• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Help with Follow-up Calls: Crafting a Winning Pitch

In summary, the person is asking for advice on how to approach follow-up calls for potential hostesses who have indicated interest in hosting a show on a door prize drawing slip. They are looking for a script to break the ice and move the potential hostesses towards booking. They also want to know how to incorporate the offer of a free cooking show into their pitch. The expert suggests starting with mentioning the potential hostess's interest in hosting a cooking show and then offering a special for new customers - a free cooking show. This should help generate interest in booking a show.
esavvymom
Staff member
(Help with) Follow-up callsI am actually making calls today!! Wahoo for me! Most are just voice mails so far, but that's a huge step for even me. So I'm not just copping out here.

But I do have a question. I am wondering what you say to someone in your follow-up calls when they filled out a door prize drawing slip (at a booth) and selected "Maybe" for hosting a show? I'm terrible at getting words out of my mouth right, so having word choices helps me. I'm just wondering what you say to break the ice and move them towards booking?

The scripts I have apply to other things. I think right now, I'm looking at "You had indicated on the prize drawing slip that you might be interested in having a Cooking show and earning free and discounted products (reading from the slip). Would you be interested in getting together for a fun night out with your friends where you're going to learn great recipes that are about $2.00 a serving?"

Does that sound like a decent start? or does that not sound very natural?

Oh- and how should/could I work in about a "free cooking show". I did a give away, and for those that selected yes or maybe to doing a show, I wanted to say that they won a runner up prize of the Ingredients for their own Cooking Show or something like that (I saw someone word it differently on here vs saying "free cooking show" which sounded better to me...so have to find that.)

Last edited:
I think this is a great start! You're definitely on the right track. The idea of offering a free cooking show can be worked in like this: "You had indicated on the prize drawing slip that you might be interested in having a Cooking show and earning free and discounted products (reading from the slip). We are offering a special for our new customers - a free cooking show! Would you be interested in getting together for a fun night out with your friends where you're going to learn great recipes that are about $2.00 a serving?" That should help get them interested in booking a show.

Thanks for any help!Here are some potential follow-up scripts for when someone has selected "Maybe" on a door prize drawing slip and you want to move them towards booking a show:1. "Hi pampered chef consultant, this is from [Company]. I wanted to follow up with you about the door prize drawing slip you filled out at our booth. I noticed you selected 'Maybe' for hosting a show. I was wondering if you had any questions or concerns that I could address for you?"2. "Hi pampered chef consultant, this is from [Company]. I hope you're having a great day! I wanted to touch base with you about the door prize drawing slip you filled out. I noticed you were interested in possibly hosting a show. Would you be open to discussing it further and seeing if it's a good fit for you?"3. "Hi pampered chef consultant, this is from [Company]. Thank you for entering our door prize drawing! I noticed you selected 'Maybe' for hosting a show. I would love to chat with you more about it and see if it's something you would be interested in. Are you available for a quick call or coffee date?"As for working in the "free cooking show" aspect, you could say something like:"I wanted to let you know that as a runner-up prize for our door prize drawing, you've won the ingredients for your very own cooking show! It's a great opportunity to try out some new recipes and earn free and discounted products. Would you be interested in hosting a show and taking advantage of this prize?" Remember to always be genuine and friendly in your approach, and be open to any questions or concerns the person may have. Good luck with your follow-up calls!

1. How do I make my follow-up calls more effective?

To make your follow-up calls more effective, it's important to have a clear and concise pitch. Start by introducing yourself and reminding the customer of your previous interactions. Then, focus on the benefits of the product or service you are offering and how it can solve their problem. Be sure to listen to their concerns and address them accordingly.

2. How many times should I follow up with a customer?

It's recommended to follow up with a customer at least three times before moving on. However, the number of follow-ups may vary depending on the customer's response and level of interest. It's important to find a balance between being persistent and respectful of their time.

3. What should I do if the customer is not interested?

If the customer is not interested, it's important to remain professional and polite. Ask if there is a specific reason they are not interested and try to address any concerns they may have. If they are still not interested, thank them for their time and move on to the next potential customer.

4. How can I personalize my follow-up calls?

Personalizing your follow-up calls can make a big difference in the customer's response. Take note of any previous conversations or information they shared with you and use it to tailor your pitch. This shows that you have been paying attention and care about their needs.

5. Is it okay to leave a voicemail during a follow-up call?

If you are unable to reach the customer after a few attempts, it's acceptable to leave a voicemail. Keep the message short and to the point, reminding them of your previous interaction and leaving your contact information for them to reach you. However, it's always best to try to speak with the customer directly if possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
kdangel518
  • KaiKendall
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • lindsaym
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies