1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Food deduction

1. lauriedip

lauriedip Member

where do you guys put the food purchased for recipes to try out for deduction? what category?also HO makes us pay taxes on our free stuff, do we deduct what we bought with pc dollars too then?
    I know they also charge us for insurance ? do you deduct that.
    sorry, so many questions, newbie and have asked cluster many times to no avail
    thanks

Jan 13, 2010
  2. ChefBeckyD

ChefBeckyD Legend Member Gold Member

I have a category set up on P3 called Recipe Trial...

Can't remember where I put it when I do my taxes - I use Turbo Tax, and I know I put it under something different there, combined with other expenses...can't remember right now what the category is though.

Yes, deduct what you bought with PC $$, PC $ will be considered payment on your 1099, as will any product earned. When you get your 1099 from PC, it will probably help you see earnings a lot more clearly.

And yes, I do deduct my insurance.

HTH!

Jan 13, 2010
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

Ok- slightly different twist on the Food-Tax question.... I had an a 11th-hour cancellation, and I already had the food for her show. Can we still take a tax deduction on food purchased for a show- even if that show canceled? I had actually purchased the food TWICE for her- she did it to me twice in one month.

I think I ended up making the recipe and can probably call it "Recipe Trial"?

Feb 18, 2010
  4. gaddischef

gaddischef Member Gold Member

any PC recipe I make, for shows or home I deduct -- I call it practice, or recipe trial, for my shows....

Feb 19, 2010
Have something to add?