• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flopping Customers: How to Deal with Disloyal Clients in Direct Sales

In summary, the customer wanted to do a show with the consultant, but the consultant ran into the customer at the store and the customer said she was sorry but she would do a catalog show instead. The consultant told the customer she was welcome to host a show with her, but the customer said she was afraid she would step on toes. The consultant told the customer to have the show with her SIL so the customer could benefit from the free stuff that she had purchased from both of them in the past.
pampered_rae
Gold Member
I have a pretty loyal (or so I thought) customer that wanted to do a show with me and she keeps "not being" home so I can't give her a host packet, plus she hasn't set a concrete dae with me. So she said she would do a catalog show. I have her stuff ready and waiting for her.
And then I run into her at the store and she says oh I'm sorry I haven't gotten with you but I will!"
Come to find out she is hosting a Party with someone else instead.
I just wanted to vent because I hate it when that happens to me. It's happened before. It really makes me think, maybe I am doing something wrong and I am not good at this whole thing, because clearly people don't want to host with me.

It is probably not you. Sometimes people find a consultant that is a relative, or relative of a best friend. And then then think of it as a favor to their friend. Keep your chin up!

I'm with ChefMary. It's probably someone who is a close friend or relative. It happens. That said, if you really feel it may be something you're doing, don't be afraid to ask. Sit down and compose a friendly note or email asking why she made the choice to switch. You could say something along the lines of:
I've valued you as a customer. I understand you recently hosted a Pampered Chef party with another consultant. That's just fine. I was curious, though, to know if there's something I've done (or haven't done) to cause you to host with someone else.Again, there are truly no hard feelings. I'm just trying to make sure I'm doing all I can to serve my customers to the best of my ability. Thank you for your input.
You might not get a response back, but it's worth the effort if you're afraid it's something you're doing.

I have a lady at work who wants to do a show, but her SIL is my upline. She doesn't want to have a show with her, but she is afraid if she has it with me she is going to step on toes. I told her to just have it with her SIL so she can benefit from all the free stuff that she deserves from all that she purchases from both of us. She feels bad for just ordering from one of us, so she always places 2 orders, one with each of us. I feel bad for her. I keep telling her it's ok, that she doesn't have to order from me, but she continues to.

If it is the case of knowing someone who is related to a PC we just have to take a deep breath and move on. If it's not, well... we could just say her loss! lol

Take the high road...tell her as long as her needs are being met. Not really what you want to say, but you know there is always more biz around the corner!

Maybe she had a friend that had a show and she felt she needed to book so the friend could get the benefits .

I have been calling a past host to do a show and we decided to hold off until after the 1st of the year, she was getting a new home.
Well I called her and a friend, who wasn't at her last show I did, had a PC show recently with another consultant and asked her to book so she could get the benefits for the following month.

So it may not be you at all.

Kelly V :chef:

Just an FYI Kelly--the booking benefit follows the host, so even though your customer booked off her friends show with the other consultant, she could still do the show with you adn her friend/past host would still get the benefit.

Thank you Deb! I was not aware of that! Learn something new everyday :D:D

I will give my friend (past host) a call to see what happened, but also will be discrete, I don't want to step on anyones toes!

Kelly V.

missyciccolella said:
Take the high road...tell her as long as her needs are being met. Not really what you want to say, but you know there is always more biz around the corner!

For me, I have consentrated more on my team and don't have time to do the shows I used to. If you do grow a team, get used to this because it will happen a lot. It may be no reflection on you what so ever. They just book from a friend or relative and think they have to stay with the consultant that did the party.

There is so much more business out there. And I live in a rural area too.
And P.S. it still stings every time, but the faster I get by it, the better my business is.

1. How do I handle a customer who constantly cancels or reschedules orders?

First, it's important to understand why the customer is canceling or rescheduling. Reach out to them and ask for their feedback. Once you have a better understanding, try to accommodate their needs by offering alternative dates or products. If the issue persists, it may be best to suggest they take a break from ordering until they are ready to commit.

2. What should I do if a customer complains about the product or service?

Take the complaint seriously and apologize for any inconvenience. Offer a solution, such as a replacement or refund, to make things right. Follow up with the customer to ensure their satisfaction and address any further concerns they may have.

3. How do I handle a customer who constantly asks for discounts or special deals?

Be upfront about your pricing and policies from the beginning. If a customer continues to ask for discounts, politely remind them of the value of the products and the fair pricing offered. You can also offer them alternative options or bundles to help them save money without compromising your business.

4. What should I do if a customer is consistently late paying for their orders?

Set clear expectations for payment at the start of the ordering process. If a customer is consistently late, reach out to them and remind them of the payment policy. Offer alternative payment methods or a payment plan if necessary. If the issue continues, consider removing credit options or requiring upfront payment.

5. How do I handle a customer who is no longer interested in the products or services?

Thank them for their past business and ask for feedback to understand why they are no longer interested. If it's a simple matter of loss of interest, respect their decision and thank them for their support. If they have concerns or issues, try to address them and offer alternative solutions. Leave the door open for future business if they ever change their mind.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• krzymomof4
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
StephsKitchen
  • kaylasmommy12605
  • Pampered Chef Bookings
Replies
Views
PChefPEI
  • MrsNetNut404