• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Flipping Cakes

pcjulie

Aug 16, 2005
Am I the only person who has a hard time flipping cakes out of the Family Skillet onto the Large Square Platter with the hot pad/trivet? I can't get a good grip on the skillet and platter, I usuallly end up burning myself, and the cake is off-center 99% of the time. I was going to buy the hot pad or mitt, but now they're being discontinued. Any suggestions?

Julie Myers
Denver, PA

Laura1293

Novice Member
Jul 8, 2005
me too

I made the Angel Almond Skillet. I did a practice one at home and I just had to invert it on a plate even though the recipe said not too. It turned out fine. I had a party at my mother-in-laws house yesterday, both of had to do it. I held the pan with two hands and she slid it out. It came out perfect. :D Laura

cat

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Jan 1, 2006
It's easier for me to invert it onto the New Traditions Round Platter (unfortunately, it's now a discontinued item!!) :(

DebbieJ

Legend Member
Oct 6, 2005
I don't have the square platter, so I flip my skillet cakes onto my large round stone. Works just fine!

I will still use my oven mitts even though they are being retired. They are the things that first hooked me on PC!