• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Top Tips for Setting Up a Successful Flea Market Booth - A Beginner's Guide

people...enter to win a $50 PC gift certificate...of course no one really wins....I know that sounds awful but this is done all the time. They have to fill out the survey slip completely to enter. Trust me - you will get a ton of leads this way. When the show is over throw away all the ones that say "NO" - not interested. Keep the YES & Maybe people and give them a call.
PamperedPenny
I'm doing my first flea market/festival this weekend and would love some suggestions for what types of things I should bring with me (products, paperwork, posters, etc...) Also, if anyone has any quick ideas for things I can do to draw attention to the table, I would appreciate that as well. I was thinking of making an 11x17 poster and putting it on foam core, but I'm not sure what to put on it. Thank you in advance for your ideas.

How about a sign that says "60% off" (I have one in bright yellow and one in bright orange, 11x17 foam core mounted that I use at fairs and sometimes large shows) and put it next to the Woven Selections (if you have them) and then when people ask about it, that is your que to talk about hosting a show.

Bring old catalogs, new products and make sure that you have the BBQ stuff there as well.

soonerchef said:
How about a sign that says "60% off" (I have one in bright yellow and one in bright orange, 11x17 foam core mounted that I use at fairs and sometimes large shows) and put it next to the Woven Selections (if you have them) and then when people ask about it, that is your que to talk about hosting a show.
That's a great idea!

If you plan to do several of these fairs and other booths this summer, I'd recommend investing some time (and some $$ although it won't be much) to make one of those tri-fold foam core poster boards. I did this and I'm SO happy I did. THe most work you'll put into it is just when you first make it, then you can just update certain information when needed. I did a border with that bulletin board border teachers use in the classroom. One of the sides has our wedding registry info with some cute raised stickers and embellishments made for scrapbooking. I put some oppty stuff on there, pictures of incentive trip destinations and fundraiser stuff. The other "side" is where I'll change out the monthly host specials, special offers I may be doing and things like that. Oh and in the middle, centered at the top I put a copy of that high resolution logo someone posted here once. That looks really sharp and if you don't have a PC banner for your table, you'll definitely want something to stand out that says who you are.

Those are my suggestions. :)

Thanks so much for the ideas Becky and Sooner. I think I will go to Michael's today and get one of those tri-fold things and some cute things to decorate it with. I was thinking of using the Patriotic Tablecloth over the table. I guess I should invest in a Pampered Chef banner...where can I get one of those with the official logo?

Thanks again!

PamperedPenny said:
Thanks so much for the ideas Becky and Sooner. I think I will go to Michael's today and get one of those tri-fold things and some cute things to decorate it with. I was thinking of using the Patriotic Tablecloth over the table. I guess I should invest in a Pampered Chef banner...where can I get one of those with the official logo?

Thanks again!

The only place I know of is Merrills...

I tried to do a show last weekend but had to close down early because my mom passed away. I am looking for ideas to get better for the next opportunity in August. I amnot sure I understand the 'tri-fold foam core poster boards' Could you give me a few more details.

Thanks, Kathy

Kathytnt said:
I tried to do a show last weekend but had to close down early because my mom passed away. I am looking for ideas to get better for the next opportunity in August. I amnot sure I understand the 'tri-fold foam core poster boards' Could you give me a few more details.

Thanks, Kathy

I am just jumping on to say I am so sorry for your loss.

Make a sign that says "enter to win a $50 PC gift certificate"....of course no one really wins....I know that sounds awful but this is done all the time. They have to fill out the survey slip completely to enter. Trust me - you will get a ton of leads this way. When the show is over throw away all the ones that say "NO" - not interested. Keep the YES & Maybe people and give them a call.
I made the sign in MSWord - nice and colorful, huge big font, and put it in a lucite type frame. It works everytime.

Lost of great ideas!! I like the poster board idea alot!

You definitely need to have SOMETHING to let people know your booth is PC. Even a sign will help.

People at flea markets LOVE cash and carry (bring lots of Season's Best and little, cheap things) and hate to enter drawings! If you can chat someone up, however, ask them for their name and phone number all the same.

And I disagree on the "no" on a prize slip ... if people enter a free cooking show drawing, they're interested!

1. What types of products should I sell at a flea market booth?

When deciding what to sell at a flea market booth, it's important to consider the location and target audience of the market. Generally, items that are unique, handmade, or vintage tend to do well at flea markets. Some popular products include jewelry, home decor, clothing, and handmade crafts.

2. How should I price my products?

Pricing can be tricky at flea markets, as you want to make a profit but also be competitive with other vendors. It's a good idea to research prices of similar items and then price yours slightly lower. You can also offer special deals or discounts for multiple purchases to attract customers.

3. What are some tips for setting up an eye-catching booth display?

When setting up your booth, it's important to create an inviting and visually appealing display. Use colorful tablecloths, interesting props, and signage to draw attention. Organize your products in a way that makes them easy to browse and touch. And don't forget to have good lighting to showcase your products.

4. How can I attract customers to my booth?

Aside from having an eye-catching display, there are a few other ways to attract customers to your booth. Offer samples or demonstrations of your products, have a sign-up sheet for a mailing list or social media page, and be friendly and engaging with customers who pass by.

5. What are some essential items to bring to a flea market booth?

In addition to your products, there are a few essential items you should bring to a flea market booth. These include a cash box with enough change, business cards or flyers, packaging materials, a tablecloth or covering, and any necessary tools for setting up and displaying your products.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • FHL
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
PamperChefCarol
  • Intrepid_Chef
  • Pampered Chef Sales
Replies