• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing Scoop Sizes for Broken Scoops - Troubleshooting Tips and Tricks

In summary, if your scoop is broken, it is best to contact customer service for a replacement or repair solution. Avoid attempting to sharpen a dull scoop and instead purchase a new one for safety reasons. To clean and maintain your scoop, wash it with warm soapy water and avoid abrasive cleaners. The scoop can be used for both hot and cold foods, but be sure to clean it thoroughly between uses. If your scoop is not working properly, contact customer service for assistance.
ChefLisa
Hi all!

I thought I saw directions on how to fix the small, medium and large scoop during the past couple of days, but now I can not find them. If anyone has them, would you please direct me to the correct posting or add them again. I have a customer with a broken scoop that is out of warranty.

Thanks!
Lisa

I am bumpting this up and hoping someone answers because this seems to be an ongoing problem with the scoops. I broke mine the first time I used it. My host this week has to return one she has only used a couple of times. I know WHY it happens, now. It comes from squeezing the handle while you are scooping. Now I am really careful not to do that and my new one has been fine.

Found it on another board1. To take a pair of pliers and bend the little keeper metal at the bottom of the handle back just
far enough so you can adjust the ratchet. This is the piece at the very bottom that keeps
the ratchet piece from coming out.
2. Then you move the ratchet piece (with the teeth) off of the ratchet wheel to the place where
the medal swing inside the scoop is back into position.
3. Once there you have to bend the keeper back into place. You want to get it as snug as you
can so that it doesn't come out of alignment again.

I have not tried to fix any scoops, so I cannot say if the directions work. However, they are worth a try.

What is the best way to fix a broken scoop?

If your scoop is broken, the first step is to contact our customer service team. They will be able to assist you in finding a replacement or providing a repair solution. In the meantime, you can try using a strong adhesive to reattach any broken pieces. However, we recommend using a new scoop for safety reasons.

Can I sharpen a dull scoop?

No, our scoops are not designed to be sharpened. Attempting to do so may damage the scoop and render it unusable. If your scoop is dull, we recommend purchasing a new one for the best results.

How do I clean and maintain my scoop?

To clean your scoop, simply wash it with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly. Avoid using abrasive cleaners or scrubbers as they may damage the scoop. If your scoop is dishwasher safe, you can also clean it on the top rack of your dishwasher. To maintain your scoop, ensure it is stored in a dry place and avoid exposing it to extreme temperatures.

Can I use my scoop for both hot and cold foods?

Yes, our scoops are designed to be used with both hot and cold foods. However, we recommend avoiding extremely hot or cold temperatures to prolong the lifespan of your scoop. Additionally, if you are using your scoop for both hot and cold foods, be sure to thoroughly clean it between uses.

What should I do if my scoop is not working properly?

If your scoop is not working as expected, it may be due to a malfunction or damage. Please contact our customer service team for assistance. They will be able to troubleshoot the issue and provide a solution, whether it be a replacement or repair.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
Dina Atnip
  • StacieB
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
baychef
  • shelly.nurse