• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Should I Go to the Baltimore Conference? Pros & Cons

In summary, if you can afford it, go to the Baltimore conference. It will be helpful for you to see new products and ideas and you will make new friends.
BadGirl
Gold Member
why I should or should not go to the Baltimore conference?

Today is the last day to register (midnight), so I only have a few hours to decide.

I've only been a consultant for just a year, and I'm more of a "casual" hobby kind of consultant. Pampered Chef is NOT my career or my main focus.

But would it be helpful for me to go? I'd have to get a hotel room, but I can cash in some hotel rewards points and likely get a free hotel room, and other expenses are very minimal.

Should I go? I don't go to any of my Team Meetings, nor am I really interested in the whole Wahoo thing....it's just not my deal.

Thanks!

If you can afford it, I'd suggest you go. This will give you an opportunity to see all the new products and ideas that will be coming out in March. That makes you a better sales person no matter what your level of activity.

Also, you'll get a better understanding of how big this business can be -- not necessarily for you but for someone you meet along life's way who could benefit.

Give it a shot.

I agree totally with Jeanine. You may be a hobbyist, but you may meet someone and a Pampered Chef business will change their life. Spring Launch will help you help them.

Definitely go. Like Jeanine said, you'll get a bigger picture of the business. You'll get great tips from the speakers that you can apply to your business. Even if you are at a hobby level, you can always learn something that will make your time more efficient.

Plus, you'll get spring minis and get to see the new products!

NooraK said:
Definitely go. Like Jeanine said, you'll get a bigger picture of the business. You'll get great tips from the speakers that you can apply to your business. Even if you are at a hobby level, you can always learn something that will make your time more efficient.

Plus, you'll get spring minis and get to see the new products!

And a NEW Spring product!

Thank you all for your thoughtful replies. I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on my question.

I was just talking with my husband, trying to come up with daycare options for our son, if I were to take this trip (Baltimore is about 3 hours from me). It seems like DH will be away on work-related travel that week, so me going to the Spring Launch now doesn't seem possible.

And just when I was getting excited about going. :frown:

I hope there is some way you can figure something out! I believe any and all training is something you need to do in this business. You never know when you will hear something that will POP for your business.

I know it is after mid-might your time and I wish I had seen this earlier. I put out a plea around noon CST to ask for help so I could go by asking consultants to buy some of the stuff I had from HWC. You see, I knew that no matter what, I needed to go. I have been a hobbyist to mediocre consultant for 8 years. I am starting on year 9. I lost my job. Never expected it, never thought it could or would happen to me. Now I am forced to take a long look at my life to see where I can go. I now wish I had been paying more attention. It seems I have this wonderful "hobby" that can become my salvation. And you know what? It will only take $50 to get me going. Meetings are my thing. They keep me going. And I will tell you this, even if you never put anything to use that you learn from a meeting, what you will have are friends. There are at least 7 ladies in my up-line to whom I owe a lot. Possibly even my life. Last year I quit. Not because I wanted to but because everything around me was falling a part I could not take it any more. I was suicidal. Those ladies came to my rescue. They reminded me that I did have something. Not my business, but people who cared! Sometimes that is more important than this business itself. But now I have a foot in the door of another opportunity. I do not have to fill out an application to get the job, I don't have to rework my resume. It has already been done. I have 8 years of on the job training. I may no longer have a full time job but now I have a business I can grow and nurture. And it can become my salvation. Baby steps. Just a few. Including one $50 one. You may NEED PC sometime. Be ready for it. I hope you decided to go. Because not only is the investment in your business worth it, the investment you make in yourself is too. Meetings are an eye into yourself. They let you see what you are made of and what you can handle. They grow character and strength. They are much more than information about products, trips and other incentives. Those business tips helped me in my other job. They taught me about tact, humility and other things we all need on a day to day basis. They taught me to be thankful for the little achievements. They taught me to be me. I can never get enough of that!

Last edited:
John, what inspiring words of wisdom! You are right, this business has brought some wonderful people into my life as well. I love going to meetings, I like hearing what others have to say, tips, ideas, etc.
I started this business because I simply wanted more products. The money was a bonus for me. Now, I am working my business to help pay off bills so that we can save for retirement. Through conference and other training I have seen the big picture and what I can help do for my family.
Never underestimate the value of your PC business. Remember, sometimes we get stuck in the same rut but it is up to us to get on a different path.

When my hours were slashed last year, I learned the following:"EVERYBODY needs a lifeline!"While it did not make up for my lost income, it was a good safety net to have, and could have been so much more during that time.I am a hobbyist and that is fine with me. But I also have goals and need motivation. (And minis, and a spring product!) This will be a great place to get it. And it will be fun bonding with other consultants! I hope you were able to go to your meeting and that there was room for you!

1. Should I attend the Baltimore conference?

Attending the Baltimore conference can be a great opportunity to network with other Pampered Chef consultants, learn new skills and techniques, and get inspired by guest speakers and company leaders. However, it is ultimately up to you to decide if the time and financial investment is worth it for your business.

2. What are the pros of attending the Baltimore conference?

Some of the pros of attending the Baltimore conference include the chance to learn from top-performing consultants, get a sneak peek at new products and promotions, and receive valuable training and resources to help grow your business. It can also be a fun and energizing experience to connect with other like-minded individuals in the Pampered Chef community.

3. Are there any cons to attending the Baltimore conference?

One potential con of attending the Baltimore conference is the cost. In addition to the registration fee, you will also need to cover travel expenses and accommodations. It may also take time away from your regular business activities. Additionally, some people may find the conference overwhelming or too fast-paced.

4. Who should attend the Baltimore conference?

The Baltimore conference is open to all Pampered Chef consultants, regardless of experience level. It can be especially beneficial for new consultants who are looking to jumpstart their business and learn from successful leaders. However, even seasoned consultants can benefit from the networking and training opportunities.

5. How do I register for the Baltimore conference?

You can register for the Baltimore conference through the Pampered Chef consultant website. Simply log in to your account, go to the Events section, and select the Baltimore conference. You will then be prompted to complete the registration process and pay the registration fee. Keep in mind that space is limited, so it's best to register as soon as possible.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

Replies
Views
gaddischef
Replies
Views
thebowman
Replies
Views
kittychef
Replies
Views