1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Font problems with October newsletter

1. soulsing

soulsing Member Silver Member

Hi Joy. When I got my October newsletter this morning from TT, it had these weird symbols in it. Can you help me with this?

Holiday Deadlines — mark
    Check it out — quantities

Oct 3, 2009
  2. NooraK

NooraK Legend Member Gold Member

On mine those are a long dash. You know, the one that auto-adjusts when you type a - in MS Word and start the next word, and it changes into a longer one.

I haven't had issues with that symbol, but I always have to re-type the degree and registered trademark symbols. I don't know if it's my browser or something else, but it doesn't seem to recognize that's what they are, and I just get a box. To me, it's not a huge deal, it helps me make sure I really go through the whole newsletter before I send it so I know what I'm saying to my customers :)

Oct 3, 2009
  3. jbdowd0798

jbdowd0798 Veteran Member Gold Member

I've had that issue with 's words sometimes but to be honest, for what we pay Joy, a minute to take the sign that pops in the ' place is no biggie...or else something I do get the sign you have but again, the newsletter price and expertise is worth more than I can really afford! lol :)

Oct 3, 2009
  4. PampChefJoy

PampChefJoy Veteran Member Gold Member

Okay, let me check on that. There are certain character sets in HTML that aren't recognized by some programs that cause that... I haven't pinpointed which email programs but I know it happens only with certain ones and not universally. I just have to remember to go back and change the code. I thought I caught all the ones for October but obviously I missed some.

Oct 3, 2009
Have something to add?