1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Food Chopper

1. Help!!
    A friend of a host told me her food chopper wasn't working. I told her to show it to me next time I saw her, and I would order the replacement part. She brings me this thing that slightly resembles the pampered chef food chopper, but dosen't say Pampered Chef anywhere on it. It has a label that says "ZYLIZZ" Switzerland. She insists that it was ordered from a PC party. I have only been doing Pampered Chef for 6 months. Could this be an earlier model??
    Thanks,
    Lisa

Feb 8, 2006
  2. jdavis

jdavis Veteran Member

I know that a few years ago or so the food chopper was redone and there used to be some kind of sharpener that you could use on the old one and I think that is the company that made them, but I don't know for sure, does she have her receipt still? What is it doing or not doing for that matter?

Feb 8, 2006
  3. That sounds like the discontinued model of the food chopper. She must have bought that quite a long time ago.

4. Fodd Chopper

It sticks. It really looks below Pampered Chef standards. The spring on the handle is exposed, the The clear food cup is "ribbed". I just don't want to hand it back to her and tell her she's crazy and it's not made by PC if it actually was. She doesn't have the receipt. I do want to tell her to try and find the person who sold it to her.
    Lisa

Feb 8, 2006
  5. Thanks,

At least now I can let her know that it is a discontinued model. I just didn't want to look like I didn't care. Maybe she'll buy a new one from me (I doubt it)
    Thanks again, I knew you guys could help me out! :)

Feb 8, 2006
  6. chef_leeanne

chef_leeanne Member Silver Member

Your customer is not trying to pull a fast one on you lisamommy! It really is a Pampered Chef Food Chopper! :D I have one. I've had mine for at least 9 if not 10 years. The spring squeeks when depressed, there is a clear plastic guard that puzzles over the zigzag of the blades, and it looks pretty archaic but it's the "real deal" !! ;)

Lee Anne

Feb 8, 2006
  7. Chef Kearns

Chef Kearns Legacy Member Gold Member

Lisa--Long before I found this resource I had a host pull one of those out of her cupboard and I told her that it was most definitely not a PC item. I said our stuff has The Pampered Chef written somewhere on it. At that time I was only doing PC for about 6 months. I don't know why I assumed I knew everything about the company after 6 months.

She will appreciate that you checked on it for her. I would offer her a 10% discount on a new one. I bet that would make her day!!

Feb 8, 2006
Have something to add?