• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Health Fair Opportunity: Seeking Ideas for 250 Food Samples

In summary, the table fee for the Health Fair is $95 and it is not worth it to provide food samples in exchange for the fee.
pkd09
Silver Member
I have an opportunity to do a Health Fair at the end of the month. The table fee is $95 (noon-4pm) which seems to be a bit high to me. I contacted the organizer and voiced my concern over the fee amount for an independent seller. She offered me the opportunity to supply 250 food samples in exchange for the $95 table fee. Any ideas on what I could do for 250 samples? Since it is a "health" fair, I was thinking of pineapple (pineapple wedger) for one.

It isn't worth it. You will need a food handling license which can cost up to $75 for a one day license...at least, that is the highest I have seen.

Honestly - drop it. Like Kate said the license it is not worth it. Personally, I don't think the $95 is either so...

Everyone's different. Without a guaranteed number of attendees (for, say, an event with reserved seating), I'd consider $95 more than I'd be willing to spend. As far as the food is concerned, in a lot of states you need a license to provide food to the public for an event like this.

Thank you all for your input. I was also feeling the same way but it is nice to have a great sounding board behind you. $95 was way to high and food for 250....!!!! I didn't think about the food license. Restaurants that will be there already have one.

On the plus side: I was looking at my calendar and that date in Feb. is open....double points (orders), family exposure.....FREE event (no entrance fee).....

on the negative side: $$$$ vs food.....only 2nd annual (first was low attendance).....organizer won't mention other business' signed up.....advertising seems a little lax.....

My gut is telling me to dump it

Last May I did a 2 day event at a major hotel in Lake Geneva. The organizers told all the vendors that they had major advertising out there. My mom and many friends live down there and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE EVER heard a word about the event at all! I paid $180 for both days. I did, get this, $214 in sales. That was it! That SAME weekend I did a table at a friend's churches Annual Flower Sale. It cost me nothing. I did $277 at that event! So... My odds have always been that the more it cost, the more I lost!

1. What type of food samples are you looking for?

We are open to a variety of food samples that promote health and wellness. This can include anything from fresh fruits and vegetables to healthy protein options such as lean meats or plant-based alternatives.

2. Are there any specific dietary restrictions or allergies to consider?

We want to make sure that all of our samples are inclusive and safe for everyone to try. Please let us know if your sample contains any common allergens such as nuts, gluten, dairy, etc. or if it caters to a specific dietary restriction such as vegan, vegetarian, or gluten-free.

3. How many samples do you need and what is the serving size?

We are seeking 250 food samples, and the serving size should be small enough for attendees to try multiple samples without feeling too full. We recommend bite-sized portions or samples that can be cut into smaller pieces.

4. Will there be any cooking or preparation facilities available?

Unfortunately, we will not have access to cooking or preparation facilities at the health fair. Please keep this in mind when choosing your food sample and make sure it is something that can be easily transported and served without the need for cooking or heating.

5. When do you need the food samples by?

We kindly request that all food samples be submitted at least 2 days before the health fair to allow time for proper storage and preparation. This will also ensure that your sample is included in the event program and other promotional materials.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
ButterflyVioletta
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Back