• Join Chef Success Today! Get support for your Pampered Chef business today! Increase your sales right now! Download 1000s of files and images, view thousands of Pampered Chef support threads! Totally Free!

Craft Fair Booth Ideas - Need Opinions and Suggestions!

In summary, the author is doing a craft fair at an elementary school and is nervous because she's never done one on her own before. She plans to display her products, find breast cancer wrapped kisses to put in a small bowl caddy, make a booking board, and make a basket for enterprising attendees who don't book a show. She plans to have a drawing for a free cooking show, and to attract attention with a "play station set up" including water and sparkly confetti, an Ap. Wedger, A/P/C/S, and apples.
kcmckay
Gold Member
I'm doing a craft fair at an elementary school, this coming weekend and have some idea, just want opinions. I'm a little nervous since I've never done one on my own at all. But I'm excited because although it may seem selfish I need the leads and don't want to share and I could afford the $30 cost without help.

Anyway this is what I plan on doing for now. I have all the HWC products so I'm of course going to display them to get bookings. I'm also going to see if I can find those breast cancer wrapped kisses to put in small bowl caddy since that's the other may host special.

I'm also going to make a booking board, for booking certain dates they'll get this on top of reg host benefits. On top of booking board, I'm going to make up a basket that to enter to win you need to book a show.

I am also going to have those that don't book a show enter a drawing to win a free cooking show. Show in a bag. I need ideas on this. I was going to make up a "show in a bag". I wanted to use a reusable bag and put in maybe like a 2 liter of soda, plates, napkins, etc. and ingredients. Should I put actual ingredients, something to replicate them? Probably anything perishable shouldn't be real. I could use empty boxes or something. Any help ideas thought on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA!!!!!!!

Also feed back, opinions etc. on my other ideas also welcomed.

bumping........?

This is sounding pretty complicated to me with all the variations. I do not blame you for wanting to not share this event -- $30 is very reasonable. When I do fairs/booths I bring lots of product and concentrate on taking orders and getting bookings. I have only done the win a free show drawing, and amazingly, almost everyone wins the free show. I have the people who stop by fill out one of our drawing cards (thanks for joining us) and have them hand it to me and I put it in a container. If I get the opportunity, I write a note on the back of who they came with so it doesn't look like everyone is getting a free show. My free shows include all the ingredients, not sending the invitations like many here do. If you are looking for more bookings, I can see concentrating on that.At any rate, go early, get set up, relax and enjoy yourself. They will come as everyone seems to love PC!!

Do you plan on demonstrating any products? Sometimes if you push booking and not the products it will not interest people, especially if they don't know you. You need something on your table to catch their attention.

In my thread under BOOTHS, FESTIVALS,...etc I wrote that I am going to use a portable DVD player and play the Your Life, Your Way DVD. I am trying this for the first time on Saturday to see if this helps to draw more people to my table. Once I get them there then I can ask my questions.

Hope this is helpful information.

have a "play station set up if you have room. Get QSP and fill with water and sparkly confetti for kids to come up and plunge. Gets attention. Maybe have Ap. Wedger and/or A/P/C/S and apples for them to wedge and peel. I set up a table for UPS last week and made a palm tree. THAT brought a lot of people to the table. Cut a large baking potato in half and place half side down on cutting board. Cut out hole in center of potato with corer. Stick a carrot in center of potato and use knife to cut into sides of carrot to resemble the palm tree trunk. Vshape cutter to cut off top of green pepper. Use top of pepper and stick into the top of carrot with a toothpick. Leave all the seeds intact as those will resemble coconuts. It is very cute and an attention getter. You can use the other part of the pepper and fill it with salsa and fill up collapsible bowl with chips for dippping. Also, do the cream cheese, one of the new sauces and serve with crackers. Serve it in collapsed collapsible bowl. That will really sell those sauces too!

I was not really planning on demoing just getting leads and info and all that. But leaving the fair with bookings and recruit leads is my goal. All the ones that don't book right away will win a "free cooking show" and I just wanted to present it in a fun way. I may do the QSP trick however. Unfortunatley I don't have many new products and my director needs her for another event she's doing. I do fortunately have all the HWC products to display though. I made sure I ordered those and perhaps they will help with bookings, or even just individual orders. I'm hoping to get some recruit leads that will be willing to go to the oppurtunity night our SD is hosting the monday after craft fair.

1. What items should I bring to my first solo booth at a craft fair?

It's important to have a variety of products to display at your booth. We recommend bringing a selection of our top-selling kitchen gadgets, cookware, and bakeware. Additionally, consider bringing some samples or demonstrations to showcase the quality and functionality of our products.

2. How do I set up an appealing display at my booth?

To make your booth stand out, create a visually appealing display by using different levels and textures. Use a tablecloth or risers to add height, and arrange products in an eye-catching way. Don't forget to include signs or banners with your business name and logo for branding purposes.

3. How can I attract customers to my booth?

To attract customers, make sure your booth is well-lit and inviting. Offer free samples or small treats to entice people to stop by. You can also engage with potential customers by offering cooking tips or recipe ideas using our products. Don't forget to have business cards or flyers available for interested customers to take with them.

4. Is it necessary to have inventory on hand for immediate purchase?

While having inventory on hand can be beneficial for impulse purchases, it is not always necessary. Many customers may prefer to place orders for products they are interested in, and you can offer to have those orders shipped directly to their home. This also allows you to manage your inventory more efficiently.

5. What is the best way to handle payment transactions at a craft fair?

The best way to handle payment transactions is to have a mobile payment system set up, such as Square or PayPal. This allows you to accept credit and debit card payments on the spot. You can also offer cash or check options, but make sure to have proper change and a secure place to store cash at your booth.

Similar Pampered Chef Threads

• Chef Bobby
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
JackieB999
  • TJMagoo
  • Pampered Chef Booths
Replies
Views
rhoweth74
Replies