• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Urgent Flipping the Lava Cake: Tips for Serving a Perfectly Plated Dessert

In summary, "Flip the Lava Cake" is a delicious dessert made with a rich chocolate cake and a gooey molten center, baked and then flipped over to serve. It requires our exclusive ceramic stoneware and Lava Cake Mix. The recipe cannot be made with a different type of stoneware for the best results. Flavors can be customized and the stoneware can be cleaned either by hand or in the dishwasher.
sandilou
Silver Member
I'm making the Lava Cake for my party at church tonight. What's it like if you flip it on a plater. Is a pretty or messy looking? Or should I just serve it out of the DCB?

TIA!
Sandi

Serve it from the dcb.....it's not a pretty sight if you flip it, lol....

Serve it out of the baker for sure. I had a consultant try it flipped and made a BIG mess in the process, needless to say she was pretty embarrassed.

Not only is it messy, when it's still warm the icing bubbles like lava-hence "lava" cake -and that in itself sells them on it.

I keep meaning to try it in the DCB, I always do it in the Rice Cooker Plus and when I flip it and they see all the hot icing dripping down the sides and the middle of it overflowing with icing I get all the ohhhh and ahhhhs

Hahahaha! That's what I thought, but I thought I'd better check! It will stay warmer longer, too. Thanks for the quick response!!

Sandi

I flipped it once and decided I'd never do it again. lol At least not for the chocolate lava cake--maybe if it was the pineapple upside down cake or something more decorative like that. It's nice in the baker because the baker is pretty, keeps it warmer longer, and then you can just put the lid back on to save the left-overs (if you're at home and there are any left-overs anyway...) ;)

1. What is "Flip the Lava Cake"?

"Flip the Lava Cake" is a decadent dessert that is made in our exclusive ceramic stoneware. It consists of a rich chocolate cake with a gooey molten center that is flipped upside down to serve.

2. How do I make "Flip the Lava Cake"?

To make "Flip the Lava Cake," you will need our ceramic stoneware and our Lava Cake Mix. Simply follow the instructions on the mix package, pour the batter into the stoneware, and bake in the oven. Once done, flip the stoneware over onto a plate and enjoy!

3. Can I use a different type of stoneware to make "Flip the Lava Cake"?

No, our "Flip the Lava Cake" recipe is specifically designed to be made in our ceramic stoneware. This ensures the perfect texture and consistency of the cake.

4. Can I customize the flavors of "Flip the Lava Cake"?

Yes, you can use a different type of cake mix or add your own ingredients like nuts or chocolate chips to customize the flavor of "Flip the Lava Cake." Just be sure to adjust the baking time accordingly.

5. How do I clean the stoneware after making "Flip the Lava Cake"?

Our stoneware is dishwasher safe, but we recommend hand washing with warm soapy water to ensure its longevity. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive sponges to clean the stoneware.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Alanna1
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
raebates
Replies
Views
redsoxgirl
Replies
Views
PamperedSD