• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Jumpstart Your Business with a Trade Show Booth!

In summary, the conversation is about how to effectively follow up with contacts from a trade show booth. The main suggestion is to create a 60-day plan that includes sending emails, making phone calls, and offering special deals to potential customers. The goal is to stand out from other booths and increase bookings and sales. It is recommended to contact people multiple times as studies show that most people do not respond until the 5th or 6th contact. A sample email is provided as an example of how to reach out to potential customers.
richardson3
Hi there,

I just did my FIRST trade show booth yesterday and have 128 ballot slips of people to follow up and contact.

Does anyone have a "catchy" email that they use? I am having trouble putting words down for an email to send out. I really want to book some shows from it to make it worth my time and money for the booth!

Thank you so much for your help!!

CALL THEM! Don't hide behind email. It will be a waste of your time. They don't know you, or your email address. They'll either THINK you're spam, or you'll simply GO to spam. CALL THEM! Set aside an hour every evening for the next 5 days, get your pile of contacts, have a script ready, and call. Keep calling until you've either spoken with or left a message with every person. Then go back and call those you left messages with until you've spoken with everyone.

I was planning on calling them, but I unfortunately have quite a few that left just their email addresses and that is why I am asking...

There is nothing wrong with a quick follow up thank you email to keep your name fresh in their mind as you work your way through the lost via phone. By the time you get to some, they will have forgotten about you.

i think I have an email template justnfor this, but it is on my laptop. owill get it and try to find that template and post for you soon.

This wasn't exactly what I thought I had...I thought the training gave more specifics, but here you go. Use what you can, toss what you want! I know I didn't do it all (still incorporate the phone follow up earlier onto the process than this lady does....like first week if possible):
Post Expo Marketing PlanThere’s gold in all of those slips you collected. And you will set yourself apart from all the other booths by doing strong follow-up. I recommend that you map out a 60-day plan. Here’s an example:
Week One – send an email, and a mailing – telling the person how much you enjoyed meeting them – and include your “booking bonus calendar” – showing the few remaining dates that are available. Also include a list of any door prize drawing winners.

Week Two – send an email. Give the results of your bookings from your parties from week one – with a message that says “there’s just a few openings for parties that include my special expo booking bonus.”
Then, make a follow-up call, preferably to each person, but definitely to each person who indicated an interest in hosting or buying.

Week 3: The bonus dates are all gone – but you are accepting bookings for next month. Because those dates went so quickly, you are still giving a $10 bonus to people you met at the expo. In addition, you’re offering a special discount on your product – just this week – for the wonderful people you met at the booth.
Include a “discount certificate.”
Remember to weed out the people who have responded!

Week 4: Take a break! Regroup!

Week 5: Do a voice broadcast with the “guilt call.” The tone – this is Susie with xyz company. I really enjoyed meeting you at the expo!! I don’t mean to be a pest – but I haven’t heard from you. I hope that everything is OK. I’m offering one last special this week for all of my new friends from the expo – then explain the offer.

Week 7: As you know, I’ve added you to my email updates. I hope you will keep in touch – as I will do the same.Now I know, you’re probably thinking this is a lot of stuff to do. And it is. Studies show that most people don’t respond until about the 5th or 6th contact.
For my first email, this was a sample of what I sent in my case:

Hello Sharlene,I wanted to thank you for stopping by our Pampered Chef table at the Towne Center mall last weekend. It was a pleasure chatting with you. I have also added you to my monthly e-newsletter. I’ll be sending out the August Edition later this week.If you are interested in getting your friends together some evening for some food and fun, or perhaps just passing the catalog to your friends to save money on some products, let me know! I have several dates still available, and everyone who stopped by my table at the mall is entitled to my Booking Special for extra free product! Just select one of the dates available to hold a live show or close a catalog show, and it’s yours!I will be in touch very soon regarding the results of the Deep Covered Baker prize drawing.
Have a great weekend, and enjoy the cooler temperatures while they last. :)Kindest Regards,
Obviously- word it how you need to. Shorten it perhaps! (I tend to get long-winded...surprise, eh? ;)) But definitely followup with those you can via phone.Good luck!

Last edited:
Ok. I know everyone tells us to follow-up within the first 24-48 hrs after an event.
I just spoke with another consultant who worked the same event I did 4 weeks ago. She's still working through her leads (she had TONS- worked multiple days). But she said the responses she is getting are “Thank you for not calling me the week after the SW Show – I was swamped with phone calls”. Guess there is something to be said for a bit of procrastination……So even if you, (like me) have not followed up right away, you can still do it! ;)

1. How do I design an eye-catching trade show booth?

To design an eye-catching trade show booth, it is important to have a clear and visually appealing display that showcases your products or services. Use bright colors and high-quality graphics to attract attention. Make sure to have a clear and concise message that communicates your brand and what you offer. Also, consider incorporating interactive elements or demonstrations to engage with potential customers.

2. What are some ways to attract potential customers to my trade show booth?

Some effective ways to attract potential customers to your trade show booth include offering special discounts or promotions, hosting a giveaway or raffle, and providing free samples or demonstrations. You can also use social media and email marketing to promote your presence at the trade show and encourage attendees to visit your booth.

3. How can I make the most out of my trade show booth investment?

To make the most out of your trade show booth investment, it is crucial to have a well-planned and organized marketing strategy. Set clear goals for the trade show and create a budget that includes all expenses. Use social media and email marketing to promote your presence at the trade show. Also, make sure to have trained staff at your booth who can effectively communicate your brand and products/services to potential customers.

4. What should I do after the trade show to follow up with potential customers?

After the trade show, it is important to follow up with potential customers to continue building a relationship and potentially convert them into paying customers. This can be done through email marketing, social media, or phone calls. Make sure to personalize the follow-up and offer a special promotion or discount to incentivize them to make a purchase.

5. What are some common mistakes to avoid when setting up a trade show booth?

Some common mistakes to avoid when setting up a trade show booth include having a cluttered or confusing display, not having enough staff to handle the influx of attendees, and not having a clear message or branding. It is also important to avoid being too pushy or aggressive with potential customers, as this can turn them off from your brand. Make sure to have a well-organized and visually appealing booth that effectively communicates your brand and products/services.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• richardson3
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
ShellBeach
Replies
Views
Judybabe