1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Urgent Fluted Stoneware Cake Pan

1. loreo

loreo Banned

Can I use Bakers Joy in my Fluted pan to make a cake or should I stick with oil?

Thanks a bunch!!!

Lori

May 14, 2009
  2. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Yes, you can use Baker's Joy!

3. loreo

loreo Banned

Thank you!!!:d

May 14, 2009
  4. Jolie_Paradoxe

Jolie_Paradoxe Senior Member Gold Member

If you use oil the first couple of times, the "nonstick" seasoning makes it unnecessary to use any sprays or oil later. I don't use anything with mine, but I also microwave all my desserts and that may have something to do with it.

5. BlessedWifeMommy

BlessedWifeMommy Veteran Member

Also, you can season your stone with a salt & Crisco mix. There is a thread on here that gives all the directions.

However, I have found that even though my stone is well seasoned, I still like to oil or spray it for recipes I bake.

6. esavvymom

esavvymom Legend Member Staff Member

I spritz mine with oil and then sprinkle it with Powdered Sugar (or a little dry cake mix - if I remember to reserve a few tablespoons). Never had a problem.

May 14, 2009
  7. ChefPaulaB

ChefPaulaB Veteran Member

Seems like I read somewhere not to use the Baker's Joy on the stones... leaves a residue or something. I think you're supposed to just use the kitchen spritzer with oil or brush on oil... but I could be wrong... Or make meatloaf in it to season it well...

May 15, 2009
Have something to add?