• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Using a Food Chopper for Dicing Onions: What You Need to Know

In summary, this person recommends that the person who is asking about an onion dicer buy one themselves because it is better than using a food chopper. The person also recommends that the person chop onions on a cutting board to protect the blades because it will shorten the life of the onion dicer.
jcwarr
how do you describe to people who haven't seen it or used it? i have a client who asked me if we had an onion dicer and i told her that's what people use the food chopper for. then she asked me if you can put a whole large onion in it and chop - which i know you can't but just wanted some advice for how to respond to her.
thanks!
jen

Do you have a PWS that you could direct her to? Then she could go see it for herself. Or drop her a catalog in the mail if you cannot take her one.

I always cut my oinions in half before I put them in there. Fourth work even better. It does not make eyes run when i do that. I would rather cut a little bit than have to cut up the whole thing, ha!

ALso, tell her about all the other things it will chop and get her to realize she will be using it all the time. I love chopping chicken with mine! My MIL uses hers for cabage for coleslaw and brocoli when she does her brocoli salad.

Also mention that the thing she has is great ... but the food chopper allows you to control the size of what you're chopping ... sometimes you want bigger pieces, sometimes you want smaller ones.It's great for shredding chicken for salad.

Definitely make suer she knows that you can use it for more than just onions! I'm guessing she's thinking of the one on TV where you push a whole onion through and it cuts it.

yes sell its other chopping abilities
candy bars
nuts
peppers
celery
onions
olives
eggsthe list goes on
then suggest she protects the blades by purchasing one of our cutting boards. I tell guests chopping on glass, wood, acrylic cuting boards or corian counters will shorten its life span.If she objects to the price..... ask her the warranty on her as seen on tv product chances are its 30 days or her $$ back and sometimes they throw in another piece of FREE junk!! Our warranty is 5 years

1. How do I properly use a food chopper for dicing onions?

To use a food chopper for dicing onions, start by peeling and halving the onion. Place the flat side down on the cutting board and hold it securely with one hand. Use the other hand to press the onion into the blades of the food chopper, making sure to keep your fingers out of the way. Continue pressing until the onion is diced to your desired size.

2. Can I use a food chopper for different sizes of diced onions?

Yes, most food choppers come with different blades that allow you to adjust the size of the diced onion. Make sure to check the instructions for your specific food chopper to see which blades are used for each size.

3. Do I need to pre-cut the onion before using a food chopper?

No, one of the benefits of using a food chopper for dicing onions is that you can skip the pre-cutting step. The blades of the food chopper will do the work for you, resulting in evenly diced onions without the extra effort.

4. What type of onions work best with a food chopper?

Any type of onion can be diced using a food chopper. However, larger onions may need to be cut into smaller pieces before using the chopper. Additionally, softer onions like sweet onions may require a gentler pressure to avoid crushing them.

5. How do I clean a food chopper after dicing onions?

Cleaning a food chopper after dicing onions is simple. Most food choppers are dishwasher safe, so you can simply place it in the dishwasher after use. If you prefer to wash it by hand, make sure to remove any remaining onion pieces and wash with warm soapy water. Rinse and dry thoroughly before storing.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mom4angela
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • Jane the PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
  • babywings76