• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Say Goodbye to Sticking Food with Santuko Knives - Tips and Solutions

In summary, when using a Santuko knife, it is important to keep it sharp, use gentle pressure while cutting, and consider the type of food and cutting board being used. It is recommended to sharpen the knife every 3-6 months and to use a specific technique, such as holding the knife at an angle and using a rocking motion, to prevent food from sticking.
ktate
Silver Member
I have a customer that is complaining that food is sticking to her Santuko knife. I have had similiar problems. I thought the indentions were to keep food from sticking to it. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas?

They don't completely keep food from sticking - they reduce drag when cutting. Some items will still have a tendency to cling to the blade. It's normal.

i have to tell you the other day when i was cutting potatoes and they were sticking i didn't mind. it was easier to transfer them to the mixing bowl. LOL

Like Ann said, the granton edges reduce "sticking" but don't eliminate it.

But there's another important factor to take into account, and that's cutting technique. When slicing/cutting with knives, a lot of people tend to cut straight down. This places unnecessary strain on the knife's blade and on the user's arm. Instead of pushing down with your knife, try pushing the blade forward when you slice (kind of like a sawing motion).

As the knife is being dragged through the food being sliced, those indentations in the edge will create little air pockets that will push slightly against the food and help it to release much more easily.

HTH!

Thank you ladies. This will help to explain.:)

1. Why is my food sticking to the Santuko knife?

There could be a few reasons why your food is sticking to the Santuko knife. One possibility is that the knife is not sharp enough. A dull knife can cause food to tear and stick to the blade. Another reason could be that you are using too much pressure while cutting, causing the food to get crushed and stick to the knife. Lastly, the type of food you are cutting could also be a factor, as some foods are naturally stickier than others.

2. How can I prevent food from sticking to my Santuko knife?

To prevent food from sticking to your Santuko knife, make sure to keep it sharp. You can use a honing steel or a knife sharpener to maintain the sharpness of the blade. Additionally, try using a light, swift motion while cutting instead of pressing down on the food. This will help prevent the food from getting crushed and sticking to the knife.

3. Can the type of cutting board affect food sticking to the Santuko knife?

Yes, the type of cutting board can have an impact on how much food sticks to the Santuko knife. A wooden or bamboo cutting board is recommended as they are less likely to create friction with the blade, reducing the chances of food sticking. Plastic cutting boards can create more friction and cause food to stick to the knife.

4. How often should I sharpen my Santuko knife?

It is recommended to sharpen your Santuko knife every 3-6 months, depending on how often you use it. If you notice that the knife is not cutting through food smoothly or is causing food to stick, it may be time to sharpen it. Regular maintenance of your knife will help keep it sharp and prevent food from sticking.

5. Is there a specific technique I should use when cutting with a Santuko knife?

Yes, there is a specific technique that can help prevent food from sticking to your Santuko knife. Hold the knife at a slight angle, with the tip touching the cutting board and the handle raised. This allows for a smooth, gliding motion while cutting. Also, try to use a back and forth rocking motion instead of a straight up and down motion. This will help prevent the food from sticking to the blade.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• robinlkoch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
missyciccolella
  • mrssyvo
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • Shari in TX