• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Question about Pampered Chef Food Chopper: Is it Supposed to Do That?

In summary, the piece that covers the blade on the chopper falls off, and it is not easy to use because of it.
Polliewiggle
Hello,

I am a new consultant with PC and have a question about the Food Chopper. I understand that the chopper comes apart for cleaning but while I am demoing it and chopping in the lid and sleeve and then I go to pull the chopping part of it off the sleeve the piece that covers the blade always falls off and doesn't fit snuggly. Is this how it is suppose to be? Hopefully I have explained this well enough. But the piece with the 3 prongs does not fit snuggly so is always falling off and makes it look hard to use. :( Any suggestions?

That piece should fit snuggly when you have the clear collar on the food chopper. Is that part fitting correctly?

If I have the clear collar on it does fit snuggly. But once I take the collar off it falls off. Is that how it is suppose to be?

Let me make sure I'm understanding correctly - are you trying to chop with the collar off?

No...she's chopping with the lid/cover on, and then sounds like she's twisting the collar off- with the food still in it.The Blade Cover on mine would fall off too if you don't hold on to it. It just slides in there. So yes...at least the 3 FC's I've owned have always done that. It won't fall off if the collar is on though.You can also chop directly on the cutting board - not just in the lid. Either works. Just when you take the collar off when chopping in the lid, make sure to put a finger along the plastic of the blade guard until you can set it down.

Polliewiggle said:
If I have the clear collar on it does fit snuggly. But once I take the collar off it falls off. Is that how it is suppose to be?

Yes. The guard doesn't always stay put when the clear collar is off. When chopping the blade guard and the clear collar must stay on.

I often take the clear collar off after chopping into the lid and use it as a cup. You just have to tilt the chopper to keep the blade guard where it belongs until you can put it down. With practice you'll get it. Or just leave the clear collar on when done chopping and get the food out through the open end.

Sometimes when I chop nuts or chocolate with the cap on, when I'm done I want to just unscrew the top part and keep only the clear collar and lid there as a sort of cup. In those instances, yes my grey 3 pronged piece will want to drop down onto the collar. What I do is just use care when unscrewing and put my hand on it a little to keep it in place. Is that kind of what you mean?

Thank you all so much for the helpful advice! Yes, I was using the collar as a cup and chopping into it and then taking the top off so I will work on tilting the chopper or just taking the lid off and emptying it that way. You are all great and I am grateful to have all your expertise available to me!Enjoy your day!

Hahaha! In the time it took me to type that with my thumbs on my iPod, you got several more answers. :D

1. Is the Pampered Chef Food Chopper supposed to make a loud noise when in use?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Food Chopper is designed with sharp blades that may make a loud noise when chopping food. This is completely normal and does not affect the performance of the chopper.

2. Can the Pampered Chef Food Chopper be used to chop nuts or hard vegetables?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Food Chopper is designed to chop a variety of foods, including nuts and hard vegetables. However, it is recommended to cut larger foods into smaller pieces before placing them in the chopper for more efficient chopping.

3. How do I clean the Pampered Chef Food Chopper?

The Pampered Chef Food Chopper is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash it with warm soapy water for best results. Make sure to remove any food particles from the blades before washing. The blade cover can also be removed for easy cleaning.

4. Can the Pampered Chef Food Chopper be used for other tasks besides chopping?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Food Chopper can also be used for tasks such as mixing and blending. It is a versatile kitchen tool that can be used for a variety of food prep tasks.

5. Is the Pampered Chef Food Chopper durable?

Yes, the Pampered Chef Food Chopper is made with high-quality materials and is built to last. With proper care and use, it can withstand regular use in the kitchen for many years.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jane the PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
pcsharon1
  • GingerChef
  • Products and Tips
Replies