• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Nervous Deb's 1st Show: Chicken Club Filiing in Braid!

In summary, the author tried making a Chicken Club Filing instead of the ring dish and her cresent rolls didn't stick together well. She is also worried about her first show and is looking for advice. She recommends focusing on the product, not the recipe.
CarrieAnn
Hi Everyone!! I have my very first show tonight and I tried making the Chicken Club Filiing and putting it in the braid instead of the ring. My cresent rolls didn't stick together very well. I used the store brand, but maybe I should have used the Pillsbury brand? Also, do you cut the dough into strips, or just the sides to make the braid. I'm starting to get nervous about this...and thinking that maybe I should just do the ring, but I really wanted to do something impressive since it's my first show and alot of the people coming have been to several other shows with the ring dishes being made. I was also thinking of having 2 people from the audience try out my A/P/C/S . One using the APCS and the other using the quikcut paring knife. Hey, did I say that I'm starting to get nervous about the show??? There's 16 people RSVP'd!! Some words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!!

I have made rings and wreaths but no braids yet. The "All the Best" cookbook has great directions and photos on how to do all three.

Here are the braid instructions:

1) Unroll 2 (8-ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls; do not separate. Arrange dough on Rectangle Stone with the longest sides across the width of baking stone. Roll dough to seal seams. (the photo shows the dough covering the entire surface of the stone)

2) Starting on the longest sides of baking stone, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. Using large scoop, scoop filling evenly over center of dough. (photo shows filling being placed on center section of dough and on either side there are the slits made into the dough. The center is not cut into strips)

3) Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across top of filling. Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid. Fold bottom edges of dough up at ends of braid. Continue as recipe directs. (photo has half the strips folded over the center of the filling like a braid)

I don't have the APCS so I can't help you there. I love the little Quikut paring knives. I also have, and LOVE, the apple wedger, my whole family are apple freaks.

Best of luck on your first show, with all the prep you've been doing you'll be fine!

Last edited:
I actually think the braid is easier than the ring. The turkey cranberry twist and the lemon herb are my favorite.

Save the "something specials" for laterI wouldn't recomment using your first show as a place to try something different. You are going to be nervous enough about just doing the show, you don't need to be nervous about the recipe as well. Remember that you want to focus on the products not the recipe. At my first show, those people knew every stinking item that went into the Taffy Apple Pizza....but I don't think I mentioned the stone once....lol! Regardless of what you choose to make, be ready to poke a little fun at yourself if you goof up!

Hi there! First of all, congratulations on your very first show! It's completely normal to feel nervous, but don't worry, you've got this! As for the chicken club filling, using the Pillsbury brand may help the crescent rolls stick together better. And when making the braid, it's best to cut the dough into strips to create the braided effect. Don't be afraid to try new things and be creative with your recipes, it's what makes your show unique and memorable for your guests. And having two people try out your A/P/C/S and quikcut paring knife is a great idea! It will showcase the versatility and quality of our products. Just remember to have fun and enjoy the experience. Your guests will love seeing your passion for cooking and the products we offer. Good luck with your show, you've got this!

What is the Chicken Club Filling in Braid?

The Chicken Club Filling in Braid is a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that features chicken, bacon, cheese, and a variety of seasonings all wrapped in a flaky crescent dough. It is perfect for a quick and tasty meal or as a party appetizer.

Is the Chicken Club Filling in Braid difficult to make?

No, the Chicken Club Filling in Braid is very simple to make. All you need are a few ingredients and about 30 minutes to create this flavorful dish. It is a great option for beginner cooks or those pressed for time.

Can I substitute any of the ingredients in the Chicken Club Filling in Braid?

Yes, you can customize this recipe to fit your personal preferences. For example, you can use turkey instead of chicken, or add in vegetables like spinach or bell peppers. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly.

Can I make the Chicken Club Filling in Braid ahead of time?

Absolutely! This recipe is perfect for meal prepping or party planning. You can assemble the braid, cover it with plastic wrap, and store it in the fridge for up to 24 hours before baking. This makes it a great option for busy weeknights or hosting events.

Can I use a different type of dough for the Chicken Club Filling in Braid?

Yes, you can use puff pastry or pizza dough instead of crescent dough for this recipe. Just make sure to adjust the baking time accordingly. You can also experiment with different types of cheese and seasonings to create your own unique version of this dish.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• CarrieAnn
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
Brandie
  • Amanda Lynn
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Amanda Lynn
  • pampchef.angel