• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Food Chopper Not Cutting Apples

In summary, there are a few potential reasons why your food chopper may not be cutting apples effectively. These include using a dull blade or not properly attaching the blade, using apples that are too large, or using apples that are too hard or too ripe. To ensure your food chopper can cut apples, make sure to use a sharp blade, cut the apples into smaller pieces, or lightly coat the blade with cooking oil. You can also use your food chopper to cut apples with the skin on, but may need to apply more force if the skin is tough. If your chopped apples are coming out uneven, try using apples of similar size and shape and adjusting the pressure and angle when pressing down on the chopper. To clean your
lockhartkitchen
Tonight I had an embarassing moment. I cut up granny smith apples into small pieces, and like I always do, with the peel on, I was going to chop the two apples. I couldn't for the like of it, get the apples to chop up. They kept getting stuck in my chopper. I have had my chopper since I got my kit 6 years ago. Should I be looking at getting another chopper? Secrets to cutting the apples with the skins on? I wanted to make the candy apple tartlets for September, but not if I'm going to have cutting issues.

Okay, this is just freaky! I was reading your post about apples and thinking how the food chopper has a 5 year warranty, so it may just be that the blades are starting to dull when I was distracted by my toddler telling my husband that he needed to eat 5 apples! ??? I wasn't reading out loud. She can't read & even if she could, she was across the room on the back side of the laptop. Why the heck would she start talking about 5 apples while I'm thinking about apples & a 5 year warranty? (((insert Twilight Zone theme here)))

Every once in a while I get a bunch of apples that seem to stick to everything--knives, chopper, etc. Could have just been the apples.

Have you had trouble chopping anything else? Try an onion or some celery or something.

I'm thinking it's the apples too. We are just entering the harvest season for apples and some of the apples that are on our grocery shelves seem to be soft and meely - even granny smith's. If your apple doesn't feel heavy in your hand it's probably isn't real fresh.

1. Why is my food chopper not cutting apples?

There could be a few reasons why your food chopper is not cutting apples. First, make sure you are using a sharp blade and that it is properly attached to the chopper. Also, check the size of the apples you are trying to chop - if they are too large, they may not fit into the chopper properly. Lastly, the apples may be too hard or too ripe for the chopper to cut effectively.

2. How can I make sure my food chopper can cut apples?

To ensure your food chopper can cut apples, make sure you are using a sharp blade and that it is properly attached to the chopper. Also, try cutting the apples into smaller pieces or using slightly softer apples. You can also lightly coat the blade with cooking oil before using it to help with the chopping process.

3. Can I use my food chopper to cut apples with the skin on?

Yes, you can use your food chopper to cut apples with the skin on. However, it may be more difficult to chop them if the skin is particularly tough or if the apples are very ripe. You may need to use a little more force when pressing down on the chopper to cut through the skin.

4. Why are my chopped apples coming out uneven?

If your chopped apples are coming out uneven, it could be due to the size and shape of the apples you are using. Try to choose apples that are similar in size and shape to ensure more even chopping. You may also need to adjust the pressure and angle at which you are pressing down on the chopper to get more consistent results.

5. How do I clean my food chopper after using it to chop apples?

To clean your food chopper after using it to chop apples, first disassemble the chopper and remove any remaining apple pieces. Wash the blades and other parts with warm, soapy water and a sponge or brush. Rinse and dry thoroughly before reassembling the chopper. Be sure to always follow the manufacturer's instructions for cleaning and caring for your specific food chopper model.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Jane the PC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
ChefBeckyD
Replies
Views
mommyhugz1978
Replies
Views
pcsharon1