun!1. How do you like your eggs? Scrambled, dry. I know that's not the "right" way, but that's the only way I like them.2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Hot, cold, black, sweet, light, flavored--you name it. I'm a coffee and tea lover. 3. Favorite breakfast food? I love breakfast. Some days are cereal days (Kashi is my friend). Some days are eggs and toast days. Some days are oatmeal or other hot cereal days. 4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? SMOOTH, Baby!5. What kind of dressing on your salad? If there's cheese in the salad I like French dressing on the side. If there isn't, I like most vinaigrettes.
6. Coke or Pepsi? Diet whatever you've got. I'd prefer soda water, though. 7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Some version of Lemon Chicken and either rice (white, brown, or usually Royal Blend) or baked potatoes.
8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Pepperoni with extra tomato sauce on the side if The Furry Guy is sharing. If not, light tomato paste with pepperoni, crumbly sausage (I don't care for the chunky stuff), onions, green peppers, and diced tomatoes. 9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Who knows. I love to cook and love to experiment in the kitchen. 10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Cherry Delight. It's the only reason a couple of my cousins and I kept going to family get-togethers in our teens.11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? Meatloaf. I once threw up while trying to choke it down as a kid. It's a texture thing. And, no, your meatloaf recipe won't make a difference. 12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Cheesecake reminds me of my buddy. She loved cheesecake. Good coffee makes me think of my baby boy.13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Several. As weird as my food choices are, I'm actually a fairly picky eater. I don't eat organ meats (liver, heart, brains) or tongue. I'm willing to try most things, though.14. What was your favorite food as a child? I can't really remember a favorite food as a kid. My mom wasn't a good cook. Tacos, maybe?
16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? Mustard sandwiches. It's a really long story. 17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: Fruit – I love pretty much all fruits. I enjoy trying new ones from all over. Vegetables are another story. I like lots of them raw, but I'm not a big cooked vegetable fan. Thankfully raw are good for me. :)18. Favorite junk food: Depends on my mood. Sometimes it's ice cream. Sometimes it's chips with dip. 19. Favourite between-meal snack: Cheese, fruit, raw nuts.20. Do you have any weird food habits? Habits? Not that I'm aware of. Well, I don't like my food to touch. Does that count?21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? I don't diet. I try my best to strike a balance with everyday foods, sometimes foods, and rare treats foods.22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? See #2123. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? I'm not a big Indian/Thai food fan, but I like somewhat spicy foods.24. Can I get you a drink? Soda water with lime, thanks. 25. Red or White Wine? Either. I enjoy a nice glass of wine. 26. Favorite dessert? Real Tiramisu (no offense to the Tiramisu Trifle from PC).27. The perfect nightcap? A cup of chamomile tea.

Way cool! I'm putting this on my facebook notes page!

1. How do you like your eggs? Over Easy OR as a Spinach/Cheddar/Mushroom Omelet

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Hot tea, with honey and lemon. Iced tea, Southern style

3. Favourite breakfast food? Chocolate

4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? Extra crunchy

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Extra chunky bleu cheese

6. Coke or Pepsi? Neither

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Nothing. If I'm feeling lazy, it's make your own or order out.

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Sausage & Pepperoni

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? So many different things. Cheesy Chicken Tortilla Soup is a favorite. Meatloaf. Steak and potatoes . . .

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? I haven't even seen it in years, but we used to drink Shasta's Chocolate Soda when we went on camping trips when I was a kid.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? No, not really.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? I wouldn't eat this, but my dad liked sandwhich of sliced red onion, mayonnaise, salt & pepper.

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Beets, and anything made with beets.

16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? Sardine sandwhiches (ok, my dad was a little wiered, but I really did like these as a kid).

17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: I'm allergic to melon, but like pretty much all fruit. See above about beets, but otherwise I like most veggies, too, except radishes and iceberg lettuce.

19. Favourite between-meal snack: Cheese, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, nuts

20. Do you have any weird food habits? I haven't done this in awhile, but one of my favorite beverages is a glass of half chocolate milk and half Coke.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? It's all about Lifestyle changes - not dieting!

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Not just spicy, but Thai spicy, thank you. No, really, waiter, I know what I'm saying, and that's what I want.

24. Can I get you a drink? Rarely, but if you do it'll be something like 7&7, Kahlua & Cream, Coke & Rum, Midori Sour (do you see the trend?)

25. Red or White Wine? YUCK!!

26. Favourite dessert? Mint chip ice cream with chocolate sauce and Sweet Mocha Sprinkles

27. The perfect nightcap? Chocolate Milk. If I'm feeling sick, and don't have to get up early, hot chocolate with a shot of brandy.

1. How do you like your eggs? scrambled or fried with the whites turning a pretty tan color.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? with sweet n low

3. Favourite breakfast food? I'm not much of a breakfast person, but I love fried eggs, hashbrowns, and bacon.

4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? neither, I do not like peanut butter

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? creamy garlic or ranch most of the time, but I like most.

6. Coke or Pepsi? Diet Mt. Dew

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Spaghetti

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Half taco half pepperoni

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? A new recipe of some sort.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? The smell of turkey, it reminds me of the Macy's Parade.

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? Not that I can think of.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? No

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? quite a few actually, but normally I'll atleast try something before refusing it.

14. What was your favourite food as a child? Ham

15. I think I deleted 15 oops! LOL

16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? Hot Dogs, although I do like them on occasion.

17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: Pears and peppers

18. Favourite junk food: as of lately it has been lays potato chips and cookies bbq sauce for dipping.

19. Favourite between-meal snack: cereal bars

20. Do you have any weird food habits? I put redhot on almost anything.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? I don't diet

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? I eat anything I want.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Love spicy, but I still want to be able to taste the food, not just the spice.

24. Can I get you a drink? Sure!!! I'll take an amaretto stone sour!

25. Red or White Wine? White

26. Favourite dessert? hmmmm.... probably a cheesecake.

27. The perfect nightcap? Blue Moon with slice of orange

edit* Oh good, no one has a 15 LOL I thought I deleted it!

1. How do you like your eggs? Scambled w/ green peppers, onions, & mozz. cheese

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Cream & Sugar in my coffee and sugar in my tea

3. Favourite breakfast food? Belgian Waffles w/ fresh maple syrup.. or a sausage, egg, pepper, onion, & hot sauce burrito

4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? smooth

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Light Ranch or Light Catalina & sometimes Balsamic Vinagerette

6. Coke or Pepsi? Neither - Diet Dr. Pepper

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? 4 Cheese Lean Pocket or I will just eat whatever my daughter is eating :)

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? If it's just me eating, Spinach & Feta from PJ's.. if it's for the family I get, pepperoni, green peppers, & banana peppers

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Whatever comes to mind in the morning.. It's usually hard to tell.

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Yes, many foods..

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? Tostito's personal pizzas.. I ate them all the time when I was younger, & now the thought of them turn my stomach. Bread from a little place called Bell's Market. I bit into a moldy piece of bread.. YUCK!

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Yes, most foods because I got the recipe from a friend or family member

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Seafood, I'm HIGHLY allergic. Also, veal & lamb

14. What was your favourite food as a child? Probably pepperoni rolls, although most people don't know what they are. It's a WV thing. & Daddy's fried chicken

16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? Not that I can think of

17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: Fruit - anything fresh! Vegi - peppers & onions

18. Favourite junk food: Chocolate cake w/ choclate icing

19. Favourite between-meal snack: Crackers

20. Do you have any weird food habits? Breakfast foods taste better for supper. I eat cookie dough ice cream very different, but I won't bore you w/ the details.. haha

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? I don't diet, I change the habits..

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? Everything I can!!!

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Mild

24. Can I get you a drink? Sweet Tea w/ no ice.. but if we're talking drink, then a Margarita made w/ Jose, or just a Bud Light/

25. Red or White Wine? If it's not Merlot, then white..

26. Favourite dessert? Chocolate Cake w/ Choc. Icing or Chocolate Cheese Cake

27. The perfect nightcap? Hot Chocolate w/ whip cream on top!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1. How do you like your eggs? Over medium or scrambled. If there is yolk involved, I have to have toast. I can't eat wet eggs.

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Hot Lipton tea, SWEET southern style

3. Favourite breakfast food? eggs and toast

4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? Jif Smooth

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? French or Ranch

6. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Grilled Cheese

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Sausage & Pepperoni, Mushroom

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? So many different things. Chicken Paprikash

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Mashed potatoes and gravy. Total comfort food from my parents house

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? No, not really.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? No

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? There's alot of things I won't eat. I'm pretty picky

16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? No, I'd say there's more I'll eat NOW, as opposed to things I didn't eat as a child.

17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: I like any fruit but pineapple. I don't like any vegegtable except green beans and corn

19. Favourite between-meal snack: cereal

20. Do you have any weird food habits? I eat chicken, mashed potatoes and corn w/ gravy all combined, like the bowls they have at KFC, except I've been doing it as a kid. Throw some stuffing in there and I"m in heaven...LOL

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Life cereal

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? everything else

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? I don't like Indian food, but I like my Mexican spicy

24. Can I get you a drink? I have an allergy to alcohol, so no thank you.

25. Red or White Wine? YUCK!!

26. Favourite dessert? Strawberry Shortcake

27. The perfect nightcap? Hot tea and my robe

1. How do you like your eggs? Over medium or soft-boiled (runny yolk, solid whites).

2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Extra strong with real cream (or 1/2 and 1/2). No flavorings.

3. Favorite breakfast food? Bagel and Lox

4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth Extra Crunchy!

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Ken's Lite Sweet Vidalia Onion Dressing

6. Coke or Pepsi? Diet coke with lime.

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Some kind of pasta

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Thin crust with sausage and cheese

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? Something new

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich...a childhood favorite

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? Cooked liver...have never been able to eat it, though my favorite foodie food is foi gras

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? Good n Plenty candy reminds me of my dad

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Cooked liver, crawfish, and kimchee

14. What was your favorite food as a child? My dad's bbq ribs

16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? Cotton Candy.

17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: Raspberries and sweet potatos

18. Favorite junk food: Hagan Daas Ice Cream

19. Favourite between-meal snack: Almonds.

20. Do you have any weird food habits? Not yet

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Fat free popcorn, almonds, fresh fruit.

22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? Hagan Daas Ice Cream[/I]

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? As spicy as they will make it for me.

24. Can I get you a drink? Kir Royal or Margarita

25. Red or White Wine? Red (Malbec is my current favorite), but also like whites

26. Favorite dessert? Creme Brulee or a sundae made with vanilla ice cream, strawberries, grand marnier (sp?) and peppercorns (sounds weird, but it was amazing).

27. The perfect nightcap? Decaf coffee.

Chefstover2 said:
Way cool! I'm putting this on my facebook notes page!

What a great idea!:chef::D

1. How do you like your eggs? over hard or soft boiled
2. How do you take your coffee/tea? with Splenda and Fat Free 1/2 and 1/2

3. Favourite breakfast food? Bagel with cream cheese

4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? Crunchy (but usually have creamy in the house for the kids)

5. What kind of dressing on your salad? French and Blue Cheese on the side, unless I'm feeling like a Caesar Salad...then Caesar on the side...unless I'm feeling like a Greek Salad, and then Greek dressing, on the side... I am the same way (no bleu cheese, you can change that to Ranch! I do like balsamic vinagrette (sp?) and some Italian dressings.

6. Coke or Pepsi? Pepsi, but I really don't drink soda that often.

7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Spaghetti with a jar of Ragu (and then I add my seasonings)

8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? 1/2 Pepperoni and 1/2 Cheese

9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? A new recipe!

10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Thanksgiving Dinner

11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? peach flavored oatmeal. I got sick to my stomach after eating this one time (might have just been a coincidence), and now I think about that everytime I smell it.

12. Do any foods remind you of someone? "Toast on the stove" (electric burner and hot chocolate makes me think of my grandmother and grandfather. She used to make it for me when I was preschool age. I have not had that in ages!!!

13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? Anchovies, oysters, Steamed Clams (used to love them, but now they make me sick). I am not sure if I would eat sushi or not.

14. What was your favourite food as a child? Pickles! (and still love them to this day)

16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? I don't think so.

17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: Fruit – fresh berries, Vegetable - Really - I like them all, but if I am not sure of an absolute favorite.

18. Favourite junk food: Ice Cream

19. Favourite between-meal snack: anything I can find in the pantry or refrigerator :)

20. Do you have any weird food habits? I don't think so, but when I was younger, I liked eating potato chips with ketchup on them. wouldn't catch me doing that today, though.

21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? It's all about Lifestyle changes - not dieting! I agree. I do try to consume more fruits and vegetables, and also watch my portions on the other foods.

23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? Haven't had it in a while, but I would probably say medium.

24. Can I get you a drink? Well, since I am pregnant, it would probably be decaf coffee or water (or sometimes I slip in a decaf sweet tea), but when not pregnant, I have the occassional Kahlua Sombrero, Daiquiris, or Pina Colada's. Oh wait a minute, I also like Pineapple juice with coconut rum, YUMMO!

25. Red or White Wine? I will pass, thanks!

26. Favourite dessert? Any!!! I think my all time favorite would be Cheesecake. (philly style, with a berry topping)

27. The perfect nightcap? A cup of coffee__________________

1. How do you like your eggs? Scrambled with salsa mixed in towards the end and cheddar cheese melted on top.2. How do you take your coffee/tea? Don't drink either one3. Favourite breakfast food? I usually eat cereal, but I love to make Banana Choc. Chip pancakes4. Peanut Butter: Crunchy or Smooth? smooth if I'm adding bananas to the sandwich, crunchy if it's w/ grape jam. Crunchy is good to dip chocolate bars into. ;)5. What kind of dressing on your salad? Ranch6. Coke or Pepsi? I used to like Coke, but it gives me headaches, so now I just drink water7. You’re feeling lazy, what do you make? Spaghetti or pizza8. You’re feeling really lazy. What kind of pizza do you order? Half sausage, peppers, and onion, half cheese (for the kids)9. You feel like cooking. What do you make? I'm always trying new recipes.10. Do any foods bring back good memories? Too many to mention. But I loved coming home from Church to my mom's pot roast ready to eat and the aroma filling the house.11. Do any foods bring back bad memories? First time I tried making homemade meatballs, I was pregnant with #2. Tasted okay, but literally 5 minutes after eating, it all came back up. It was years before I could ever eat a meatball again.12. Do any foods remind you of someone? nothing in particular comes to mind13. Is there a food you refuse to eat? mushrooms, seafood, peas14. What was your favourite food as a child? spaghetti16. Is there a food you liked as a child but now hate? spaghettio's17. Favorite fruit and favorite vegetable: Fruit- crisp apples, oranges, strawberries, fresh pineapple. Veggies: broccoli18. Favourite junk food: ice cream19. Favourite between-meal snack: left-over desserts (always seem to have a new PC dessert recipe on hand)20. Do you have any weird food habits? hmm, can't really think of one21. You’re on a diet. What food(s) do you fill up on? Feel full on a diet? That's rare. ;) I like to eat cheese sticks, fruit, handful of almonds22. You’re off your diet. Now what would you like? fresh baked goodies: bread w/ butter, chocolate cake, ice cream23. How spicy do you order Indian/Thai? never have ordered it before24. Can I get you a drink? I don't drink alcohol. Just milk or water, maybe a Sprite when I'm out.25. Red or White Wine? neither26. Favourite dessert? anything with chocolate and nuts27. The perfect nightcap? bowl of ice cream ;) tonight it's Tylenol Sinus and a glass of water.

1. What is "Discovering Favorite Foods: A Journey Through Tastebuds"?

"Discovering Favorite Foods: A Journey Through Tastebuds" is a cookbook created by Pampered Chef that features a variety of recipes from around the world. It also includes tips and tricks for discovering new flavors and expanding your palate.

2. Who is this cookbook suitable for?

This cookbook is suitable for anyone who loves to cook and is looking for new and exciting recipes to try. It is also great for those who want to expand their cooking skills and learn about different cuisines.

3. What types of recipes are included in this cookbook?

This cookbook includes a wide range of recipes from appetizers and main dishes to desserts and drinks. There are also vegetarian and gluten-free options available.

4. How can this cookbook help me discover new foods?

This cookbook includes recipes from different countries and cultures, as well as tips for exploring new flavors and ingredients. It encourages readers to step out of their comfort zone and try new things.

5. Where can I purchase "Discovering Favorite Foods: A Journey Through Tastebuds"?

You can purchase this cookbook through a Pampered Chef consultant or on the Pampered Chef website. It is also available at select retail stores that carry Pampered Chef products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• NewbyPChef
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • lesliec
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
Jennie4PC
  • emiscookin