• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Dealing with Flaky Hosts: Tips for Avoiding Cancellations and Rescheduling

In summary, the host continuously rescheduled her show last year and I blessed and released her. Well, she came to another show in late November and booked for March 3. Now she's saying that she can't have her show because she has so much going on later in March. I asked if she wanted to stick to her early date to get it done before she gets busy, she says no. She doesn't want to reschedule (I didn't offer for her to) because she doesn't want for me to be counting on it and then have her cancel (uhh, isn't that what has just happened!!??).
Paige Dixon
I have a host who continually reschuduled her show last year and I blessed and released her. Well, she came to another show in late November and booked for March 3. Now she's saying that she can't have her show because she has so much going on later in March. I asked if she wanted to stick to her early date to get it done before she gets busy, she says no. She doesn't want to reschedule (I didn't offer for her to) because she doesn't want for me to be counting on it and then have her cancel (uhh, isn't that what has just happened!!??)

I'm thinking I should require a $50 cash deposit the next time she wants to book a show...

Offer an "easier" show for people with busy lives - a catalog show! Make sure you tell her that you need name, address, phone and email info from EACH customer so you can do your job fully. Good luck! Maybe nothing will come out of it, maybe you'll get some great contacts and future bookings from her guests.

On another thread we were talking about sending out invitations for hosts. Someone remarked that they tell their hosts that if they don't get the guest list a MONTH before the show, that date was up for grabs.

Ugh!! That stinks.

IS she maybe just booking a show because she thinks she is helping the current host out. I find that a lot! Someone will book and think she is helping the host, and then doesn't have the guts to tell me she really doesn't want to do the show.
If they would just listen during the show when I talk about the booking benefit they would realize that they aren't helping unless they actually hold the show!!!! DUH!!!!!!! sorry....just had to get that out.

1. How can I avoid dealing with flaky hosts and their constant rescheduling?

To avoid dealing with flaky hosts, it is important to set clear expectations and guidelines from the beginning. Make sure to communicate your policies regarding cancellations and rescheduling, and stick to them consistently. Additionally, consider requiring a deposit or payment upfront to confirm the booking and discourage last-minute changes.

2. How do I handle a host who continually reschedules their show?

If a host continually reschedules their show, it is important to have a direct conversation with them. Express your concerns and the impact their behavior has on your schedule and business. Consider setting boundaries and consequences for future cancellations or rescheduling.

3. Is it appropriate to "bless and release" a flaky host who cancels or reschedules frequently?

Blessing and releasing a flaky host is a personal decision. However, it is important to consider the potential impact on your business and reputation. If you do choose to bless and release a host, make sure to communicate your decision professionally and respectfully.

4. What should I do if a host cancels or reschedules last minute?

If a host cancels or reschedules last minute, it is important to address the situation calmly and professionally. Communicate your policies and expectations, and consider rescheduling or canceling the show if necessary. It may also be appropriate to charge a fee for last-minute changes.

5. Should I require a deposit or payment from a flaky host when booking their show?

Requiring a deposit or payment from a flaky host can help ensure their commitment to the show and discourage last-minute changes. Consider implementing this policy for all hosts to avoid potential issues in the future.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• MrsTLC
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
raebates
  • alabama pc cons.
  • Pampered Chef Shows
Replies
Views
alabama pc cons.
  • pcsharon1