• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing My Dull Food Chopper Blades: A Dilemma Solved | Food Chopper K

In summary, the food chopper has a problem with the blades bending and dulling, and it is recommended that you contact HO to get a replacement.
Chozengirl
Gold Member
K, I have a dilema.
I bought a food chopper about 3-4 years ago from a show that I went to. So when I got my SS kit I didn't even bother using that one.
My gma was over one day when I got a shipment in, long story short, I gave her my old chopper.
So I used my new chopper about 3 weeks ago (I signed up in October) and noticed when I put it back together from washing it, that it didn't line up really well.
Anyways, after using it several times, unalined, I noticed the blades are bending and dulling, and what is happening is the blades are hitting the plastic. In turn bending my blades. I was wondering what the white plastic strips were in my food :eek:
What should I do?
Should I call HO and see what they will do?
It has been so long since I bought it.
HELP

Definitely contact HO. Especially sinc eit came in your Starter Kit they have you on file and theu will get you a replacement.

I had an Egg Slicer that did not slice and so I contacted them via email and will be getting replaced this coming week. They are good about it.

Good Luck!

You got it less than a year ago right?
Every product has at least a one year guarantee... no questions asked!
Contact HO... they'll gladly send you another one.

And the food choppers do that sometimes, mine did at first, and my mom's did... just make sure it's in correctly, and keep using it... soon it will become easier to put together... it is just new now.

LOVE THE FC!!
PC customer service is wonderful!

I found that once I washed that blade guard in the dishwasher it didn't line up easily anymore. You just have to work with it a bit, but it will pop on there.

For now, you should call HO. Explain that you use it for your parties and they will ship you a new one first and then you send the broken one back after that so you can still have one to use at your shows.

That is EXACTLY what was happening to my food chopper from my SS kit. I couldn't figure out why it was so hard for me to get it back together and I wouldn't show it at the shows for that reason. I finally e-mailed HO and they sent me a new one in the mail and then I just returned my old one in the same box once I got the new one!

I emailed HO yesterday. Couldn't find the number.
I hope I can get a new one, I have shows next month and LOVE the food chopper!
Thanks, and glad to hear I wasn't the only one!

HO number is 888-OUR-CHEF.

I broke mine. I called and they sent me a new one right away. I then sent back the broken one (as requested) in the box that the new one came in.

If you don't get a reply by Tuesday, give them a call. They will take care of you. Do not worry!

Got my new one today!!!
I wish I could keep the old one and use it as a demo.

1. How often should I sharpen my food chopper blades?

It is recommended to sharpen your food chopper blades every 6-12 months, depending on how frequently you use them. If you notice a decrease in performance or dullness in your chopper, it may be time to sharpen the blades.

2. Can I sharpen my food chopper blades myself?

Yes, you can sharpen your food chopper blades at home using a sharpening stone or a honing steel. However, if you are not confident in your sharpening skills, it is best to have a professional do it for you to avoid damaging the blades.

3. What causes food chopper blades to become dull?

Food chopper blades can become dull due to frequent use, improper cleaning, or cutting hard or frozen foods. It is important to clean and dry the blades thoroughly after each use and to avoid using them on hard or frozen items.

4. How do I know if my food chopper blades need to be replaced?

If your food chopper blades are visibly damaged or show signs of rust, it is time to replace them. Dull blades may also need to be replaced if sharpening does not improve their performance.

5. Are there any tips for maintaining sharp food chopper blades?

To maintain sharp blades, it is important to clean and dry them thoroughly after each use and to store them in a dry place. Avoid using them on hard or frozen items, and have them sharpened regularly to prolong their lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
  • cookingwithjennifer@gmail
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
cookingwithjennifer@gmail
  • mom4angela