• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Table Talk: Mini Catalogs vs. Full Catalogs

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of mini catalogs vs. full catalogs at booth events. The general consensus is that using mini catalogs is more effective, as it showcases new products and is cost-effective. However, some consultants have had success using full catalogs, as long as they have a system in place for follow-up. It is suggested to put a current catalog in a binder with page protectors and feature a hot new item to keep potential customers engaged and to build relationships with them. Additionally, having a list of displayed items and the April Host Special can also be helpful in attracting and retaining customers at the table. The key is to have a variety of busy items to keep customers interested and to have opportunities to approach them.
ChefMommyof3Boys
hi! :) I am doing my first table and I am super excited about it! I have read through a few of the threads with the advice. I read that using mini catalogs is a good thing to do because it features the new stuff and obviously cost-effective and then if they ask for a full catalog give them one or refer them to my website.. So in your experience, which is better for a table: the full catalog or the mini?

Mini's all the way. If they want a full catalog I either give them old ones if I have them on hand or have them fill out a door prize slip and I mail them one. That way I have their contact information and can follow up with them.

Thank you! I had a fellow consultant say she hasnt had a good response using the mini catalogs so it kind of scared me.

I only use old minis and catalogs at my booths. I have new ones on hand for anyone who is serious about having a party or ordering. For the "window shoppers" I will recycle my old catalogs that have a sticker on the front letting them know it's an old catalog. I have my full contact info on the back and smaller website only stickers inside the catalogs (roughly pages 15, 30, & 45)

I love the exposure of booths, but the one time I used current catalogs (went through about 25-50), I got ONE order from the outlet and no bookings! Never again. I recycle instead.

Put a current catalog in a binder, each page in a page protector. Have it open on your table to a page with a hot new item (perhaps the bbq roasting pan & can holder). Allow people to browse the catalog. It keeps them at your table, gives you opportunity to ask questions, see what they like, get to know you and you them, build a relationship, etc. Then they become more comfortable with you and are more inclined to book a party, consider the business, or make a purchase.

pchockeymom said:
Put a current catalog in a binder, each page in a page protector. Have it open on your table to a page with a hot new item (perhaps the bbq roasting pan & can holder). Allow people to browse the catalog. It keeps them at your table, gives you opportunity to ask questions, see what they like, get to know you and you them, build a relationship, etc. Then they become more comfortable with you and are more inclined to book a party, consider the business, or make a purchase.

I did this with a catalog and love it! I used page size protectors, they fit the catalog pages perfectly and are the size of standard 8x10 paper. It looks very professional and sleek laying out on the table. I also have an alphabetical list of every item I have displayed with page number and price available also in a page protector. I notice that people will look at the list and often thumb through the catalog to the page, where of course other like items are found. I placed a copy of the April Host Special in a protector and put it in the binder between pages 46 & 47 of the bamboo.

The more busy stuff you have to keep someone at the table and interested the more time you have to approach them if you are involved with another passerby.

1. What is the difference between mini catalogs and full catalogs?

Mini catalogs are smaller versions of our full catalogs, typically featuring a selection of our top-selling products. Full catalogs, on the other hand, include our entire product line.

2. Which type of catalog is best for hosting a Pampered Chef party?

It ultimately depends on your personal preference and the size of your party. Mini catalogs are great for smaller, more intimate parties, while full catalogs are better for larger gatherings.

3. Can I still earn host rewards when using mini catalogs?

Yes, you can still earn host rewards when using mini catalogs. The host rewards program is the same for both types of catalogs.

4. Are mini catalogs available for all seasons?

Yes, we offer mini catalogs for all of our seasonal collections. They are a great way to showcase our featured products and promotions for each season.

5. Can I order both mini catalogs and full catalogs for my party?

Absolutely! You can order a combination of mini and full catalogs to best fit your party needs. Just be sure to let your Pampered Chef consultant know your preferences when placing your order.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• mspibb
  • Bookings, Sales, Shows, Booths etc
Replies
Views
Wildfire
Replies
Views
pchockeymom
Replies
Views
chefloretta