1. Pampered Chef relies on relationships and communication. How are you managing your business in the wake of Coronavirus and social distancing? Discuss here
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Bookings Flopping customers

1. pampered_rae

pampered_rae Member Gold Member

I have a pretty loyal (or so I thought) customer that wanted to do a show with me and she keeps "not being" home so I can't give her a host packet, plus she hasn't set a concrete dae with me. So she said she would do a catalog show. I have her stuff ready and waiting for her.
    And then I run into her at the store and she says oh I'm sorry I haven't gotten with you but I will!"
    Come to find out she is hosting a Party with someone else instead.
    I just wanted to vent because I hate it when that happens to me. It's happened before. It really makes me think, maybe I am doing something wrong and I am not good at this whole thing, because clearly people don't want to host with me.

Mar 26, 2009
  2. ChefMary412

ChefMary412 Advanced Member

It is probably not you. Sometimes people find a consultant that is a relative, or relative of a best friend. And then then think of it as a favor to their friend. Keep your chin up!

Mar 26, 2009
  3. raebates

raebates Legend Member Staff Member

I'm with ChefMary. It's probably someone who is a close friend or relative. It happens.

That said, if you really feel it may be something you're doing, don't be afraid to ask. Sit down and compose a friendly note or email asking why she made the choice to switch. You could say something along the lines of:

You might not get a response back, but it's worth the effort if you're afraid it's something you're doing.

Mar 26, 2009
  4. candiejayne

candiejayne Veteran Member

I have a lady at work who wants to do a show, but her SIL is my upline. She doesn't want to have a show with her, but she is afraid if she has it with me she is going to step on toes. I told her to just have it with her SIL so she can benefit from all the free stuff that she deserves from all that she purchases from both of us. She feels bad for just ordering from one of us, so she always places 2 orders, one with each of us. I feel bad for her. I keep telling her it's ok, that she doesn't have to order from me, but she continues to.

If it is the case of knowing someone who is related to a PC we just have to take a deep breath and move on. If it's not, well... we could just say her loss! lol

Mar 26, 2009
  5. missyciccolella

missyciccolella Advanced Member

Take the high road...tell her as long as her needs are being met. Not really what you want to say, but you know there is always more biz around the corner!

6. KellyRedHead

KellyRedHead Advanced Member

Maybe she had a friend that had a show and she felt she needed to book so the friend could get the benefits .

I have been calling a past host to do a show and we decided to hold off until after the 1st of the year, she was getting a new home.
    Well I called her and a friend, who wasn't at her last show I did, had a PC show recently with another consultant and asked her to book so she could get the benefits for the following month.

So it may not be you at all.

Kelly V :chef:

Mar 26, 2009
  7. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

Just an FYI Kelly--the booking benefit follows the host, so even though your customer booked off her friends show with the other consultant, she could still do the show with you adn her friend/past host would still get the benefit.

Mar 26, 2009
  8. KellyRedHead

KellyRedHead Advanced Member

Thank you Deb! I was not aware of that! Learn something new everyday :D:D

I will give my friend (past host) a call to see what happened, but also will be discrete, I don't want to step on anyones toes!

Kelly V.

Mar 26, 2009
  9. baychef

baychef Senior Member Silver Member

For me, I have consentrated more on my team and don't have time to do the shows I used to. If you do grow a team, get used to this because it will happen a lot. It may be no reflection on you what so ever. They just book from a friend or relative and think they have to stay with the consultant that did the party.

There is so much more business out there. And I live in a rural area too.
    And P.S. it still stings every time, but the faster I get by it, the better my business is.

Mar 26, 2009
Have something to add?