• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flipping Cakes? Struggling with the Family Skillet and Platter?

In summary, to prevent pancakes from sticking to the skillet, make sure to properly grease the skillet and avoid flipping them too early. To flip pancakes without making a mess, use a spatula and flip gently. You will know it's time to flip when bubbles form and the edges look dry. You can use the same skillet for both pancakes and omelets, just remember to wipe it clean between uses. To transfer pancakes without them falling apart, carefully lift and slide them onto a platter using a spatula or pie server.
pcjulie
Am I the only person who has a hard time flipping cakes out of the Family Skillet onto the Large Square Platter with the hot pad/trivet? I can't get a good grip on the skillet and platter, I usuallly end up burning myself, and the cake is off-center 99% of the time. I was going to buy the hot pad or mitt, but now they're being discontinued. Any suggestions?

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

me tooI made the Angel Almond Skillet. I did a practice one at home and I just had to invert it on a plate even though the recipe said not too. It turned out fine. I had a party at my mother-in-laws house yesterday, both of had to do it. I held the pan with two hands and she slid it out. It came out perfect. :D Laura

It's easier for me to invert it onto the New Traditions Round Platter (unfortunately, it's now a discontinued item!!) :(

I don't have the square platter, so I flip my skillet cakes onto my large round stone. Works just fine!

I will still use my oven mitts even though they are being retired. They are the things that first hooked me on PC!

Hi Julie,I completely understand your struggle with flipping cakes out of the Family Skillet onto the Large Square Platter. It can be a tricky task, especially with the hot pad/trivet. Have you tried using a pair of tongs or a large spatula to help you grip the skillet and platter? This can provide more control and prevent any burns. Another tip is to lightly grease the platter before flipping the cake onto it, as this can help it slide off more easily. As for the discontinuation of the hot pad or mitt, I would suggest looking into our other heat-resistant tools, such as the Silicone Oven Mitt or the Silicone Oven Grip. These can also provide a good grip and protect your hands from the heat. I hope these suggestions help, and please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. Happy cooking!

1. How do I prevent my pancakes from sticking to the skillet?

To prevent sticking, make sure to properly grease your skillet before cooking. You can use oil, butter, or cooking spray. Also, avoid flipping the pancakes too early and make sure they are fully cooked before attempting to flip them.

2. What is the best way to flip a pancake without making a mess?

The key to flipping pancakes without making a mess is to use a spatula and to flip them gently and slowly. Make sure to slide the spatula all the way under the pancake before lifting it. You can also lightly shake the skillet to loosen the pancake before flipping.

3. How do I know when it's time to flip my pancakes?

You will know it's time to flip your pancakes when you see bubbles forming on the surface and the edges start to look dry. You can also gently lift the edge of the pancake with a spatula to check if it's golden brown before flipping.

4. Can I use the same skillet for both pancakes and omelets?

Yes, you can use the same skillet for both pancakes and omelets. Just make sure to wipe it clean between uses to prevent any leftover batter from burning and affecting the flavor of your omelet.

5. How can I easily transfer my pancakes to a platter without them falling apart?

To easily transfer your pancakes to a platter, use a spatula to carefully lift and slide them onto the platter. You can also use a pie server or a large flat spatula if you have trouble with smaller pancakes breaking apart.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• pcjulie
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
Staci
  • babywings76
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
AnnieBee
  • ChefPaulaB