• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food vs Fee

pkd09

Future Director
Silver Member
Feb 20, 2006
I have an opportunity to do a Health Fair at the end of the month. The table fee is $95 (noon-4pm) which seems to be a bit high to me. I contacted the organizer and voiced my concern over the fee amount for an independent seller. She offered me the opportunity to supply 250 food samples in exchange for the $95 table fee. Any ideas on what I could do for 250 samples? Since it is a "health" fair, I was thinking of pineapple (pineapple wedger) for one.

cmdtrgd

Legacy Member
Gold Member
Mar 12, 2006
It isn't worth it. You will need a food handling license which can cost up to $75 for a one day license...at least, that is the highest I have seen.

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Honestly - drop it. Like Kate said the license it is not worth it. Personally, I don't think the $95 is either so...

raebates

Legend Member
Staff member
Dec 6, 2005
Everyone's different. Without a guaranteed number of attendees (for, say, an event with reserved seating), I'd consider $95 more than I'd be willing to spend.

As far as the food is concerned, in a lot of states you need a license to provide food to the public for an event like this.

pkd09

Future Director
Silver Member
Feb 20, 2006
Thank you all for your input. I was also feeling the same way but it is nice to have a great sounding board behind you. $95 was way to high and food for 250....!!!! I didn't think about the food license. Restaurants that will be there already have one.

On the plus side: I was looking at my calendar and that date in Feb. is open....double points (orders), family exposure.....FREE event (no entrance fee).....

on the negative side: $$$$ vs food.....only 2nd annual (first was low attendance).....organizer won't mention other business' signed up.....advertising seems a little lax.....

My gut is telling me to dump it

pampered1224

Legacy Member
Silver Member
Apr 13, 2004
Last May I did a 2 day event at a major hotel in Lake Geneva. The organizers told all the vendors that they had major advertising out there. My mom and many friends live down there and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE EVER heard a word about the event at all! I paid $180 for both days. I did, get this, $214 in sales. That was it! That SAME weekend I did a table at a friend's churches Annual Flower Sale. It cost me nothing. I did $277 at that event! So... My odds have always been that the more it cost, the more I lost!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
esavvymom
Replies
Views
lt1jane
Replies
Views
ShorelineChef
Replies
Views