• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Looking for Flyer Ideas for a Community Yard Sale?

In summary, the conversation was about a consultant asking for ideas on booking and generating interest in their business at a community yard sale. Another consultant suggested using a layaway flyer for cookware and explained how it works. The original consultant had some questions about the logistics of the layaway program and the second consultant provided a detailed explanation. The layaway program involves the consultant holding onto payments until the full amount is collected, and then submitting the order as a catalog show in the customer's name. The hostess does not receive any benefits until the layaway order is submitted, at which point she can use her host benefits towards the layaway items and other products.
ehall
Hi! I'm brand spanking new to PC and looking for booking ideas. There is a community yard sale in my area where I have a designated area. I'm not looking to sell PC stuff...I'm hoping to generate some bookings and interest in my fledgling business. Does anyone have any ideas for flyers and/or displays they have used at fairs and the like? Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated.

Evonne

The layaway flyer for Cookware went over BIG at my fall booth and a drawing box giving away a few small items!

Layaway Flyer?I noticed the one consultant posted she has a "layaway flyer" for PC cookware? And it went over well? I'M INTERESTED IN THIS!!!!

Thanks,
Dawn

Layaway FlyerHere's the layaway flyer! I don't know who I got it from, but you could do a search for it and any other flyers in PC Files at the top of the screen. If you have Word do a "doc" search and you'll pull up EVERY Word file that's been posted on the site! That's how I've gotten a lot of my files!

Attachments

• Lay it Away Flyer.doc
    37 KB · Views: 569
DZmom said:
Here's the layaway flyer! I don't know who I got it from, but you could do a search for it and any other flyers in PC Files at the top of the screen. If you have Word do a "doc" search and you'll pull up EVERY Word file that's been posted on the site! That's how I've gotten a lot of my files!

I'm a little confused by this idea and the flyer.... If you are collecting the payments... how are you processing them on your end? I understand the principles of layaway... but how does the host benefit? $150 is a catalog show.... are you submitting $150 (what products would you buy?)? I'm so confused (sorry)

Thanks for the idea!!! Layaway is a great idea!

Last edited:
You basically HOLD the payments until the entire amount is collected and then the order is processed as a catalog show in the person's name with the order placed in a LOVED ONES name! The same way the winner of a mystery host show's order is done. Then the person receives the host benefits.

As stated on the flyer (and I've copied it below) the hostess does not receive any $$ on her host benefits from the layaway order, but receives the booking benefit when the Layaway Show is submitted.

The idea of the Layaway program is for big ticket items. The person must choose AT LEAST $150 in products to put on Layaway. The consultant I got the idea from said that she started it to help people purchase the cookware, but you could allow them to purchase any items they wanted as long as the product price was MORE than $150!

"Your Layaway order does not apply to today’s hostess’ total, but she is aware of this plan, and that I am offering it @ her Show. She will still benefit from your order by receiving a booking bonus, plus additional rewards for a smaller order tonight if you so choose to make one."

Flyer helpOkay...I get it now. BUT! If she decides to host a kitchen show, then how do you figure how much money she gets back, especially when she has to purchase the layaway items anyhow? Or do you turn that around & show her that now she has earned "f.p.v" that will be used on other items?
That part seems kinda hairy... :confused:

If she decides to hold a show then she MUST still purchase the products on Layaway. After her GUEST Sales not including the Layaway sales are over $150 then the Layaway items would be put on the Host order and not submitted as a Guest order. THEN she could use her discount earned that night and any FPV toward the Layaway items and anything else she would like. YOU the consultant would FIRST post the 2 previous payments to the amount due and the 3rd payment would be for the remainder.

EX: Susie Host lays away the 6pc set of Pro Cookware for 295.00 + SH and Tax! In KY it is 305.81! Her 3 payments = 101.94. During the 3rd month she decides to have a KS and up her FPV! Her Guest sales are $500 before her layway. She adds the 6pc set to the Host order and she only owes $155.03 for the set instead of 305.81. So, you would apply the 2 previous payments and refund her the 53.09 that she over paid or she could use that amount towards her 1/2 priced items or any other products that she wants.

DZmom said:
As stated on the flyer (and I've copied it below) the hostess does not receive any $$ on her host benefits from the layaway order, but receives the booking benefit when the Layaway Show is submitted.

."

Thanks for the explanation. What do you mean by not receiving any host $$ but gets the booking benefit. Can't she then order the hostess's special? If you find an outside order or two to add on, and she does earn free product credit.... it might peek her interest in hosting a catalog or kitchen show (how easy it is)?

its_me_susan said:
Thanks for the explanation. What do you mean by not receiving any host $$ but gets the booking benefit. Can't she then order the hostess's special? If you find an outside order or two to add on, and she does earn free product credit.... it might peek her interest in hosting a catalog or kitchen show (how easy it is)?

Eurika ~ it just made sense to me (the booking benefit) ~ bet you can throw in a few outside orders in too. THANK YOU for explaining this.

Love the layaway plan. I never thought of this. I will definately be spinning it at upcoming shows.

Sets together to sellHi I'V seen this around I can;t fing the one I had but it was a few years ago .Does anyone have a Flyer that has Ste sold together
Like pasta Lovers the items and Price
Sweet tooth
An Entertaining Evening
I would like to put some ideas together for showers, and gift ideas

Thanks Doreen [email protected]

chef131doreen said:
Hi I'V seen this around I can;t fing the one I had but it was a few years ago .Does anyone have a Flyer that has Ste sold together
Like pasta Lovers the items and Price
Sweet tooth
An Entertaining Evening
I would like to put some ideas together for showers, and gift ideas

Thanks Doreen [email protected]

Some of those ideas were on some of the holiday flyers. Here's the one that came to mind for me.

Attachments

• Gifts to Go Boxes.doc
    26 KB · Views: 399

1. What are some creative ways to use flyers for Pampered Chef?

Some ideas for using flyers for Pampered Chef include promoting upcoming cooking classes or events, showcasing new products, offering special discounts or promotions, and advertising the benefits of hosting a Pampered Chef party.

2. How can I personalize flyers for my specific Pampered Chef business?

You can personalize flyers by including your own contact information, logo, and branding. You can also tailor the content to highlight any unique services or products you offer as a Pampered Chef consultant.

3. Are there any design templates available for Pampered Chef flyers?

Yes, Pampered Chef offers a variety of customizable flyer templates on their website. You can also find templates on design websites such as Canva or Adobe Spark.

4. How can I make my flyers stand out to potential customers?

Some ways to make your flyers stand out include using eye-catching graphics or images, incorporating a clear call-to-action, and including customer testimonials or reviews. You can also try using unique paper or printing techniques for a more professional look.

5. Can flyers be an effective marketing tool for Pampered Chef?

Yes, flyers can be a highly effective marketing tool for Pampered Chef. They are a cost-effective way to reach a large audience, can be easily distributed in local communities, and can drive traffic to your website or social media pages.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• candacecookin4fun
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
bbauman07
Replies
Views
wife4230
  • thehaleykitchen
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies