• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Vendor Fair: Is Food Necessary?

In summary, it is not necessary to provide food at your vendor fair booth, but it can be a nice touch to attract potential customers. However, there is no guarantee that providing food will increase sales. If you do choose to offer food, make sure it aligns with your brand and is easy to eat while browsing. Finger foods and samples are popular options. It is important to check with event organizers for any necessary food permits and to be mindful of food allergies and dietary restrictions of attendees.
dkitten13
I have a vendor fair on Saturday (not too big) and my question is should I bother to have any sort of food? I have learned not to do too much as it never seems to make a difference so I don't want to kill myself to make something if no one thinks its worth it.

Thanks!

I've found that having food doesn't necessarily increase sales. People just treat the booth as a snack buffet. :grumpy: If you feel the need to have something, make it something simple that we actually sell - sauces or dipping oils. I have had decent success selling those (cash and carry) when I had samples of them out. Even better, it takes very little prep time and is not expensive.Also, check with the organizer if it's OK to have samples. If it's in someone's home, you'll be OK. But if it's in public, you may not be able to have samples because of health code regulations.

I would say no food. Many places will not let you have food at your booth because of health department rules (at least that is true in Michigan).

Keep it simple, smile and have fun.

I never bother with food. If they'll only stop for food, I don't want them in my booth. I have no problem keeping busy. Plus, I have a general ick factor for food that's been sitting out and touched, breathed on...whatever by other people, esp this time of year. I would love them to taste the sauces though. Yum...

Thanks guys! Like I said the less I prep the better off I tend to do!

1. Do I need to provide food at my vendor fair booth?

No, it is not necessary to provide food at your vendor fair booth. However, it can be a nice touch and can attract potential customers. If you do decide to offer food, make sure it aligns with your brand and is easy to eat while browsing.

2. Will providing food increase my sales at the vendor fair?

There is no guarantee that providing food will increase your sales at the vendor fair. While it may attract more people to your booth, it ultimately depends on the quality and appeal of your products. It's important to have a well-organized and visually appealing booth to catch the attention of potential customers.

3. What types of food should I offer at my vendor fair booth?

If you choose to offer food at your vendor fair booth, it's important to consider the event and your target audience. Finger foods, such as mini sandwiches or bite-sized desserts, are popular and easy to eat while browsing. You can also offer samples of your products that are quick and easy to prepare, such as dips or spreads.

4. Do I need to have a food permit to provide food at a vendor fair?

This depends on the location and regulations of the specific vendor fair. Some events may require vendors to have a food permit, while others may not. It's best to check with the event organizers beforehand to ensure you are following all necessary rules and regulations.

5. Are there any food restrictions or guidelines I should follow at the vendor fair?

It's important to be mindful of any food allergies or dietary restrictions that may be present among the attendees of the vendor fair. Consider offering options that cater to different dietary needs, such as gluten-free or vegan options. Additionally, make sure to properly label all food items and have hand sanitizer or wipes available for customers to use before handling food samples.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cathy Boucher
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Zsu
  • manderyoder
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
Chef Bobby
  • ChefJWarren