1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Hi Everyone!! I have my very first show tonight

1. Hi Everyone!! I have my very first show tonight and I tried making the Chicken Club Filiing and putting it in the braid instead of the ring. My cresent rolls didn't stick together very well. I used the store brand, but maybe I should have used the Pillsbury brand? Also, do you cut the dough into strips, or just the sides to make the braid. I'm starting to get nervous about this...and thinking that maybe I should just do the ring, but I really wanted to do something impressive since it's my first show and alot of the people coming have been to several other shows with the ring dishes being made. I was also thinking of having 2 people from the audience try out my A/P/C/S . One using the APCS and the other using the quikcut paring knife. Hey, did I say that I'm starting to get nervous about the show??? There's 16 people RSVP'd!! Some words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated!!!

Jan 13, 2006
  2. adventurechef

adventurechef Member

I have made rings and wreaths but no braids yet. The "All the Best" cookbook has great directions and photos on how to do all three.

Here are the braid instructions:

1) Unroll 2 (8-ounce) packages refrigerated crescent rolls; do not separate. Arrange dough on Rectangle Stone with the longest sides across the width of baking stone. Roll dough to seal seams. (the photo shows the dough covering the entire surface of the stone)

2) Starting on the longest sides of baking stone, cut sides of dough into eight strips, about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. Using large scoop, scoop filling evenly over center of dough. (photo shows filling being placed on center section of dough and on either side there are the slits made into the dough. The center is not cut into strips)

3) Starting at one end, lift one strip of dough; twist one turn and lay across top of filling. Repeat, alternating strips of dough to form a braid. Fold bottom edges of dough up at ends of braid. Continue as recipe directs. (photo has half the strips folded over the center of the filling like a braid)

I don't have the APCS so I can't help you there. I love the little Quikut paring knives. I also have, and LOVE, the apple wedger, my whole family are apple freaks.

Best of luck on your first show, with all the prep you've been doing you'll be fine!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2006
    Jan 13, 2006
  3. luvs2sellit

luvs2sellit Advanced Member

I actually think the braid is easier than the ring. The turkey cranberry twist and the lemon herb are my favorite.

Jan 13, 2006
  4. afshea

afshea Member

Save the "something specials" for later

I wouldn't recomment using your first show as a place to try something different. You are going to be nervous enough about just doing the show, you don't need to be nervous about the recipe as well. Remember that you want to focus on the products not the recipe. At my first show, those people knew every stinking item that went into the Taffy Apple Pizza....but I don't think I mentioned the stone once....lol! Regardless of what you choose to make, be ready to poke a little fun at yourself if you goof up!

Jan 13, 2006
Have something to add?