• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Valentine's Day Food Plans: What's on Your Menu?

In summary, Heidi is preparing her family's favorite meal, her husband is working late, and she is preparing a small gift for her husband.
esavvymom
Staff member
We are a bunch of "foodies" here, so I was curious what Valentine plans you had? Going out, making something at home? JUST the food plans .... ;)

We are doing fondue tonight! My kids said "fun what??".
Beef broth, oil, and chocolate.

And after checking websites, they all mentioned putting out different sauces, which I wouldnt have thought of. (I never said I was a GOOD foodie!). But i have a bunch of our sauces in the fridge that will be perfect.

Chicken breast stuffed with herbed ricotta/wrapped in procuitto (seared then baked) - basic peas and parm risotto
and a ceaser salad.

Hubby is in charge of finding dessert. :)

It's a racher ray recipe.. so it's fast.

love the fondue idea!!!

sadly, boxed mac and cheese.... we don't celebrate Valentine's day for some reason... I think it's cause my hubby is too lazy to go buy a card :)

In a perfect world, I would make beef toranados with twice baked poatoes and garlic butter broccoli.... and chocolate pillows with raspberry puree for dessert.

Alas, a gal will dream about a bloddy good steak.

We always stay in and cook. It is too too hectic to try and go out. And with four kids... it's not worth the hassle. The good news is that we always grill steaks. Yumm! So fillet, baked potatoes and salad. mmm

We went out last weekend for our Date Night.

Tonight, I cook for both my Valentines - the Big one and the Little one. :love:

I'm making their favorite dinner.

Lobster Mornay Sauce over Linguine Pasta, and Roasted Brussel Sprouts
For dessert, I'm using my new mini pie pans, and making their favorite pies. Hubby gets Apple Pie, and my little guy is getting a Blueberry Pie. (I'm making 3 of each.)

My husband has to work until 6pm today. So no going out for us. So I am making him Chicken Cordon Bleu. I call it my family's love food. Everyone of my siblings who made this as the first meal that they cooked for someone has married that person. SO..I was no different and he loves it..so I figured it would be good for Valentine's Day.

chefheidi2003 said:
My husband has to work until 6pm today. So no going out for us. So I am making him Chicken Cordon Bleu. I call it my family's love food. Everyone of my siblings who made this as the first meal that they cooked for someone has married that person. SO..I was no different and he loves it..so I figured it would be good for Valentine's Day.

That's a great story/tradition, Heidi!

Bobbi, the sauces are perfect for fondue!

No significant other but I'm making Cougar Gold Potato Cheese Soup. To go with it, I'm making the Artisan Bread in the DCB - I added some of the Rosemary Herb seasoning to the dough before rising so we'll see how that works out. I've got a friend in town as well so we'll enjoy it at home!

My days of fancy steak for v-day are over! LOL W/ 3 small kids our menu is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, either steamed broccoli or green beans, and garlic bitesFor dessert DS and I are making a batch of heart shaped rice krispie treats today and rocky road brownies!

No big plans here. Hubby's on the other side of the world so I'm taking the kids to one of their favorite places to eat (Taco Bueno) so they can get their "chips & cheese" (nachos). LOLI need to run by & pick up more cold medicine for them so I'll probably let them pick up a treat while we are at the store.

My daughter really does have a 6th sense. Just as I was hitting the submit button that last post, she asked if I was going to get her a sucker after lunch. LOL She can't read & was on the back side of the laptop. No way that she "read" what I was typing.

We usually go out to dinner each year on that weekend. I expected that this Valentines day would be cancelled due to calving (we have 200 cows having calves right now). Things have been highly stressful around here lately (family farm and parents who need to be doing less but don't want to). I figured I wouldn't make a big deal of it. Two weeks ago I got myself flowers (hubby and I have a joke that I get the flowers and he buys them). Yesterday he tells me that he snuck my favorite vase (antique) to the florist and I would be getting a call to pick it up, then he asked where we were going out to dinner (locally which is rural but still have a few choices). I was blown away. He claims he even signed a card for me. This would be the most romantic Valentines day ever if it works out (after 20 yrs together- 18 married). I am hopeful! I am planning on making him a, from scratch, rum cake today (one of his favorites).

We do not celebrate valentine's day for the sheer purpose of not contributing to the rediculousness of a made up holiday (no matter what TKG says!;))

Everyday is "Valentine's Day" in our house!

As for dinner plans, hubby's on his way home from the dentist right now with a temporary crown, so nothing to difficult to eat. Stouffer's Mac N Cheese and PC pulled pork bbq for us. In our house this meal says "love" every time I make it!:love:

We usually don't do a whole lot for Valentines, so I am actually doing a booth (just 1.5 hours) at a Women's heart healthy expo. Will probably do something really quick for dinner. I did make my hubby breakfast in bed and put a few candy hearts on his plate, and will make chocolate covered strawberries for him and the kiddos.

pchockeymom said:
We do not celebrate valentine's day for the sheer purpose of not contributing to the rediculousness of a made up holiday (no matter what TKG says!;))

Everyday is "Valentine's Day" in our house!

As for dinner plans, hubby's on his way home from the dentist right now with a temporary crown, so nothing to difficult to eat. Stouffer's Mac N Cheese and PC pulled pork bbq for us. In our house this meal says "love" every time I make it!:love:

Haha! It will probably be Stouffer's lasagna here :). I have to be out the door shortly after 4 so hubby will have to be the "cook" (which he is not).

We are actually having to stay in tonight so I decided on Thick Cut Pork Chops, brined then either grilled or Pan seared and baked as it is cold out there! (and I left my Grill pan at my last party!) Then I am doing a twice baked potato with cheddar and bacon as I do not like pork gravy at all and I need a veggie yet but I have to see what I have in the freezer right now. No money for groceries so I am stuck with what I have at home. Either way, I am not letting the day go by without doing something a little special. Especially since we both need a boost in moods!

we're celebrating this weekend... We have tickets to see George Strait and Martina McBride in St Louis so we are both taking a 1/2 day off on Friday and driving up and getting a hotel for the weekend. I agree that EVERY day is Valentine's Day at my house!

pckellyd said:
My days of fancy steak for v-day are over! LOL W/ 3 small kids our menu is meatloaf, mashed potatoes, either steamed broccoli or green beans, and garlic bites

For dessert DS and I are making a batch of heart shaped rice krispie treats today and rocky road brownies!

My mom always used to make heart-shaped meatloaf on Valentines Day. I would do that too, but I wasn't thinking ahead and made meatloaf last Saturday. Oh well. We might try and go out for an early dinner...try and avoid the crowds.

I'm going to make these for dinner: Lasagna Cups

Then for dessert, I'm making a heart shaped cake from a Strawberry Cake box mix, with cream cheese frosting and red, pink, and white sprinkles or M&M's on top.

I'm actually going to be gone most of the evening with the kids at our church's youth group night and I'm supposed to bring a treat to that, so I don't know what I'm taking there yet.

Attachments

• lasagna-cups.jpg
    lasagna-cups.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 566
Well darn, somehow I didn't catch that I needed a jumbo muffin tin for those. Maybe I'll just do Skillet Lasagna from the 29 Min. to Dinner cookbook instead.

Hubby is bringing home Chinese food tonight.

Sheila said:
My daughter really does have a 6th sense. Just as I was hitting the submit button that last post, she asked if I was going to get her a sucker after lunch. LOL She can't read & was on the back side of the laptop. No way that she "read" what I was typing.

YET!! Watch her teach herself! They are so smart these days...

I had a show to finish up tonight. The host said "I'll be at the VFW tonight--it's 50 cent wings tonight!" Soooo, I took my hubby to the VFW, finished the show, had some wings and beer and called it a night! After 34 years, he's still in love me where ever we are! We had a great time!!!

lt1jane said:
YET!! Watch her teach herself! They are so smart these days...

She got her sucker too! I ended up running by the bank & of course she got one there. Go check out the sucker photo on my FB page. You'll laugh! :D

Oil fondue isn't easy- and very messy! Just did a few things, then turned it off. But we LOVED the Beef Broth Fondue - with thin strips of ribeye and filet mignon- HEAVENLY good. The chocolate fondue had my kids drooling and "saving room". :) We had leftover meat/broth and fruit/cake/chocolate...so we'll probably do it again tomorrow. Yum.My DH and kids got me some M&M's with my boys faces printed on them (pretty cool). I told my 8-yr old tonight when he went to bed that I would enjoy "eating his face"...he wimpered and covered his face with the pillow. *buuahahahaha*

Brenda.the.chef said:
we're celebrating this weekend... We have tickets to see George Strait and Martina McBride in St Louis so we are both taking a 1/2 day off on Friday and driving up and getting a hotel for the weekend. I agree that EVERY day is Valentine's Day at my house!

Have fun Brenda! We're going to George/Martina in Wichita Saturday night are also making a date weekend out of it! I grilled steaks, baked potatoes, asparagus and made a nice salad for my guys tonight.

Not the most elaborate of meals, but I made the spinach & cheese stuffed manicotti in the DCB and then a red velvet lava cake in the SRB. The idea was to have a great meal that would be quick for me to put together after dinner, but still feel special.

...It was a great "idea" (and Dear God, I'm so thankful I didn't try to go elaborate) until my 3 year old son moseyed into the living room and started throwing up... three different spots on the carpet, and once in the general direction of the toilet. Of course I wasn't done stuffing manicotti... (sigh) So I started cleaning up the tile and toilet and threw the kid in a bath while the hubby got out the Little Green Machine and went to work on the carpet. He then finished bathing the kid while I finished prepping the manicotti (and took some swigs of the glass of wine he had poured me just before "the incident").

Dinner turned out OK, I could have microwaved it a bit longer to get the noodles more tender. The lava cake "erupted" out of the SRB and spilled out into the microwave. But both dishes were edible, satisfying, and still tasted good.

The child is now snug in his bed and I'm feeling more relaxed (the wine helps). Valentine's day certainly could have been more perfect--with no barf, a perfectly cooked meal and a clean cake. But this is pretty much the story of our lives though...Life has never been perfect for us, but we work together, get through it, and still love each other in the end. :)

I'm sorry that happened to you! Been there done that! The joy of having LITTLE ones who don't yet recognize those "feelings" yet. I hope you get some sleep tonight though.

Sorry you had to deal with a sick one at all! But especially on Valentine's Day. :(

wow...ok...here goes...don't all you be jealous out there lol...BUUUUUTTT
my boys wanted hot dogs...so they got hot dogs and whoopie pies for dessert

i didn't feel like cooking, so BF and i ordered cheese sticks and the new Parmesan Bites from Dominos..

and i had left over Sweet Tea from McDonalds...

like i said, don't be jealous of our very romantic valentine dinner LOL
:yuck:

Dumb question - where do i find the recipe for the lasagna cups?

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• wadesgirl
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • esavvymom
  • General Chat
Replies
Views
pampered1224
  • janetupnorth