• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Will My Flyer Get Thrown Away? Seeking Feedback for Teacher Promo

In summary, the flyer looks good, but Keith suggests removing the hyperlinks to his email and website.
leftymac
As we near back-to-school time, I am going to place a mini-catalog and a flyer in each of my fellow teachers' mailbox, offering 10% off as well as additional free product if they book a show. I'm willing to spend the additional money and lose some commission in order to make money. I'd just like some feedback on the flyer. I tend to be a bit wordy sometimes.

My biggest fear is that all of these mini-catalogs will end up in the trash can -- a lot of stuff that's placed in our mailboxes ends up there. I can picture me now sorting through the trash can/recycle bin to get my mini-catalogs back! :cry:

Attachments

• teacherflyer.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 752
I think it looks really good. I so understand about not wanting to see them in the trash! Good luck.

Great idea! Did you have any luck with your coworkers booking parties before the end of school? I only had one person from my school sign up to do a party. Unfortunately that was my assistant (or would have beem my assistant had she worked more than 20 days last year) and she cancelled the day before the show.

BBratrace said:
Great idea! Did you have any luck with your coworkers booking parties before the end of school? I only had one person from my school sign up to do a party. Unfortunately that was my assistant (or would have beem my assistant had she worked more than 20 days last year) and she cancelled the day before the show.

It was teachers in my department that got me started and did shows for me. High school is very departmentalized, so you only tend to interact with those teachers in your department. I'm pretty well-known b/c my students like me and talk about me, so I might get a good response. I'd just be really embarassed if they all ended up in the trash.

I'm starting my 3rd year as a middle school teacher. I started with Pampered Chef in April and did a small fundraiser - only e-mail to the other school employees and catalogs in the workrooms. It wasn't a very high order but enough to qualify as a show. I think I am going to try the mini catalogs in the mailbox with a comment about saving trees by returning (or forwarding) any unwanted catalogs.

Did you do any cooking demos or displays at your school?

BBratrace said:
I'm starting my 3rd year as a middle school teacher. I started with Pampered Chef in April and did a small fundraiser - only e-mail to the other school employees and catalogs in the workrooms. It wasn't a very high order but enough to qualify as a show. I think I am going to try the mini catalogs in the mailbox with a comment about saving trees by returning (or forwarding) any unwanted catalogs.

Did you do any cooking demos or displays at your school?

I haven't done demos, and I'm not sure a display would be appropriate. I do bring in recipes from time to time, but given that each department has it's own lounge, only my fellow foreign language teachers get to eat them. :)

OH I like this. I may have to borrow it.

ChefMary412 said:
OH I like this. I may have to borrow it.

Feel free! I didn't create it in word though since I'm on a Mac. If I convert it to word so you can edit it, it's not gonna look the same.

What a GREAT IDEA...I am a teacher myself......Is there a way that I can download and make revisons to this to meet my needs?

[email protected]

Keith - that looks great! I LOVE how professional it looks!

GourmetGirl said:
Keith - that looks great! I LOVE how professional it looks!

Thanks -- that's the Mac, for ya!

I wish I knew a way to make it editable. Converting it to Word will change how it looks.

I am on a Mac... what did you use?

This flyer is GREAT!!! If you could put it into word that would be AWESOME!!!

Looks good. Have you thought about making it a Mystery Host show? Might draw more interest.

GourmetGirl said:
I am on a Mac... what did you use?

Pages. I can email you that file if you'd like.

pamperedlinda said:
Looks good. Have you thought about making it a Mystery Host show? Might draw more interest.

I didn't..that's a good idea. I may just do that!

The flyer looks good, I too have been doing Pc for three years and most of the teachers have helped me get started and my last fundraiser I did for a fellow teacher was not that successful so I wish you luck.

First, I think that the flyer looks good. However, I am in edit mode so these are all friendly suggestions!! :D

If you are just printing these, I would remove the hyperlinks to your email & website.

I would also left justify the text. I was told that it's easy on the eye to read from a graphic designer and it seems true. Key items like the "title" and the *info may be okay too.

I also like to bold certain words or color them so that people get the gist. 10% off, $25 free...whatever are the words that may grab their attention since MOST won't read it, they'll just scan. I would also color the "return to you" part. Maybe even make it a different font. I know you don't WANT them to return it, b/c they should use it, but if they aren't going to use it, you DO want them to give it back.

Good luck!!

Great idea Keith--and nice flyer! I may also have to steal your idea. I'm not a teacher, but am on the PTO board so I'm at the schools regularly.

Jules711 said:
First, I think that the flyer looks good. However, I am in edit mode so these are all friendly suggestions!! :D

If you are just printing these, I would remove the hyperlinks to your email & website.

I would also left justify the text. I was told that it's easy on the eye to read from a graphic designer and it seems true. Key items like the "title" and the *info may be okay too.

I also like to bold certain words or color them so that people get the gist. 10% off, $25 free...whatever are the words that may grab their attention since MOST won't read it, they'll just scan. I would also color the "return to you" part. Maybe even make it a different font. I know you don't WANT them to return it, b/c they should use it, but if they aren't going to use it, you DO want them to give it back.

Good luck!!

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I will be printing them in B&W so the color part I can't do, but I will certainly do the rest.

You are welcome. I hesitate sometimes b/c people don't always REALLY want changes, but just a looks good so they can finally be done slaving over one stupid piece of paper...see I feel that too sometimes!Actually, something my graphic artist friend does is highlight words by making them gray! One that is very legible but makes it just different enough to draw your eye there. She is awesome! Whenever I have a flyer to do for something, especially and expo or something I'm involved in, I get her to do it.

Not to wordy.... but I do have one suggestions! Move some of those yummy pictures to the top of the page....... just my opinion!

I can just see you Keith....WHERE ARE THOSE MINI CATALOGS!!!

Attachments

• keith.jpg
    keith.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 364
Jenni said:
Not to wordy.... but I do have one suggestions! Move some of those yummy pictures to the top of the page....... just my opinion!

I can just see you Keith....WHERE ARE THOSE MINI CATALOGS!!!

Haha I love that pic!

Was anyone able to convert this to a WORD document??? I have been searching and no luck.

Mac,

How did this turn out for you? My mom-in-law works at a school and I would love to try it there.

I didn't get much out of it. No shows but a few orders. It did get my name out there though.

What is a "Flyer for Fellow Teachers"?

A "Flyer for Fellow Teachers" is a promotional tool that Pampered Chef offers to teachers who are interested in hosting a cooking party for their colleagues. It includes information about the products and benefits of hosting a party, as well as special offers and discounts.

How can I get a "Flyer for Fellow Teachers"?

You can request a "Flyer for Fellow Teachers" by contacting your Pampered Chef consultant. They will be able to provide you with a digital or physical copy of the flyer to share with your colleagues.

What are the benefits of hosting a cooking party through the "Flyer for Fellow Teachers"?

Hosting a cooking party through the "Flyer for Fellow Teachers" allows you to earn free and discounted products, as well as exclusive host rewards. It also provides a fun and interactive way for you and your colleagues to learn about new cooking techniques and recipes using Pampered Chef products.

Can I customize the "Flyer for Fellow Teachers" to fit my specific needs?

Yes, the "Flyer for Fellow Teachers" can be customized to include your name, contact information, and any specific details or requests you may have. Your Pampered Chef consultant will work with you to create a personalized flyer that best fits your needs.

Is there a minimum number of attendees required for the cooking party?

No, there is no minimum number of attendees required for the cooking party. However, the more colleagues you invite, the more potential sales and rewards you can earn. Your Pampered Chef consultant can provide more information on the best practices for hosting a successful party.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Cindycooks
  • Pampered Chef Flyers
Replies
Views
PCBeliever
  • linojackie
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
linojackie
  • ChefSteph06