• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing a Misaligned Cookie Scoop: Easy DIY Solution

In summary, to fix a cookie scoop that is not scooping properly, clean it and adjust the size or spray it with cooking oil. To prevent a cookie scoop from getting stuck, grease it with cooking oil or chill the dough before scooping. To avoid leaving a mess on the baking sheet, dust the scoop with flour or powdered sugar or use a different type of dough. If the handle is loose, tighten the screw or contact customer service for a replacement. The cookie scoop is dishwasher safe, but it is recommended to hand wash and dry it after use.
wadesgirl
Gold Member
I know I read on here a long time ago about how to fix a cookie scoop that the "blade" is out of position. Anyone have this information so I can pass it along to a customer?

Oh poo, it happens to ours too? I was just about to replace my grocery store one with a PC one. I probably will anyway, but that was precisely how I was going to justify it! That the blade wouldn't come out of position like mine has!

I found this in an old thread:Repair stainless steel scoop1. Take a pair of pliers and bend the little keeper metal at the
bottom of the handle back just far enough so you can adjust the
ratchet.
This is the piece at the very bottom that keeps the ratchet piece
from coming out.2. Then you move the ratchet piece (with the teeth) off of the
ratchet wheel to the place where the medal swing inside the scoop is back
into position.3. Once there you have to bend the keeper back into place. You want
to get it as snug as you can so that it doesn't come out of alignment again.

Thank you so much!

Ok, now can someone tell me what the different sizes are good for? I am sure the info is on here somewhere, but I have been searching and haven't found it yet.

Small is great for the mini muffin pan or meatballs - was also used as a melon baller before the made the Core and More
Medium is great for filling the EAD, cookies and larger meatballs.
Large makes cupcakes and 2 scoops makes the perfect pancakes for us.That's all I know for now!

1. How do I fix my cookie scoop if it's not scooping properly?

First, make sure the scoop is clean and free of any debris that could be blocking the mechanism. If it's still not working, try adjusting the size using the dial on the handle. You can also try spraying the scoop with cooking oil to help it glide more easily.

2. My cookie scoop keeps getting stuck. How can I prevent this?

One possible solution is to grease the inside of the scoop with cooking oil before using it. This will help the dough slide out more smoothly. You can also try chilling the dough before scooping to make it firmer and easier to release from the scoop.

3. The cookie scoop is leaving a mess on my baking sheet. How can I fix this?

This could be due to the dough being too sticky. You can try dusting the scoop with flour or powdered sugar before scooping to help prevent sticking. You can also try using a different type of dough or refrigerating the dough before scooping.

4. The handle on my cookie scoop is loose. How do I tighten it?

If the handle is loose, you can use a small screwdriver to tighten the screw that holds the handle in place. If the screw is missing or damaged, please contact our customer service for a replacement.

5. Can I put my cookie scoop in the dishwasher?

Yes, our cookie scoops are dishwasher safe. However, we recommend hand washing and drying them immediately after use to prolong their lifespan.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
Staci
  • Shari in TX
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Shari in TX
Replies
Views
ShellBeach