1. Join Chef Success Today!
    Get support for your PC business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of support threads! Totally Free!
    Dismiss Notice

Pampered Chef: Flambé in Executive?

1. erin.tpc

erin.tpc Novice Member

Hello all! I could use some input. My dad called asking me about flambéing Cherries Jubilee & which type of cookware he should use. He was wondering if he could use the non stick...but I was truly stumped. I should know the answer to this, but I'm probably thinking too hard! :blushing:

I checked the use & care cards, but don't see anything about not using a flame in the Executive. I've also looked around online & have gotten conflicting answers - some "no" & some "no problem." I placed a call in to the Solution Center, but was just curious what you thought before I hear back from them...in 3 to 4 hours. Any knowledge would be great! Thank you!

Mar 20, 2009
  2. peichef

peichef Veteran Member

I wouldn't. Use & care indicates only to use the Exec cookware at low to (at max) med-high heat. I know the flame is actually on the cookware, but is on the alcohol on the surface, but it would still make me nervous. I'd to it with SS.

Mar 20, 2009
  3. wadesgirl

wadesgirl Legend Member Gold Member

I would say no since it cannot handle heat above 400 degrees and you don't know how hot the actual flame will get.

Mar 20, 2009
  4. DebbieJ

DebbieJ Legend Member

I'd go Stainless FOR SURE.

Mar 20, 2009
  5. erin.tpc

erin.tpc Novice Member

Thanks ladies! That's what I thought. Just spoke with HO & she wouldn't recommend it either. Now I know! :)

Mar 20, 2009
Have something to add?