• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Find a New Top for Your Older Food Chopper

In summary, my guest has an older food chopper and the top came off. There is no way to get a new top for the food chopper.
Jennie4PC
One of my guests has an older food chopper, she said she was using it the other night and the top came off, is there a way to get a new top for the food chopper? Like a website or something like that? It is older then the one I got in my kit 5 yrs ago so she has had it for awhile. She didnt seem happy when I told her she would have to replace it. She is having a show but it is more like a bridal shower for her soon to be DIL

First if she got it before 1999 then no she can not get a replacement part. If it is newer and the current style it depends what came off. I need a better description.

If she bought one from walmart and it broke, she'd have to get a new one. The one we have has been around quite awhile- so if she's OLDER than that, well. Too bad! :D *Sorry- can you tell I'm not in a "customer is always right" kind of mood* I think people mistakenly think everything we have has a life-time guarantee.

Our current model has been out for 10 years. I have the old model that I still use and when I started in 1999 the new FC was in my kit. So I would say she has gotten her moneys worth.

she thought we were like tupperware I guess if something breaks they have a replacement part for it. I know we have replacement parts but not for something that old

well wouldn't tupperware have to draw the line somewhere?? They can't possibly have things that are from decades ago do they?

You can always post a thread here for what you need....ISO. You never know what some consultants may have from years ago. There are several customers I have that are still using that model too. Our cluster is really good about "sharing" parts if they are not for sale anymore.

You can offer her 10-20% off a new one. She does need to be reasonable! If it's over 10 years old, she got her money's worth!

I was listening to a Booth Builds Business CD today and she mentioned that idea too- giving her customer the new item minus her commission- just in the name of customer service. Because she'll remember that and come back to you.

I had this problem before. If hers doesn't look like the new one, let her know that the new one has a warranty and try to talk her into purchasing a new one.

I am so glad I read this tonight :) I had a customer ask tell me at a party last night that her plastic collar to her chopper melted in the dishwasher. I asked how old it was and she said it's probably 6 years old. I was going to have to call HO on Monday (grrr) and ask when the food chopper style had changed because I didn't want to order her a part that might not work for her chopper. So now that I know that this one has been around that long I should be okay to order the part :) Thank you :)

Hola.....I have a client who states her food chopper blades are dull....is there a way to sharpen them or replace them?

Thanks all!

See if the old one is available here - my wife tells me it was a Zyliss item...http://zylissusa.com/Assets/Zyliss%20Replacement%20Parts%20Guide.pdfRegarding sharpening - I remember other consultants saying you chop could small balls of tin foil and accomplish sharpening, but it is not mentioned in the PIG. It does say 5 year guarantee.The blade portion of the chopper is not replaceable--time for a new one!

Thanks Scott! Will forward info to client. Appreciate the info and prompt reply! LOVE the site for older parts....tell your wife I say Thank You!

Laurie,
ask her what she chops on.
I had a customer who kept complaining found out she was chopping on a wooden cutting board. I tell them to purchase ours, chopping on a glass, wooden, acrylic cutting boards or Corian counters will ruin the blades

Teresa Lynn said:
Laurie,
I had a customer who kept complaining found out she was chopping on a wooden cutting board. I tell them to purchase ours, chopping on a glass, wooden, acrylic cutting boards or Corian counters will ruin the blades

You know, I didn't even stop to ask. Thanks Teresa....I will. I need to remember cross-selling!

I also heard that chopping ice will sharpen the blades.

Teresa Lynn said:
Laurie,

Just curious why you say wooden cutting boards will ruin the blade on a food chopper?

cooknmama said:
I also heard that chopping ice will sharpen the blades.

Someone posted before that is bad for the blades...and hard candy as well!

I've heard glass is bad for baldes but didn't know wood was. Hmmmm.

Wood isn't so much 'bad for the blades' as harbors bacteria - is porous.

Okay so I had to go surfing...

http://www.reluctantgourmet.com/cutting_board.htm

esavvymom said:
well wouldn't tupperware have to draw the line somewhere?? They can't possibly have things that are from decades ago do they?

They do... in a way. I have a bowl that the lid is broken on. I can't get a replacement lid for it. They no longer have a replacement for it.

Thanks for doing the research and for sharing with us! I'll be reading it later, and it will help me cross-sell those boards! Whoo Hoo! You have such a generous spirit!

1. How do I know which top will fit my older food chopper?

The best way to determine the right top for your older food chopper is to check the model number on the bottom of your chopper. Then, refer to our compatibility chart on our website to find the corresponding top for your chopper model.

2. Do you offer replacements for discontinued food chopper tops?

While we try to keep a stock of replacement parts for our products, we may not have replacements for all discontinued food chopper tops. Please contact our customer service team to see if we have a replacement available for your specific top.

3. Can I use a newer top on my older food chopper?

In most cases, newer tops are not compatible with older food choppers. We recommend using the corresponding top for your specific chopper model to ensure proper fit and functionality.

4. How often should I replace the top on my food chopper?

For best results, we recommend replacing your food chopper top every 2-3 years, or as needed if it becomes damaged or worn. This will ensure your chopper continues to provide efficient and effective food prep.

5. How do I clean my food chopper top?

To clean your food chopper top, remove it from the chopper and wash it in warm, soapy water. Dry thoroughly before reattaching to the chopper. Please note that some tops are dishwasher safe, but it's important to check the product manual for specific cleaning instructions.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
kam
  • cookinfletch
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
MissyPC
Replies