• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Cooking Fish in a DCB - Has Anyone Tried It?

In summary, the DCB can be used to cook a variety of fish, such as salmon, tilapia, and cod. To prevent sticking, lightly coat the pan with oil or use a layer of vegetables or citrus slices. Cooking time will vary, but a general guideline is 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, with an internal temperature of 145 degrees. Frozen fish can also be cooked in the DCB, but it will require longer cooking time. The DCB should not be used on a grill or open flame, but can be used for marinating fish before grilling.
jross93
I had a guest at last night's show ask me about cooking fish in the DCB. Has anyone tried this? I don't eat fish, so I haven't tried it. I told her I would try to find out for her though. Please share if you've done it!
Thanks!
Jen

I haven't tried it, but I think it would work great! Maybe just do a few minutes at a time, to start, though, until she knows exactly how long it will take to finish cooking (this is assuming she means in the microwave).

yes...she's thinking of the microwave....
Jen

I've made salmon in mine and it was delicious! Here's what I did...I started with this and made some slight modificationshttp://www.therecipeworks.com/printrecipe.php?id=microwave-salmon-with-herb-sauceI cut my fillet (1.5 lb) in 4 pieces, 50% for 5 min (no lid), put the sauce on, 50% for another 5.I used this for the sauce:
1/2 c mayo
1 tsp dill (a good PC would use the PC dill seasoning! ;) )
1 tsp lemon juice
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp saltspread it on w/ the silicone brush of course!
I used most, but not quite all of the sauce

May need to try this. I have yet found anything that I didn't like cooked in the DCB :)

1. Can you cook any type of fish in the DCB?

Yes, you can cook a variety of fish in the DCB, including salmon, tilapia, cod, and more. The key is to adjust the cooking time and temperature based on the type of fish you are using.

2. How do you prevent fish from sticking to the DCB?

To prevent fish from sticking to the DCB, make sure to lightly coat the bottom of the pan with oil or cooking spray. You can also place a layer of vegetables or citrus slices on the bottom of the pan before adding the fish to create a non-stick barrier.

3. How long does it take to cook fish in the DCB?

Cooking time will vary depending on the type and thickness of the fish. As a general rule, fish typically takes about 10-15 minutes to cook in the DCB at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. However, it's best to use a meat thermometer to ensure the fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees before serving.

4. Can I cook frozen fish in the DCB?

Yes, you can cook frozen fish in the DCB, but it will require longer cooking time. It's recommended to thaw the fish first for more even cooking, but if you're short on time, you can add an extra 5-10 minutes to the cooking time for frozen fish.

5. Can I use the DCB to cook fish on the grill or over an open flame?

No, the DCB is not designed to be used over an open flame or on a grill. It's best to use it in the oven or microwave for cooking fish. However, you can use the DCB to marinate fish before grilling for added flavor and tenderness.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• straitfan
  • Recipes and Tips
Replies
Views
straitfan
  • JanisF
  • Pampered Chef Recipes
Replies
Views
Admin Greg
  • jross93