• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Ideas for Cooking with a Fluted Stone: Beer Can Chicken & Beyond

In summary, Carolyn (dannyzmom) posted the absolute BEST micro-cake I have EVER had!!! check this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=14124&highlight=peanutty I am a self-diagnosed cake snob - I detest cake mixes and especially those done in the microwave....until now. This cake is DELICIUOS!!!! YUMMY!!! FANTASTIC!!!!
nikkijo
I just realized that I have never used my fluted stone...what are some ideas that I can use it for? I know about the beer can chicken and that is about it. If you have a recipe could you post it please? Thank you!

I have made a meatloaf recipe in it, the micro cakes, baked potatoes, look it up in the files section, there are documents for the fluted stone, with recipes.

I love doing the microwave cakes in it. I did some for a couple of my parties and when the people say they only took 12-15 minutes, I have sold so many of them. I absolutely love mine.

Like Jennifer suggessted, look in the files section. Type in Fluted Stone and so many recipes pop up.

OMG, Linda of all people suggesting a boxed cake, LMAO!!!!!

pamperedlinda said:
Carolyn (dannyzmom) posted the absolute BEST micro-cake I have EVER had!!! check this thread: http://www.chefsuccess.com/showthread.php?t=14124&highlight=peanutty I am a self-diagnosed cake snob - I detest cake mixes and especially those done in the microwave....until now. This cake is DELICIUOS!!!! YUMMY!!! FANTASTIC!!!! get my drift?

I have stared at this pic LONG ENOUGH!! I'm making it today & I'll post it later....:D

jdavis said:
OMG, Linda of all people suggesting a boxed cake, LMAO!!!!!
I know...tell me about it! :eek: :p Even my director is giving me a hard time! I tell ya though....it is sooooooo good! It took me about a week, but I managed to eat 3/4 of this thing all by myself! I'm making it for our monthly cluster meeting tomorow evening and using it at my Jan & Feb shows to help promote stoneware! If it works for Carolyn then it can work for me too!

Someone needs to test-drive that peanutty chocolate cake recipe using regular batter (not the sour cream and eggs version) and see what happens. I find the recipe-version is just too dry & dense for me.

Linda i just looked at your picture from the other post and that cake looks sooo yummy! I'm going to have to try making that!

dannyzmom said:
Someone needs to test-drive that peanutty chocolate cake recipe using regular batter (not the sour cream and eggs version) and see what happens. I find the recipe-version is just too dry & dense for me.

:confused: You think it will be moister without them?:confused:

Ginger428 said:
:confused: You think it will be moister without them?:confused:
I think you just need to cook it less than the directions say to. I only cooked mine for 10 minutes, Plus, I have a high wattage microwave so I lowered the power to 80%....mine was moist and delicious! I think it's the sour cream that does the trick! Makes it not taste like it came from a box.

pamperedlinda said:
I think you just need to cook it less than the directions say to. I only cooked mine for 10 minutes, Plus, I have a high wattage microwave so I lowered the power to 80%....mine was moist and delicious! I think it's the sour cream that does the trick! Makes it not taste like it came from a box.

I am afriad to cook it less time in other people's mike's -- because u just never know the wattage and God fordid it comes out as a pile of mush I'd be mortified. Anytime I do microcakes using the regualar oil water & eggs recipe it comes out moist no matter what

dannyzmom said:
I am afriad to cook it less time in other people's mike's -- because u just never know the wattage and God fordid it comes out as a pile of mush I'd be mortified. Anytime I do microcakes using the regualar oil water & eggs recipe it comes out moist no matter what
Why don't you just ask them if their micro is a high-power one or a regular one? Or maybe just test it after about 10 mins with the cake tester or a tooth-pick? Or, I think that it's supposed to be listed just inside the door. I'm not sure but I think an average wattage is like @ 900 ???? I think mine is about 1100 ???? maybe??? I don't know maybe someome else can answer?

This Is What I E-mail To My Customers Who Buy It

Attachments

• fluted pan.doc
    110.5 KB · Views: 291
  • fluted stoneware pan.doc
    110.5 KB · Views: 376
Monkey BreadI use my fluted pan for monkey bread. It's soooo simple!
- 4 cans of biscuits
- cut biscuit in fourths
- roll in cinnamon sugar mixture
- place in stone
- chunk butter on top and bake!

Delicious!!!

Yes I found this recipe very dry too. I want to do it for shows because I think it is very impressive....I was blown away that this cake can be made in the dang microwave....but dry..yes I thought so to. I will try another one today and see.

i too get so nervous making the micro cakes for demos !!! I have no clue what my wattage is on my micro at home ! I would die if it came out a big mushy mess ! LOL , i really wish i could prefect it though, i bet when you do the demo you sell tons of stones !~

Hey Jilleysue - I like your new picture!

I just made this one again for my cluster meeting tonight and I made a big mistake! Instead of spraying my Fluted Stone with oil I used Baker's Joy....what a MESS!!! Not only did my cake stick to the pan, it's got this pasty looking white gunk all over it - yuck! (in case you are wondering why I didn't use my spritzer....it's got olive oil in it....I really need to get another one) Oh well, just sent DH to the store for more sour cream so I can do it again. DH was happy about the mistake though - now he gets to eat some!

Well you could have just covered it with some kind of frosting, or whipped cream, lol, but I am sure your DH and son will 'unwillingly' find something to do with the first one, lol.

pamperedlinda said:
Hey Jilleysue - I like your new picture!

I just made this one again for my cluster meeting tonight and I made a big mistake! Instead of spraying my Fluted Stone with oil I used Baker's Joy....what a MESS!!! Not only did my cake stick to the pan, it's got this pasty looking white gunk all over it - yuck! (in case you are wondering why I didn't use my spritzer....it's got olive oil in it....I really need to get another one) Oh well, just sent DH to the store for more sour cream so I can do it again. DH was happy about the mistake though - now he gets to eat some!

Oh god...Too funny Linda. I did the same thing last night with my Killer Cake, but it came out ok Thank god. I think I will Make a cake for my cluster meeting. I really enjoy doing them. Thanks for the pic compliment. I thought I would change it up a bit. I love new pics every now and then. The killer cake was sooo moist with the pudding, eggs, oil and sourcream and chocolate chips...was totally a hit. :D

Jilleysue said:
Oh god...Too funny Linda. I did the same thing last night with my Killer Cake, but it came out ok Thank god. I think I will Make a cake for my cluster meeting. I really enjoy doing them. Thanks for the pic compliment. I thought I would change it up a bit. I love new pics every now and then. The killer cake was sooo moist with the pudding, eggs, oil and sourcream and chocolate chips...was totally a hit. :D
I'm trying that one next....oh my....Could I be a box-mix-micro-cake convert?

My cluster LOVED the Peanutty Chocolate cake I took tonight.

A couple of micro cake upsells/add-ons...

Add cool whip to all of the cakes using the EAD
Add strawberry fans using the Egg Slicer Plus
Add powdered sugar using the Flour Sugar Shaker
Serve them always on the SA medium or Large platter -- explaining how it's important to flip the cake out ont a platter with a lip to catch the run-off of the gooey fudgey sauce the cake creates (more for the fudgier recipes and the peanutty one)...and hey - you get TWO plates for only $20
And the Easy Clean Kitchen Brush because it makes cleaning the Fluted SO much easier and you don't have to risk getting dishpan hands!

That Easy Cake Decorator RULES...makes everyone look like a PRO

Jilleysue said:
That Easy Cake Decorator RULES...makes everyone look like a PRO
And gets a lot of laughs when you mention it is fun for newleyweds, too <wink wink>

dannyzmom said:
And gets a lot of laughs when you mention it is fun for newleyweds, too <wink wink>
OMG Carolyn, LMAO!

jdavis said:
OMG Carolyn, LMAO!

What?
Newleyweds like to decorate cakes and make deviled eggs and twice baked potatoes...what in the world were you thinking you filthy minded woman, you?!?!?!

dannyzmom said:
What?
Newleyweds like to decorate cakes and make deviled eggs and twice baked potatoes...what in the world were you thinking you filthy minded woman, you?!?!?!

This from the woman who tried to say she had a naked pic of her DH on her computer desk, LMAO, LMAO!

jdavis said:
This from the woman who tried to say she had a naked pic of her DH on her computer desk, LMAO, LMAO!

Who, me?
::::batting eyelashes innocently::::::
You're just upset you couldn;t see the picture!! :p

NO, the thing I am jealous of in your 'office' is that I can NEVER find a CLIPPIE when I need one, like right now, lol. Now you have to quit chatting so I can get to bed already, lol.

jdavis said:
NO, the thing I am jealous of in your 'office' is that I can NEVER find a CLIPPIE when I need one, like right now, lol. Now you have to quit chatting so I can get to bed already, lol.

::: passing Jennifer a hairclip::::::
I hoard hairlcips - I have dozens...oh and I hoard paperclips and pens, too. I have thousands of both. Man, I really DO have issues...LOL

OH LORD..another time I am laughing OUT LOUD..LOUDLY and KEvin is saying...What did Carolyn say now? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

now that is sad! ha ha!

Jilleysue said:
OH LORD..another time I am laughing OUT LOUD..LOUDLY and KEvin is saying...What did Carolyn say now? HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

LOL - he has never even met me and already he knows I am a freak - LOL

I stared at this for months, finally I made it & I think it is WONDERFUL!!!
I'm thinking about using it in my Feb. shows.....& it is EASY to make!!

1 (6 1/2 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained 2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/3 cup sliced deli hard salami, chopped 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped 4 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced 2 (11.3 oz) pkg refrigerated dinner rolls

Preheat oven to 375. Spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place artichokes on paper towels; pat dry. Chop artichokes, salami and bell pepper using Food Chopper; place in 1 quart Batter Bowl. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Add olives and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to Batter Bowl; mix lightly and set aside. Melt butter in Covered Micro Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate Parmesan cheese into Class Batter Bowl. Separate dinner rolls and cut each into quarters using Kitchen Shears. Dip 16 dough pieces in melted butter, then roll in cheese. Arrange evenly in pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the artichoke mixture. Repeat twice. Dip remaining 16 dough pieces in melted butter, roll in cheese and arrange over last layer of artichoke mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining cheese. Bake 27-30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on Nonstick Cooling Rack. Loosen edges of bread from side and center of pan with Citrus Peeler. Carefully invert onto Cooling Rack to remove bread. Cool slightly. Slice with Serrated Bread Knife. Makes 16 servings.

Ginger428 said:
I stared at this for months, finally I made it & I think it is WONDERFUL!!!
I'm thinking about using it in my Feb. shows.....& it is EASY to make!!

1 (6 1/2 oz) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained 2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/3 cup sliced deli hard salami, chopped 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1/3 cup red bell pepper, chopped 4 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated (about 1 cup)
1/2 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced 2 (11.3 oz) pkg refrigerated dinner rolls

Preheat oven to 375. Spray Stoneware Fluted Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place artichokes on paper towels; pat dry. Chop artichokes, salami and bell pepper using Food Chopper; place in 1 quart Batter Bowl. Slice olives using Egg Slicer Plus. Add olives and garlic pressed with Garlic Press to Batter Bowl; mix lightly and set aside. Melt butter in Covered Micro Cooker on HIGH 30 seconds. Using Deluxe Cheese Grater, grate Parmesan cheese into Class Batter Bowl. Separate dinner rolls and cut each into quarters using Kitchen Shears. Dip 16 dough pieces in melted butter, then roll in cheese. Arrange evenly in pan. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup of the artichoke mixture. Repeat twice. Dip remaining 16 dough pieces in melted butter, roll in cheese and arrange over last layer of artichoke mixture. Sprinkle with any remaining cheese. Bake 27-30 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes on Nonstick Cooling Rack. Loosen edges of bread from side and center of pan with Citrus Peeler. Carefully invert onto Cooling Rack to remove bread. Cool slightly. Slice with Serrated Bread Knife. Makes 16 servings.

Ginger! This sounds wonderful!! What is it called ? Is it a PC recipe, and I've been overlooking it? If I had to nameit, I 'd call it antipasto bread......I HAVE to try this!

ChefBeckyD said:
Ginger! This sounds wonderful!! What is it called ? Is it a PC recipe, and I've been overlooking it? If I had to nameit, I 'd call it antipasto bread......I HAVE to try this!

LOL...thats what its called...I think its in All The Best, & The PICTURE!!!!!:eek: :eek: :eek:
Let me go check....

Its from the More Stoneware Sensations....i think its from 1999
It is sooooooooooooooooooooo GOOD!!!!!

dannyzmom said:
::: passing Jennifer a hairclip::::::
I hoard hairlcips - I have dozens...oh and I hoard paperclips and pens, too. I have thousands of both. Man, I really DO have issues...LOL
And now they are all neatly organized on your newly found desk:) and in your new closet storage!:p

pamperedlinda said:
And now they are all neatly organized on your newly found desk:) and in your new closet storage!:p

They are - they ARE!!!!!!

I guess I will now have to go back to the store and buy another HUGE package of clippies, and clip them to my shelf so I can slowly lose them one by one, like I always do, LMAO!

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Roadtripray
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
KindaichiShota
  • pckrissy
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
pckrissy
Replies