1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Sales Food Chopper ?

1. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

One of my guests has an older food chopper, she said she was using it the other night and the top came off, is there a way to get a new top for the food chopper? Like a website or something like that? It is older then the one I got in my kit 5 yrs ago so she has had it for awhile. She didnt seem happy when I told her she would have to replace it. She is having a show but it is more like a bridal shower for her soon to be DIL

Mar 20, 2009
  2. etteluap70PC

etteluap70PC Legacy Member Gold Member

First if she got it before 1999 then no she can not get a replacement part. If it is newer and the current style it depends what came off. I need a better description.

Mar 20, 2009
  3. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

If she bought one from walmart and it broke, she'd have to get a new one. The one we have has been around quite awhile- so if she's OLDER than that, well. Too bad! :D *Sorry- can you tell I'm not in a "customer is always right" kind of mood*

I think people mistakenly think everything we have has a life-time guarantee.

Mar 20, 2009
  4. crissy11

crissy11 Member Gold Member

Our current model has been out for 10 years. I have the old model that I still use and when I started in 1999 the new FC was in my kit. So I would say she has gotten her moneys worth.

Mar 20, 2009
  5. Jennie4PC

Jennie4PC Legacy Member

she thought we were like tupperware I guess if something breaks they have a replacement part for it. I know we have replacement parts but not for something that old

Mar 20, 2009
  6. esavvymom

well wouldn't tupperware have to draw the line somewhere?? They can't possibly have things that are from decades ago do they?

Mar 20, 2009
  7. lauradahl

lauradahl Member

You can always post a thread here for what you need....ISO. You never know what some consultants may have from years ago. There are several customers I have that are still using that model too. Our cluster is really good about "sharing" parts if they are not for sale anymore.

Mar 20, 2009
  8. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

You can offer her 10-20% off a new one. She does need to be reasonable! If it's over 10 years old, she got her money's worth!

Mar 20, 2009
  9. esavvymom

I was listening to a Booth Builds Business CD today and she mentioned that idea too- giving her customer the new item minus her commission- just in the name of customer service. Because she'll remember that and come back to you.

Mar 21, 2009
  10. krzymomof4

krzymomof4 Veteran Member Silver Member

I had this problem before. If hers doesn't look like the new one, let her know that the new one has a warranty and try to talk her into purchasing a new one.

Mar 21, 2009
  11. Fluffy215

Fluffy215 Member Gold Member

I am so glad I read this tonight :) I had a customer ask tell me at a party last night that her plastic collar to her chopper melted in the dishwasher. I asked how old it was and she said it's probably 6 years old. I was going to have to call HO on Monday (grrr) and ask when the food chopper style had changed because I didn't want to order her a part that might not work for her chopper. So now that I know that this one has been around that long I should be okay to order the part :) Thank you :)

Mar 21, 2009
  12. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

Hola.....I have a client who states her food chopper blades are dull....is there a way to sharpen them or replace them?

Thanks all!

13. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

See if the old one is available here - my wife tells me it was a Zyliss item...

http://zylissusa.com/Assets/Zyliss Replacement Parts Guide.pdf

Regarding sharpening - I remember other consultants saying you chop could small balls of tin foil and accomplish sharpening, but it is not mentioned in the PIG. It does say 5 year guarantee.

The blade portion of the chopper is not replaceable--time for a new one!

May 13, 2009
  14. Jolie_Paradoxe

Thanks Scott! Will forward info to client. Appreciate the info and prompt reply! LOVE the site for older parts....tell your wife I say Thank You!

15. Teresa Lynn

Teresa Lynn Legacy Member Gold Member

Laurie,
    ask her what she chops on.
    I had a customer who kept complaining found out she was chopping on a wooden cutting board. I tell them to purchase ours, chopping on a glass, wooden, acrylic cutting boards or Corian counters will ruin the blades

May 13, 2009
  16. Jolie_Paradoxe

You know, I didn't even stop to ask. Thanks Teresa....I will. I need to remember cross-selling!

17. I also heard that chopping ice will sharpen the blades.

May 13, 2009
  18. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Just curious why you say wooden cutting boards will ruin the blade on a food chopper?

19. pcchefjane

pcchefjane Senior Member Gold Member

Someone posted before that is bad for the blades...and hard candy as well!

May 13, 2009
  20. beepampered

beepampered Veteran Member

I've heard glass is bad for baldes but didn't know wood was. Hmmmm.

May 13, 2009
  21. scottcooks

scottcooks Veteran Member Gold Member

Wood isn't so much 'bad for the blades' as harbors bacteria - is porous.

May 13, 2009
  22. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

23. caraighan

caraighan Member Gold Member

They do... in a way. I have a bowl that the lid is broken on. I can't get a replacement lid for it. They no longer have a replacement for it.

May 14, 2009
  24. Jolie_Paradoxe

Thanks for doing the research and for sharing with us! I'll be reading it later, and it will help me cross-sell those boards! Whoo Hoo! You have such a generous spirit!

Have something to add?