• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Font problems with October newsletter

soulsing

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2005
Hi Joy. When I got my October newsletter this morning from TT, it had these weird symbols in it. Can you help me with this?

Holiday Deadlines — mark
Check it out — quantities

NooraK

Legend Member
Gold Member
Feb 6, 2008
On mine those are a long dash. You know, the one that auto-adjusts when you type a - in MS Word and start the next word, and it changes into a longer one.

I haven't had issues with that symbol, but I always have to re-type the degree and registered trademark symbols. I don't know if it's my browser or something else, but it doesn't seem to recognize that's what they are, and I just get a box. To me, it's not a huge deal, it helps me make sure I really go through the whole newsletter before I send it so I know what I'm saying to my customers :)

jbdowd0798

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 20, 2008
I've had that issue with 's words sometimes but to be honest, for what we pay Joy, a minute to take the sign that pops in the ' place is no biggie...or else something I do get the sign you have but again, the newsletter price and expertise is worth more than I can really afford! lol :)

PampChefJoy

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2005
Okay, let me check on that. There are certain character sets in HTML that aren't recognized by some programs that cause that... I haven't pinpointed which email programs but I know it happens only with certain ones and not universally. I just have to remember to go back and change the code. I thought I caught all the ones for October but obviously I missed some.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
ChefLissa
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
Replies
Views