• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cleaning Tips for Flour/Sugar Shaker - Is it Dishwasher Safe?

In summary, all flour/sugar shakers from this company are dishwasher safe, and it is recommended to clean them after each use with hot water and dish soap. A special cleaning brush is also available for the mesh screen.
kspry
Hi, I just got a flour/sugar shaker.

Is it dishwasher safe? The "How to Clean" section on the product insert just repeats the "How to Use" info.

Also, where would I tell home office they need to fix the product insert that customers get?

Thanks.

Send a note to the test kitchen about the Use and care card being unclear.

The PIG page for that item indicates:
Wash in an automatic dishwasher positioned away from the heating element or by hand in warm, soapy water. Dry thoroughly before use.

In mine it says Cleaning: All parts may be washed in the top rack of the dishwasher, or by hand.

HTH

My Use and care has cleaning instructions, but I've had it awhile, so they may have changed it.

Took me a minute to figure out what PIG meant! OK, so it has the correct infor on Consultant's Corner.

They must have changed it - my insert states

How to Clean
Unscrew ring, remove the screen, and fill with desired contents. Replace screen and ring; screw on the ring to tighten securly. Turn the shaker over and shake out desired amount.

I'll send an email to the test kitchens. Thanks!

1. Can I put my flour/sugar shaker in the dishwasher?

Yes, all of our flour/sugar shakers are dishwasher safe. Simply remove the lid and place both the shaker and lid on the top rack of your dishwasher for easy cleaning.

2. How often should I clean my flour/sugar shaker?

We recommend cleaning your shaker after each use to prevent any build-up of flour or sugar. This will ensure that your shaker remains in good condition and is ready for use whenever you need it.

3. Can I use hot water to clean my flour/sugar shaker?

Yes, you can use hot water to clean your shaker. However, we recommend allowing the shaker to cool down before washing it to prevent any warping or damage to the plastic.

4. Is there a special brush I should use to clean the mesh screen on my shaker?

We offer a special cleaning brush designed specifically for our flour/sugar shakers. It has soft bristles that are gentle on the mesh screen and will effectively remove any flour or sugar particles.

5. Can I use soap to clean my flour/sugar shaker?

Yes, you can use dish soap to clean your shaker. Be sure to rinse it thoroughly with hot water afterwards to remove any soap residue.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• DebinNC
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
jestframes
  • pchefinski
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
vwpamperedchef
  • jbdowd0798