• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

What are some tips for being a successful Food Bank Coordinator?

In summary, a conversation took place where it was confirmed that the speaker would be the 2010 Food Bank Coordinator for Pampered Chef/Feed America with their local food bank. They expressed excitement and honor for the position and asked for suggestions from others who have had the same role. They also mentioned making initial steps to reach out to various contacts and expressed a desire to do well in the position. Other participants in the conversation also shared their experiences and concerns with the registration process. Some offered advice for contacting the charitable giving department and following up on emails. Overall, the conversation revolved around the speaker's confirmation as a coordinator and their plans for the upcoming year.
noelskitchen
I just received confirmation that I will be the 2010 Food Bank Coordinator for Pampered Chef/Feed America with my local food bank. I am excited and honored. I wasn't sure where to post this so I apologize if it's in the wrong place. For those of you who have had this position, can you share what you have done? I work a lot with my local Food Bank and will be working with one that's an hour away from me as well.

I am sad to say that I have not done much but promote! I did a food drive and I went and met with the coordinator. I was only it for the last few months of the year as it is a new food bank. What have other people done? I would like to do more but do not know what

Well the good thing is, I've made the initial steps to reach out to the PC Charitable Giving Contact person, Feeding America and just got in touch with the Food Bank contact. Not sure how much the previous coordinator did but I hope to do just as good or in my book, even better. Looking forward to a great year!

I just confirmed that I'm a Coordinator for my local food bank. Why confirmed? Because of a bit of a mixup in getting my packet from HO (I got one with my address, but someone else's name, and a food bank about 800 miles from my house!)

I'm also looking for ideas of things to do :)

I registered by haven't heard anything. Oh well.

SpiritdancerIA said:
I just confirmed that I'm a Coordinator for my local food bank. Why confirmed? Because of a bit of a mixup in getting my packet from HO (I got one with my address, but someone else's name, and a food bank about 800 miles from my house!)

I got a packet with my address in Oregon, with consultant name from Florida. I don't know if I'm a coordinator. I left a message for that consultant. I guess I wasn't the only one that got a weird packet.

I registered also and have not heard anything either. Better luck next year.

A sister consultant & I both registered & we haven't heard anything. They just took our food bank off the site the other day.

lockhartkitchen said:
I got a packet with my address in Oregon, with consultant name from Florida. I don't know if I'm a coordinator. I left a message for that consultant. I guess I wasn't the only one that got a weird packet.

There's a good chance you are on the list as a coordinator; it sounded like there was a database glitch when packages (and letters) got labeled. I called the number on the letter, and got a call back the next business day. HO is sending me an updated letter.

I looked up the consultant named on my package and gave her the phone number to call. I'll call for myself too.

SpiritdancerIA said:

Melissa,

Call and leave a message for the charitable giving dept. and send a follow up e-mail to them. I call 3 times since November and then got fed up because no one was returning my calls and sent an e-mail with "3rd attempt to reach you" in subject line. Someone finally contacted me stating they have been short staffed and apoligized. I requested an updated letter with my name on it and they corrected my information in the system.

Don't give up if you are interested ladies, they just had a mix up on their end. I received someone's name who is in New York and I'm in California. Apparently the Charitible Giving Dept. answers their e-mails quicker than their voicemail. From the look of the list Home Office sent out in the Pampered News, they still need Coordinators in a lot of places.

noelskitchen said:
Melissa,

Call and leave a message for the charitable giving dept. and send a follow up e-mail to them. I call 3 times since November and then got fed up because no one was returning my calls and sent an e-mail with "3rd attempt to reach you" in subject line. Someone finally contacted me stating they have been short staffed and apoligized. I requested an updated letter with my name on it and they corrected my information in the system.

All things considered, I think they called me back pretty promptly. I got the package on Dec 30 at 5:30pm, and called to leave a message right away. They were out of the office from the 31st to the 4th for the holiday weekend, and I got a call back on the 5th :)

1. What does a Food Bank Coordinator do?

A Food Bank Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the operations of a food bank, including managing donations, coordinating volunteers, and distributing food to those in need.

2. What qualifications are required to become a Food Bank Coordinator?

Qualifications may vary, but most food bank coordinators have a high school diploma or equivalent, experience in a related field, and strong organizational and communication skills.

3. How do you become a volunteer at a food bank?

To become a volunteer at a food bank, you can contact your local food bank directly or search for volunteer opportunities on their website. You may also be able to sign up through a volunteer matching platform or through a community service organization.

4. How can I donate to a food bank?

There are many ways to donate to a food bank, including donating non-perishable food items, making monetary donations, or volunteering your time. You can also check with your local food bank to see if they have a specific list of items they are in need of.

5. How does a food bank ensure the food is safe to consume?

Food banks follow strict guidelines and regulations to ensure the safety of the food they distribute. This may include regular inspections, proper storage and handling procedures, and only accepting food that is within its expiration date. In addition, many food banks have partnerships with local grocery stores and farms to receive donations of fresh and safe food.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• cmdtrgd
  • Buy and Sell Items
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • PChefPEI
  • Business, Marketing and Customer Service
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies