• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Chopping Veg. for a Fundraiser: What Can a Food Chopper Do?

In summary, the food chopper can be demoed for chopping brocolli, onion/pepper, and Ranch Style Beans.
proudmama02
I am doing a veg. plate/dip for a large fundraiser. What would I use the food chopper for?

Maybe you can just demo it and not use it for anything on your platter. Even if you just chopped up some carrots or something. Potatoes always work well to demo a bunch of things: slice and grate, chopper, APCS, crinkle cutter, etc.

Maybe you could use the ultimate slice and grate for some of the veggies. The only thing I can think of to use the food chopper with it for is if you have something in the dip you can chop up like nuts or onions or something like that. I don't have any dip recipes that call for using the food chopper. Maybe someone else does.

Garnishes?I don't have a recipe, but what about finely chopping a little bit of carrot and using it to garnish the top of the dip? (You could also use the kitchen shears to snip off parsley or green onion tops as a garnish for another dip).

Diane

Thanks for the ideas!! :)

Chopper / Dip ideasBuy the cream cheese dip they sell by the apples in the produce section (I don't have a recipe for an equivalent, so I buy it!) and place in small or medium SA bowl. Use Apple Peeler Corer Slicer to slice a small apple. Place 1/2 of the apple in chopper & chop fairly fine. Mix in the cream cheese dip. Use wedger to cut wedges of apple to place around the dip in the next larger SA plate. Not going to change the dip's taste, but demo's 4 items.

Chop some brocolli very fine and put in ranch dip. Brocolli is a great chopper demo item. From the 3-5 chops = bigger pieces, to the 10-15 chops = my kids can't identify it and they still get the nutrition.
Chop an onion or red or orange/yellow pepper (sweeter not as bitter as green), and add to rotel/cheese dip. A small amount of onion & pepper is not going to change the taste that much and shows off that chopper!
Try a can of Ranch Style Beans(RSB): Drain the juice (but save cause you'll use a little for moisture) and chop the beans. Make your own refried beans for nachos. Can even mix green chilis in with the beans before you spread. Tastes great, but rinse it quickly...the RSB juice has a tendency to discolor if not careful.

HTH!
Rita

1. What types of vegetables can I chop with a food chopper?

A food chopper can chop a variety of vegetables such as onions, peppers, carrots, potatoes, and more. It can also chop fruits, nuts, and herbs.

2. How does a food chopper make chopping vegetables easier?

A food chopper uses sharp blades and a quick chopping motion to efficiently chop vegetables. This saves time and effort compared to chopping by hand.

3. Can a food chopper be used for large quantities of vegetables?

Yes, a food chopper can handle large quantities of vegetables. It is especially useful for chopping vegetables for fundraisers or large events.

4. Is a food chopper easy to clean?

Yes, most food choppers are designed to be easy to clean. They can be disassembled and washed by hand or in the dishwasher.

5. Can a food chopper also be used for other kitchen tasks?

Yes, a food chopper can also be used for tasks such as pureeing, grinding, and making dips and sauces. It is a versatile tool for any kitchen.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• kam
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Intrepid_Chef
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
BethCooks4U
  • kcjodih