1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Fluted pan apple ideas?

1. I have a host that has requested a dessert using apples. Is there any cake that works in the micro in the fluted pan using apples?

Apr 10, 2009
  2. c00p

c00p Veteran Member Gold Member

I don't see why you couldn't do the Quick Apple Crisp in the fluted pan......

Quick Apple Crisp
    5 Granny Smith apples
    1 pkg. (9 oz.) yellow cake mix
    2 tbsp. sugar
    *1 tbsp. Panty Cinnamon Plus
    ¼ c. butter (room temp.)
    ½ c. pecans

Using the A/P/C/S do the apples and then quarter them and layer in the bottom. Chop pecans using Food Chopper. Melt butter in the small micro cooker. Combine cake mix, sugar, cinnamon plus, butter and pecans in Classic Batter Bowl and combine until crumbly. Pour over top of cake mix and microwave for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.

Yummm.....I'm thinking I need some now and with vanilla ice cream!!

Here's another one that's very similar, but different enough!

Mom's Apple Crisp
    Ingredients:
    4-6 Granny Smith apples
    8 graham crackers (2 1/2 x 5 inches), finely chopped
    3/4 cup packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup all-purpose flour
    1/2 cup quick or old-fashioned oats
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
    1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
    Whipped cream or ice cream (optional)

Directions:
    1. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apples in half; place in Deep Dish Baker. (don't see why you couldn't use fluted stone)

2. Finely chop graham crackers using Food Chopper; place in Classic Batter Bowl. Add brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well. Place butter in Small Micro-Cooker(R); microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until melted. Add butter; mix well.

3. Sprinkle graham cracker mixture evenly over apples. Microwave on HIGH 12-15 minutes or until apples are tender, rotating dish after 6 minutes. Cool slightly; serve warm topped with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
    Apr 10, 2009
Have something to add?