• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Which is better: Fluted Pan or Medium Bar Pan for stoneware cooking?

In summary, the conversation is about comparing the medium bar pan and the fluted pan in terms of their uses and recipes. The person giving the summary prefers the original bar pan and the small bar pan, but acknowledges the versatility of the medium bar pan. They also mention using the fluted pan for cakes, potatoes, and other recipes from the PC cookbooks. They recommend using the bar pan as an "entry level" piece and using the fluted pan to demo microwave cakes. They also mention some great recipes for the fluted pan, such as chicken and meatloaf, and offer to provide a file with more fluted pan recipes.
monica_sweetconsultant
Silver Member
Hi i was thinking of ordering one of these pieces of stoneware and i'm not sure which one would be better for me to get. i know you can do the microwave cakes in the fluted pans for quick and easy demo's but it looks like there are more recipes for the medium bar pan. which do you prefer and can give you give some recipes for each? thanks in advance!!

I personally don't use the medium bar pan much. I LOVE the original Bar Pan and use it all the time - ditto for the Small Bar Pan. I just don't have much need for something inbetween. I do promote it to my guests though because some to have smaller ovens or just two people and can find lots of uses for it.

I use the fluted pan a lot though. Of course for the cakes. I also bake potatoes in it and have made some of the other recipes in the PC cookbooks.

I have made meatloaf in it and monkey bread and baked chicken (yummm!) just to name a few!

I usually tell my guests that I think the Bar Pan is a great "entry level" piece, because it is so versatile (Pizzas, Brownies, Bar Cookies, French Fries, Chicken Nuggets, you name it). I use mine in my kitchen all the time. Remember that it's not necessary to show every piece of stoneware, as long as you can "paint the picture" for your guests. I sell lots of Stoneware Bar Pans and I almost never demo on them!

That being said, the Stoneware Fluted Pan is a great stone to bring to shows to demo the incredible microwave cakes (I usually will do this as a second recipe, if the headcount warrants it, as a thank you to my host). Try making a cake as the guests come in, put it in the microwave and turn it out when you start your show. Lots of oohs and ahhs! :D Wait until your main recipe is in the oven and finish it off when it's cool.

There are some great recipes for the Chicken in the fluted pan and I have begun using my fluted pan to make meatloaf - it comes out so moist and juicy! I'm attaching a file with some Fluted Pan recipes.

HTH!

Mary

Attachments

• Fluted Pan recipes.doc
    39.5 KB · Views: 500

What is the difference between a Fluted Pan and a Medium Bar Pan?

A Fluted Pan is a baking pan with ridged edges, while a Medium Bar Pan is a flat baking pan with straight edges. The ridged edges of a Fluted Pan create a decorative pattern on baked goods, while the straight edges of a Medium Bar Pan are better for creating clean, uniform cuts.

Which pan should I use for baking cakes?

Both the Fluted Pan and the Medium Bar Pan can be used for baking cakes. The decision ultimately depends on the type of cake and the desired presentation. A Fluted Pan is ideal for bundt cakes or cakes that require a decorative edge, while a Medium Bar Pan is better for sheet cakes or cakes that will be cut into squares.

Can I use a Fluted Pan for savory dishes?

Yes, a Fluted Pan can be used for both sweet and savory dishes. It is especially useful for making quiches, tarts, and other savory pies. The ridged edges of the pan help create a flaky crust, while also adding a decorative touch to the dish.

Is the Fluted Pan non-stick?

Yes, our Fluted Pan is made with a non-stick coating to make it easier to release baked goods from the pan. This also makes it easier to clean and maintain the pan for future use.

Which pan is better for baking cookies?

Both the Fluted Pan and the Medium Bar Pan can be used for baking cookies. It ultimately depends on the type of cookie and desired presentation. A Fluted Pan is great for creating decorative edges on cookies, while a Medium Bar Pan is better for creating evenly sized and shaped cookies.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• frozenchef
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
Replies
Views
Jolie_Paradoxe
  • chefkacey
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies