• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Fixing a Stuck Medium Scoop - Info Needed

In summary, to fix a stuck medium scoop, you can try running it under hot water or using a small amount of cooking oil to loosen the mechanism. A medium scoop can get stuck from food particles or not properly cleaning it after use. It is best to use a cooking oil specifically designed for kitchen tools. It is recommended to clean the scoop after each use to prevent it from getting stuck. If the scoop is still stuck, try using dish soap and warm water or contact customer service for further assistance.
jennyl
Does anyone have the info about how to fix the medium scoop when the part that swings back and forth sort of pops out so it's stuck up instead of down in the scoop? (Does that make sense?)
I thought I saw this very recently but can't find the info.

Thanks in advance.

I didn't know there was instructions. I just get my husband to use his screwdrivers to switch it back. ???

I don't know of any instructions, either. I just give it to dh and he fixes it. It hasn't happened in a long time, though.

I found this in an old thread:Repair stainless steel scoop1. Take a pair of pliers and bend the little keeper metal at the
bottom of the handle back just far enough so you can adjust the
ratchet.
This is the piece at the very bottom that keeps the ratchet piece
from coming out.2. Then you move the ratchet piece (with the teeth) off of the
ratchet wheel to the place where the medal swing inside the scoop is back
into position.3. Once there you have to bend the keeper back into place. You want
to get it as snug as you can so that it doesn't come out of alignment again.

lol I think I would give it to my BF to fix... he gets everything I break!

I have had a "Backwards" scoop for about 2 years now..... guess i will try to fix it!

Thanks, Keith, that's what I was looking for!

Hi there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your medium scoop. I have some experience with this issue and I might be able to help. It sounds like the hinge on your scoop may have become dislodged or stuck. Here's what I would suggest: first, try gently pushing the hinge back into place. If that doesn't work, you may need to disassemble the scoop and reattach the hinge properly. You can find step-by-step instructions for this in your Pampered Chef consultant manual or on our website under the "Product Help" section. If you're still having trouble, feel free to reach out to me directly and I would be happy to walk you through the process. Best of luck!

1. How do I fix a stuck medium scoop?

To fix a stuck medium scoop, first try running it under hot water for a few seconds to loosen any stuck food particles. If that doesn't work, use a small amount of cooking oil or spray inside the scoop and twist it to help loosen the mechanism.

2. What causes a medium scoop to get stuck?

A medium scoop can get stuck due to food particles getting caught in the mechanism, or from not properly cleaning and drying the scoop after use. Using too much force when scooping can also cause it to get stuck.

3. Can I use any type of oil to fix a stuck medium scoop?

It is best to use a cooking oil or spray specifically designed for use with kitchen tools. Avoid using heavy oils, such as olive or coconut oil, as they can leave a residue and make the problem worse.

4. How often should I clean my medium scoop to prevent it from getting stuck?

It is recommended to clean your medium scoop after each use. This will help prevent any food particles from building up and causing it to get stuck in the future.

5. What should I do if my medium scoop is still stuck after trying these methods?

If your medium scoop is still stuck, try using a small amount of dish soap and warm water to clean the mechanism. If the problem persists, contact Pampered Chef customer service for further assistance or to inquire about a replacement.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• heat123
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
fikibiff
  • jenscookingnow
  • Products and Tips
Replies
Views
LeslieSGI
Replies